Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Akwa Ibom Teachers Recruitment Was Not Free And Fair: My Experience - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Akwa Ibom Teachers Recruitment Was Not Free And Fair: My Experience (327 Views)

Lagos State Government New Teachers Recruitment 2018 Online Application / Enugu State Government Teachers Recruitment 2017 (2000 Positions) / Federal Teachers Scheme | Federal Government Teachers Recruitment 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Teachers Recruitment Was Not Free And Fair: My Experience by ProfBlessed(m): 6:03pm On Jun 02, 2021
I am usually not enthusiastic about government opportunities, not because I don't desire them, but because I came to the realisation that such opportunities do not exist for people like me, people who know no one that knows someone that is important.

But somehow, when the Akwa Ibom state government announced the recruitment of secondary school teachers in the state, I fell for the governors promises and decided to go all out for it. I've always had respect for the governor and this made it easier for me to believe him. He had assured us that the recruitment would be by merit, and when the time for aptitude test came, we were assured that every candidate would get their result immediately after the exam. This made it seem as if they were serious about being transparent.

I had job in Abuja, which wasn't so satisfying anyway. I resigned from my job, gathered the little money I had saved and paid my way back home, to Akwa Ibom, hoping for the best. True to their words, when I finished the test, the result came out immediately and I scored 90. I went back home rejoicing.

This is the sad part. The final list for interview came out today, and names of people who scored as low as 70 were shortlisted, yet my name is not in the list. I feel really down right now. I feel wronged. I need justice.

I've been thinking of legal steps I can take to make sure this injustice is addressed. Please I need your advice. Is there anything I can do?
Re: Akwa Ibom Teachers Recruitment Was Not Free And Fair: My Experience by Fahdiga(m): 6:04pm On Jun 02, 2021
Nothing is ever fair in Nigeria. It sucks to be a Nigerian under the lifeless

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Teachers Recruitment Was Not Free And Fair: My Experience by DaddyRochie1642: 6:06pm On Jun 02, 2021
I feel ya pain

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Teachers Recruitment Was Not Free And Fair: My Experience by Abiababe(f): 6:32pm On Jun 02, 2021
Legal steps is good but right now courts are on strike and if you're patient to wait till they resume, it will take like a month plus for your case to be filed before they give u a court date, they will keep adjourning the case and you will pay your lawyers for every case either adjourned or not. Before the final ruling, there will be months and months of sections and I don't think you will win because you're fighting the state.

Just pray and hope for the best.

It's well.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Teachers Recruitment Was Not Free And Fair: My Experience by ProfBlessed(m): 9:34pm On Jun 02, 2021
Abiababe:
Legal steps is good but right now courts are on strike and if you're patient to wait till they resume, it will take like a month plus for your case to be filed before they give u a court date, they will keep adjourning the case and you will pay your lawyers for every case either adjourned or not. Before the final ruling, there will be months and months of sections and I don't think you will win because you're fighting the state.

Just pray and hope for the best.

It's well.

This is true. The legal system is part of the reasons we are where we are today. We cannot even hold our leaders accountant. We are forced to accept everything and anything.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Front Desk Officer / Get A Remote Job In 30 Days And Earn In Dollars / Web Developer Needed For Immediate Employment In Abeokuta, Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.