Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,551 members, 7,958,693 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:03 PM

House Of Reps Receives Proposal To Change Nigeria’s Name To Uar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Reps Receives Proposal To Change Nigeria’s Name To Uar (630 Views)

Why We Should Change Nigeria To UAR (United African Republic) / United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name / HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

House Of Reps Receives Proposal To Change Nigeria’s Name To Uar by olayinka00(m): 7:35pm On Jun 02, 2021
A proposal to change Nigeria’s name to United African Republic has been received by the House of Representatives Special Committee on Constitution Review.

The proposal was submitted by Adeleye Jokotoye, a tax consultant to the committee at the South West zonal public hearing in Lagos.

According to Jokotoye, the name ‘Nigeria’ was imposed on the country in the colonial era, hence it should be changed.

Jokotoye also explained that he chose ‘United Africa Republic’ because the country is made up of hundreds of ethnic groups that need to be United.

He also suggested as an alternative, ‘United Alkebulan Republic’ (Alkebulan means ‘mother of mankind’).

https://gyonlineng.com/change-nigerias-name-to-uar/

Nigeria's Lawmakers Receives Proposal to Change Nigeria's Name to UAR

Re: House Of Reps Receives Proposal To Change Nigeria’s Name To Uar by MightySparrow: 7:42pm On Jun 02, 2021
So that what would change?
Re: House Of Reps Receives Proposal To Change Nigeria’s Name To Uar by CharleyBright(m): 7:42pm On Jun 02, 2021
Lol.
Sounds like a name concorted by Fulanis to incorporate all Fulanis of Africa into a country.
Abeg make we maintain Nigeria as a name jeje.
I am not agreeing with Fulani agenda.

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Receives Proposal To Change Nigeria’s Name To Uar by NiceCeSi(f): 7:45pm On Jun 02, 2021
That will change nothing as long as the same crop of leaders are still in power.
Re: House Of Reps Receives Proposal To Change Nigeria’s Name To Uar by uncleiykeman(m): 7:49pm On Jun 02, 2021
Nonsense
Re: House Of Reps Receives Proposal To Change Nigeria’s Name To Uar by jhydebaba(m): 7:56pm On Jun 02, 2021
I'm from UAR cheesy

I'm a UARian

UAR ko USR no...yeye dey smell.

Will that stop boko haram up north?? Abi na bandits e go solve... 9ja problem sef too much.
Re: House Of Reps Receives Proposal To Change Nigeria’s Name To Uar by Chepos1(m): 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2021
There are more pressing issues jor
Re: House Of Reps Receives Proposal To Change Nigeria’s Name To Uar by Bluntguy: 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2021
He should keep dreaming. Before this rubber stamp senate will do anything on it Biafra and Oduduwa Republics are both gone.
Re: House Of Reps Receives Proposal To Change Nigeria’s Name To Uar by temitope27(m): 8:34pm On Jun 02, 2021
Will that one boost the economy?
Re: House Of Reps Receives Proposal To Change Nigeria’s Name To Uar by Earlystar698(m): 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2021
If you spell malam from front to back it's still malam

If you change nigeria to milk it's still the shit hole nigeria...

Name changing doesn't matter what matters is the career politicians!
Re: House Of Reps Receives Proposal To Change Nigeria’s Name To Uar by Generalnomercy: 8:47pm On Jun 02, 2021
Arrangements to incorporate the foreign fulaterrorists across the world
Re: House Of Reps Receives Proposal To Change Nigeria’s Name To Uar by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 02, 2021
How any sane man will look at Nigeria and attach the word "United" to it without flinching really boggles my mind.
Re: House Of Reps Receives Proposal To Change Nigeria’s Name To Uar by Mynd44: 4:09am On Jun 03, 2021

(1)

Oby Ezekwesili Blasts Abubakar Malami & Buhari For Twitter Prosecution plan / I’m Pained FG Didn’t Allow Me To Reconstruct Osisioma-owerrinta Road - Ikpeazu / Thousands Of APC Members Dump Party, Burn Brooms In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.