Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

How Do I Begin Affiliate Marketing? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Begin Affiliate Marketing? (248 Views)

What Steps Can I Take Begin Affiliate Marketing Without Quiting My 9-5 Job? / How Do I Begin My Cryptocurrency Journey? / What Online Business Can I Begin With 100k? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Begin Affiliate Marketing? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 02, 2021
Well, if that is your question, here's a guide to get you started with affiliate marketing and hopefully earn via affiliate marketing.
As a bonus it's written in clear, simple and easy to understand terms.

But first.

What is affiliate marketing?

affiliate marketing as defined by Pat Flynn

" is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s products.
You find a product you like, promote it to others and earn a piece of the profit for each sale that
you make. "

* scenarios representing affiliate marketing

Ǐ scenario a

Joe: I want to sell my benz,

John: which benz?

Joe: this new one

John: oh, I can help you sell that car

Joe: oh yeah, $500k is my price

John: I will take 10% of the money. Agreed?

Joe: no problem, just make the sale.

Ǐ scenario b
You show an ad or a link for shop 90 on your website/blog, or social media.

A customer clicks your unique link.

The customer makes a purchase in shop 90.

The affiliate network records the transaction.

The purchase is confirmed by shop 90.

You get paid a commission.

The above scenarios show how affiliate marketing works. You get a product, sell it and get
a commission.

This products could be digital or physical products.

Re: How Do I Begin Affiliate Marketing? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 02, 2021
Types of affiliate marketing:

● unattached affiliate marketing; you promote products that are not in your niche, this is
usually done via pay per click or search engine marketing campaigns.
Google ads and social media ads are often used in carrying out promotions.

This type of affiliate marketing doesn't require content creation or going through the trust
building process with your audience, just creation of ad copy(ies).

● related affiliate marketing; just as the name implies, you promote products that are related
to the your niche.
Those involved in this kind of affiliate marketing do not necessarily use the products or services
they promote.

This is done via banner ads and links related to their audience.

● involved affiliate marketing; simply put, you promote a product you have used and are
confident in it's quality.
Involved affiliate marketing requires the buildup of trust between you and your audience.

This type of affiliate marketing suits content creators such as youtubers and bloggers.
Products are promoted via content the affiliate puts out.

Parties involved in affiliate marketing;

♤ the merchant/network

☆ the affiliate

◇ the customer

♤ the merchant/network
This is the creator of the product who puts the product up for sale. It can be a big company or
an entrepreneur.

The merchant can run his affiliate program or instead list his product on the platform of an
affiliate network such as JvZoo or Amazon.

you can take on the role of a merchant, partnering with an affiliate network to place your
products on the network for a stipulated fee, amazon is an example of a network that offers this.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Begin Affiliate Marketing? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 05, 2021
◇ the customer
The customer is king in the affiliate marketing system. He makes the purchase that enables the
affiliate program function without the customer, the affiliate will not earn commission.

your role?
Here you are called the affiliate or publisher, you act as a promoter, you earn per sale, but some affliate programs can reward you for leads,
free-trial users, clicks to a website, or even getting downloads for an app.
It all depends on the affiliate program you join.
Your affiliate earning percentage can be low as 10% or even high as a 100%.

☆ Your job basically:
to bring a customer!

Who should I sell to and what product should I sell?

This question is also called Niche.
This is a vital question to answer before you can begin affiliate marketing as it shows you who you will be selling to and what you will be selling.
With that in mind if you sell health products your marketing focus will be aimed at potential
customers in the health niche.

Picking a niche is an important step in affiliate marketing, so take your time to decide!
Alot of affiliate programs are free to join, so you don’t have to worry about signup fees.
If done properly, this performance-based opportunity can make you money while you sleep.

What to sell?
a variety of products such as;

drones, virtual reality, 3d printers, phone accessories, hoverboards, gym equipment, fashion, gaming, pet-grooming, baby care, digital courses and learning material, office accessories, gardening equipment, kitchen equipment, computers and accessories

and a whole lot!

Re: How Do I Begin Affiliate Marketing? by Omobola121(f): 9:25pm On Jun 05, 2021
Thank You.

(1) (Reply)

MTN Finally Effects N6.93 Charge On USSD Services / Mark Zuckerberg: If I Were An Avenger, Pretty Sure I'd Be Hawkeye (VIDEO) / Tracker Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.