Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

How Many Hours Do You Spend Listening To Radio Daily? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Many Hours Do You Spend Listening To Radio Daily? (299 Views)

Teni Says She’s Pregnant For Wizkid After Listening To 'Joro' / Rihanna Spotted Listening To Wizkid Ojuelegba Song (video) / “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Hours Do You Spend Listening To Radio Daily? by MikePhilly(m): 3:35pm On Jun 01, 2021
Somewhat thanks to Covid19, the growth of audio content in Nigeria has been enjoying unprecedented growth, especially with the rise of podcasts and introduction of Spotify, radio has never been this interesting to maximize as a tool of promotion. Ask veteran broadcaster Ife Ajagbe, who has the most influence across local and international platforms.

Steadily, radio is becoming the new cultural element employed by advertisers, artistes, business owners, publishers and listeners alike, towards integrating a progressive community for their respective brands, after evolving through various means of communication. An instance is the Kennis104.1Fm Radio Shop, which brilliantly incorporates social media in connecting sellers, buyers and millions of radio audience in the most informative manner ever, hosted on Thursdays at 11.30AM.

Audio is the future of content and Radio is the future of promotion, as its waves continue to penetrate the most remote locations in rural and uncivilized territories, such that even European celebrities are going as far as maximizing Ife's radio reach through her radio show which has a YouTube channel for lovers of visual content.

OfftheMic podcast with Keyara of Bridge98.7fm in Asaba, is another brilliant but PG rated concept of content, which is steadily enjoying local and international streams.

Other notable personalities who are exploring ways to maximize the strength of radio influence include Wazobia FM legend Kayode Ogunleye, Cool FM's Do2tun, Kenny Ogungbe himself and a growing number of data driven entertainers.

Contemporary media findings highlight that Radio is the dominant news platform in Nigeria, with a large percentage overall across all major demographic groups saying they listen to the radio for news at least weekly, Word of mouth and TV follow as the most common means of getting news. The Internet ranks fourth with a few Nigerians using it as a source for news at least weekly, though Ife Ajagbe has introduced the concept of delivering the news via Twitter

With English listenership thriving the most, estimated 4 in 10 Nigerians say they listen to the radio weekly using a mobile phone and some cite listening on a car radio. Other methods of listening are relatively rare, with only one in 20 listeners saying they have used a satellite receiver, cable TV, or the Internet to listen to the radio in recent times.

Which begs the Informative Question?

How Many Hours Do You Spend Listening To Radio Daily?

Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend Listening To Radio Daily? by kinzation(m): 3:37pm On Jun 01, 2021
Thirty mins for sports daily
And This popular program in Ibadan
Agidigbo FM

Mr Soul every sundays 3 hrs
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend Listening To Radio Daily? by MikePhilly(m): 3:39pm On Jun 01, 2021
kinzation:
Thirty mins for sports daily
And This popular program in Ibadan
Agidigbo FM

Mr Soul every sundays 3 hrs

Keyara's Off the Mic has the nastiest content on the airwaves

https://open.spotify.com/show/2IRrY3s7x8dqYOdgWOwAjU
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend Listening To Radio Daily? by BelloP: 4:25pm On Jun 01, 2021
Wow I've done 9 hours 12 mins today according to podcast addict. I listen to BBC and NPR mostly upto x2.7. Tune out my noisy neighbours
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend Listening To Radio Daily? by kinzation(m): 7:55pm On Jun 01, 2021
Really
I’ll check out the link later
MikePhilly:

Keyara's Off the Mic has the nastiest content on the airwaves

https://open.spotify.com/show/2IRrY3s7x8dqYOdgWOwAjU
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend Listening To Radio Daily? by MikePhilly(m): 10:46am On Jun 02, 2021
kinzation:
Really
I’ll check out the link later

Also checkout Ife Ajagbe on Kennis104.1fm, 6am- 12pm

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Incase You Missed Bigbrother Naija Highlight Show Today (full Video) / I Open Business For My Fiancee, She Use The Money To Train Another Guy In The Un / “up Nepa No Dey Uae” – Watch As Jude Ighalo’s Mother Chooses Uae Over Uar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.