Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,360 members, 7,954,471 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:47 PM

Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna (10007 Views)

Wike Orders Task Force To Destroy 500 Impounded Commercial Motorcycles / LASG Reiterates Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Restricted Areas / Lagos State Says It Did Not License Anybody To Operate Commercial Motorcycles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by iampeterben(m): 7:14am On Jun 03, 2021
The Niger state government has placed a complete ban on the activities of commercial motorcycles in the state capital, Minna after security intelligence revealed bandits are planning to perpetrate heinous crimes using motorcycles.

A statement made available to vanguard suggest that noncommercial motorcycles can operate within the hours of 6am to 9pm but a complete ban is placed on no commercial riders.

“Please be informed that the Niger State Government has banned completely the operation of commercial motorcycles within Minna, the state capital.” The state govt said.
The state govt noted that the restrictions begins from 9pm to 6am.”

“Noncommercial motorcycles however, are permitted to operate but only within the hours of 6am and 9pm. Restriction time is 9pm to 6am.
The state government revealed that the ban is necessary after security reports show that bandits are planing to use motorcycles to carry out attacks in the state

“This is coming after the State Government received security reports of how bandits use motorcycles to carryout criminal activities in the state. The ban, which commences from Minna metropolis effect from tomorrow Thursday, June 3, 2021, will be extended to all parts of the state in the coming weeks.

“Niger state Government regrets any inconvenience this necessary decision may cause the residents of the state.” The sated govt stated.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/niger-places-complete-ban-on-commercial-motorcycles-in-minna/

4 Likes

Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by ictjobber: 7:29am On Jun 03, 2021
Good

1 Like

Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by Ikwerelastborn: 7:29am On Jun 03, 2021
Just look out how the criminals are affecting the livelihood of others , this life eh,I wish God can destroy the whole world with water once again but this time around sparing no human, let only the animals and plants live.man is messing up the world

9 Likes

Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by Judolisco(m): 7:29am On Jun 03, 2021
B like say d next zone na Niger state o... And Niger is very close to kwara... Kwara get link with lagos, osun, ekiti, oyo, ogun.. D West should be very vigilant o

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by Chatflick(m): 7:30am On Jun 03, 2021
I'm buying Ebay accounts registered from 2018 below. WhatsApp me, check my signature
Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by naijadrivablog: 7:30am On Jun 03, 2021
OK, just in Minna.
Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by honey001(m): 7:30am On Jun 03, 2021
Aaah
Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by Kolaboluv7(m): 7:30am On Jun 03, 2021
grin
Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by rawtouch: 7:30am On Jun 03, 2021
migration of bike riders to other states begins

4 Likes

Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by vavd0: 7:31am On Jun 03, 2021
No joy oo, leople go loose their works na

1 Like

Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by pickatyouu: 7:32am On Jun 03, 2021
Since the government can't guarantee security, na the poor go suffer am.

But placing a ban on the bike is a positive step though. Better to be safe than sorry.
Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by atiku4President(m): 7:32am On Jun 03, 2021
Good move. Buy ban them in Lagos or Enugu and you will hear ACF threatening Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by 900warriorz: 7:32am On Jun 03, 2021
grin
Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 03, 2021
Situation just got worst
Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by Mivici: 7:33am On Jun 03, 2021
Wahala for who dey go F-Layout from bosso campus

6 Likes

Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by DMechyy: 7:33am On Jun 03, 2021
Stop making kidnapping lucrative. You guys already said you know their hideouts, round them up. Dont wait till they cause mayem and be shocked up and down, giving lame condolences

3 Likes

Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by 900warriorz: 7:34am On Jun 03, 2021
Wahala for who be Okada man for Minna oo...just go buy bitter kola dey sell
Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by money121(m): 7:34am On Jun 03, 2021
Ok
Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by Xscape047: 7:35am On Jun 03, 2021
I have the video
Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by Jostoman: 7:36am On Jun 03, 2021
rawtouch:

migration of bike riders to other states begins
they will soon relocate to Southwest.

1 Like

Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by Everester: 7:36am On Jun 03, 2021
This people just continue making life difficult for the masses, bike riding is the last hope of young guys,
Do they know the number of people that will be affected with this action, the people selling spare part are now back to zero,the mechanics too will now be empty handed,the rider too will be jobless, the masses boarding the bike will have to treck more,the vulcanizer income too will be reduce,

You don't provide jobs,and some that are able to established themselves, u are still trying to render them useless,

Anyway I reserved my comments

5 Likes

Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by Jostoman: 7:37am On Jun 03, 2021
They will soon relocate to Southwest
Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by Jesuschristus: 7:38am On Jun 03, 2021
Good decision it will reduce insecurity and road transport accidents, but will av some short term economic implications, I hope other states will follow.
Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by Dimejimichael(m): 7:38am On Jun 03, 2021
Hope dey will be able to enforce it..

Few days to left ... Registration on going

Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by maximunimpact(m): 7:40am On Jun 03, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:
Just look out how the criminals are affecting the livelihood of others , this life eh,I wish God can destroy the whole world with water once again but this time around sparing no human, let only the animals and plants live.man is messing up the world

and some humans even think they'll go to heaven to spend eternity
Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by Jamesbally: 7:43am On Jun 03, 2021
Judolisco:
B like say d next zone na Niger state o... And Niger is very close to kwara... Kwara get link with lagos, osun, ekiti.. D West should be very vigilant o

The EAST is where the action is. The Nigerian Army are ready for a show down with all the criminals (IPOB) in that Region grin grin

Re: Niger Places Complete Ban On Commercial Motorcycles In Minna by LogotechNg: 7:49am On Jun 03, 2021
Mehnn...
Nice preventive measure put in place.
Bad news keeps hitting our media house back to back undecided angry . I pray Nigeria is restored to Normally. I pray God comforts those who have lost their properties and loved ones in this trying times.
Good morning United African Republic grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Begins Mobilisation For Labour Unions’ Strike / Gej's Incompetence Will Kill Us All If We Are Not Careful. / Akeredolu: I Didn't Call Dor The Scrapping Of The Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.