Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,018 members, 7,821,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Scrapping NYSC Scheme Not In Interest Of Nigeria’s Unity – Sultan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scrapping NYSC Scheme Not In Interest Of Nigeria’s Unity – Sultan (278 Views)

Address Poverty, Insecurity For Sustainable Unity, Sultan Tells Leaders / Mutual Respect, Understanding Key To Nigeria’s Unity – Sultan / Anybody That Jokes With Nigeria's Unity Has A Problem With Us - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scrapping NYSC Scheme Not In Interest Of Nigeria’s Unity – Sultan by Mecka: 6:02pm On Jun 01, 2021
The Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar,
says agitation for the scrapping of the
National Youth Service (NYSC) scheme
is not in the interest of Nigeria’s unity.

Mr Abubakar spoke when he hosted
some selected members of NYSC Batch
A stream 2 Corps members posted to
Sokoto state in his palace on Monday in
Sokoto.

The Sultan said that those agitating for
the scrapping of the scheme did not
mean well for the country.

The emir explained that the NYSC
scheme was established to foster the
nation’s unity and strengthen ties
among Nigerians.

“I heard there are efforts for the
scrapping of the NYSC scheme, I assure
you that those behind that struggle do
not mean well for this country,” Mr
Abubakar said.

According to him, the NYSC scheme is
the most needed programme in view of
the present situation when Nigeria is
almost divided along ethnic and
religious lines.

He welcomed youth corps members
posted to the state, saying that the state
was the most peaceful state in Nigeria.
Mr Abubakar urged the youth corps
members to consider the state as their
second home and explore the
opportunities therein.

The paramount ruler, who advised them
to respect the customs and traditions of
their host communities, urged them to
be security conscious as there are
security challenges in parts of the state.

“I urge you to be security conscious
while staying in Sokoto, you know there
are security challenges now all over the
world, we have our own share also.

”You should not keep late nights and if
you have any challenges contact your
district head because they are like your
father and guardian ” he said.

He gave assurance that there would not
be any reprisal “because a northerner
had been killed in Owerri, Enugu or Aba”,
saying that another person could not be
punished because of what someone did
elsewhere.

He said that the two major religions in
Nigeria, Christianity and Islam are
against the killing of innocent people,
saying life is sacred and no one has the
right to kill anybody at will.

He implored leaders to speak up when
things were going wrong, saying
injustice must also be addressed to
calm tension and agitations.

Earlier, Philip Enaberue, the Sokoto State
NYSC Coordinator, thanked the Sultan
for his unflinching support to the
scheme in the state.

Mr Enaberue said as it was a tradition
and that they were in the palace to pay
homage to the Sultan and seek his
fatherly advice.

He said that 1,414 youth corps members
were undergoing orientation in the state,
out of which 714 were males while 700
were females from the 36 states of the
federation and the FCT.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/464954-scrapping-nysc-scheme-not-in-interest-of-nigerias-unity-sultan.html

1 Like

Re: Scrapping NYSC Scheme Not In Interest Of Nigeria’s Unity – Sultan by SLAP44: 6:03pm On Jun 01, 2021
You mean it?
Re: Scrapping NYSC Scheme Not In Interest Of Nigeria’s Unity – Sultan by DiagnoPolitics: 6:05pm On Jun 01, 2021
So that you can continue to kill and sacrifice young southern corpers to your blood thirsty prophet muhamMAD?

Scrap the damn thing and use the fund as incentive paid to young graduates during acquisition of applicable skills post-tertiary education.

1 Like

Re: Scrapping NYSC Scheme Not In Interest Of Nigeria’s Unity – Sultan by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 01, 2021
It should be scrapped totally.

NYSC should be scrapped. it is now a failure

1 Like

Re: Scrapping NYSC Scheme Not In Interest Of Nigeria’s Unity – Sultan by Vickym1(f): 6:13pm On Jun 01, 2021
Why is it that this man doesn't condemn the atrocities of herdsmen
Re: Scrapping NYSC Scheme Not In Interest Of Nigeria’s Unity – Sultan by DDDEnterprises: 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2021
Vickym1:
Why is it that this man doesn't condemn the atrocities of herdsmen

There's no better credible source to get your answer than the man himself.

You can go and ask him.

just a suggestion. undecided
Re: Scrapping NYSC Scheme Not In Interest Of Nigeria’s Unity – Sultan by Simplyleo: 6:17pm On Jun 01, 2021
I also support its scrapping.

It has led to people leaving their backward villages to settle elsewhere where as others cannot be comfortable with their own worthless villages.

I have heard of prospective Corp members trying to get posted to Lagos, Ogun, Kaduna and Kano and I haven't heard of anyone trying to serve in some undeveloped hamlets.

The damn scheme should be scrapped without further delay to truncate this rural urban migration. I'm tired of seeing some useless faces around me in the name of useless NYSC.
Re: Scrapping NYSC Scheme Not In Interest Of Nigeria’s Unity – Sultan by HallaDaTruth: 6:19pm On Jun 01, 2021
Which mumu unity. Unity fire you there. Face like pesin wey drink otapiapia mixed with sniper. By the way the person who commented before my is the reason why the word useless exists
Re: Scrapping NYSC Scheme Not In Interest Of Nigeria’s Unity – Sultan by Mecka: 7:04pm On Jun 01, 2021
is there a way they can the revamp the scheme
Re: Scrapping NYSC Scheme Not In Interest Of Nigeria’s Unity – Sultan by slivertongue: 7:09pm On Jun 01, 2021
nysc has outlived its usefulness
Re: Scrapping NYSC Scheme Not In Interest Of Nigeria’s Unity – Sultan by adonis89(m): 7:18pm On Jun 01, 2021
Always talking of unity with mouth but never willing to work for unity

(1) (Reply)

C'river Set To Flag-off College Of Nursing Science In South-south Nigeria / Many Instances Top Politicians Passed Critical Message To Nigerians / Buhari Joins Trump, Other World Leaders Whose Posts Have Been Deleted By Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.