Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

3 Vital Lessons I Have Learnt From The Crypto Market Crash - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Vital Lessons I Have Learnt From The Crypto Market Crash (198 Views)

Binance CEO, Changpeng Zhao, Loses $12 Billion As Crypto Market Slumps / Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It / Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Vital Lessons I Have Learnt From The Crypto Market Crash by EmeUdofa(m): 4:46pm On Jun 02, 2021
I don't have the largest crypto portfolios nor am I the most experienced trader around. But if you are a beginner trader or Crypto enthusiasts,

You should find this useful.

Read till the end. (Or not. It's your life)

1. Investment Is Not For Broke People

Controversial statement, I know but I have pitched my tent here. I firmly believe that only people who have created steady income generating businesses or have big money from their salaries should invest in the crypto market and my reason is simple...

You can't invest if you never chop belleful!

While the volatility of crypto assets are it's super power, same volatility can end you, literally.

Many broke traders just go into trades because they heard so and so coins will pump. You may be lucky and that happens... But you can also be unlucky and suffer a dip.

At that time is when you should be patient, but because you are trading with money that's meant for your day to days, and you don't have any steady income generating businesses, you will panic and sell off and actually suffer a loss.

My advice?

Set up steady income generating businesses. When you've done that, you can use Crypto to 10X or even 100X your money.

You will always feel in more control that way, and your emotions won't be all over the place at every dip.

Do this for your mental health!

2. Don't Invest What You Can't Afford To Lose

I first learnt this from my Crypto Coach Pastor Stephen Izekor. He said it like this - "never invest what you cannot afford to lose".

Those words have stuck with me throughout my Crypto journey and have saved me from heartbreaks and possible depression.

You see many traders today don't know how to take calculated risks. You will see people trade with their life's savings, house rent and school fees...

Then come to cry on social media when things go south. Some that can't take it end up depressed and a few others go as far as taking their lives.

If you've gotten nothing else from this thread, always remember this one- NEVER INVEST WHAT YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE.

3. Learn First

I know I am stating the obvious, but I also know a lot people disregard this obvious part and you might be one of them.

Learning about cryptocurrencies goes beyond just knowing how to open the Binance app and enter trades.

Emotion/risk management is part of what you need to learn as a trader.

Take time to learn first before you put your money into Crypto. Don't just be an opportunist.

Learn first then you earn.

PS:

In this Crypto crash, there are a lot of people that are still emotionally stable. No panic sales and;

Are just patiently waiting for the next bull run.

If you'd like to be like the true gurus and master how you can 10X - 100X Your Money Using Crypto, take a moment to fill out this survey to see if you qualify...

https://forms.gle/ZiDB8cEATJqLferW9

It will only take you 3 minutes.
Re: 3 Vital Lessons I Have Learnt From The Crypto Market Crash by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 02, 2021
Call my number to comment something reasonable when this hits front page
Re: 3 Vital Lessons I Have Learnt From The Crypto Market Crash by EmeUdofa(m): 5:46pm On Jun 02, 2021
The thought of this hitting the front page is already a very kind feedback. You will be duly notified when that happens.
iamadonis2:
Call my number to comment something reasonable when this hits front page

(1) (Reply)

How Popular Palms Shopping Mall Was Birthed / FBN Insurance Rewards Retail Agents / CAC Registration Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.