Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,292 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Gunshot Rocks Ogun Poly, Lecturers Flee - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunshot Rocks Ogun Poly, Lecturers Flee (708 Views)

Ifeanyi Michael Isibor Dies Of Gunshot Wounds In His Farm In Delta (Graphic) / Kolade Johnson Suffered 6 Gunshot Injuries - Pathologist Tells Court / Kidnapper Receiving Treatment For Gunshot Injuries On Private Part Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunshot Rocks Ogun Poly, Lecturers Flee by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 9:19pm On Jun 03, 2021
Both the teaching and non-teaching staff of the D. S Adegbenro ICT Polytechnic, Itori, Ewekoro, Ogun State on Thursday, scampered for safety following the sporadic gunshots in the premises.

Our correspondent gathered that the sound of gunshots was heard shortly after the leadership of the National Association of Nigerian Students, Ogun State chapter gained entry into the premises of the institution.

It was gathered that the incident rekindled the last year assassination of one of the lecturers in the school which happened at the gate.

The incident happened 24 hours after students blocked the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway to protest against the management over examination matters.

A video that had gone viral showed how the protesters humiliated the Special Assistant to the State Governor on Students Matters, Azeez Adeyemi during the protest.

It was learnt that NANS had been factionalised into two groups with Adeyemi leading one of the factions.

Further findings revealed that the visit of NANS loyal to Adeyemi was seen as an attempt to launch a reprisal attack on the other faction.

A source told our correspondent that both teaching and non-teaching staff became agitated following the sound of gunshots and scampered for safety.

According to the source, “Nobody knows what is going to happen next to any staff in the institution as the situation is getting serious by the day.”

The NANS leaders reportedly stormed the institution in a tinted Jeep with NASS number plate.

They allegedly blocked a gate that led to the entrance of the Rector’s office.

Gunshot rocks Ogun poly, lecturers fleeWhen contacted, NANS chairman, Damilola Simeon denied knowing anything about the shooting.

He confirmed that there was sound of gunshots shortly after he and his team arrived at the campus.

Explaining the rationale behind the visit, he said he was in the school at the invitation of the Acting Rector, Job-Kehinde Olatunji.

“I received a call from the Rector who told me the management and the students have reached an agreement over the last protest. I went there to meet with the Rector,” he said.

The Public Relations Officer of the institution, Yinka Adegbite said there was no casualty.

He said, “The NANS EXCO in Ogun State led by their Chairman, Comrade Damilola Simeon came to register their displeasure over how their chairman was treated yesterday. The matter of yesterday became a mob action, nobody could point out who attacked their chairman.

“But in any case, the chairman was reportedly attacked, and so they came this morning to register their displeasure. While we were inside discussing with them, we heard the loud bangs outside.

“We didn’t see any gun, and so I can’t say much. When people heard the sound, they got scared and assumed it was gunshot

https://punchng.com/gunshot-rocks-ogun-poly-lecturers-flee/

Re: Gunshot Rocks Ogun Poly, Lecturers Flee by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 03, 2021
Jeeeeez Mannnnnn!
Naso!

Who no go flee when him hear gunshots? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Gunshot Rocks Ogun Poly, Lecturers Flee by Lekan111(m): 9:23pm On Jun 03, 2021
MitCHELL98:
Jeeeeez Mannnnnn!
Naso!

Who no go flee when him hear gunshots? grin grin
who will now take care of the students
Re: Gunshot Rocks Ogun Poly, Lecturers Flee by Mexzy4sho(m): 9:23pm On Jun 03, 2021
Thought thepen is mighter than the sword??

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Gunshot Rocks Ogun Poly, Lecturers Flee by vavd0: 9:23pm On Jun 03, 2021
Who no go run
Re: Gunshot Rocks Ogun Poly, Lecturers Flee by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 03, 2021
Lekan111:
who will now take care of the students

This your question get as e be oo, BTW, the lecturers were never the ones taken care of them na, it's not kindergarten na...

1 Like

Re: Gunshot Rocks Ogun Poly, Lecturers Flee by Kingosytex(m): 9:26pm On Jun 03, 2021
Those men shooting sporadically are likely cultists.
Guys should quit all these rubbish and chase money.

Guys should free the who goes? Who goes? Wida bla bla bla and chase money. Na who get money rugged pass.

1 Like

Re: Gunshot Rocks Ogun Poly, Lecturers Flee by XXXXTENTACION: 9:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
Unknown Gun Men on the beat....
Re: Gunshot Rocks Ogun Poly, Lecturers Flee by Nbotee(m): 9:36pm On Jun 03, 2021
While others are fighting for their region and talking about resolving the numerous problems facing dis country, na cult and students runs some ppl still carry for head

2 Likes

Re: Gunshot Rocks Ogun Poly, Lecturers Flee by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 04, 2021
Why did those lecturers take to their heels??

The pen is mightier than the swordgun after all.
Re: Gunshot Rocks Ogun Poly, Lecturers Flee by Kingfragz: 8:17am On Jun 04, 2021
OmoOgunOriginal:
Both the teaching and non-teaching staff of the D. S Adegbenro ICT Polytechnic, Itori, Ewekoro, Ogun State on Thursday, scampered for safety following the sporadic gunshots in the premises.

Our correspondent gathered that the sound of gunshots was heard shortly after the leadership of the National Association of Nigerian Students, Ogun State chapter gained entry into the premises of the institution.

It was gathered that the incident rekindled the last year assassination of one of the lecturers in the school which happened at the gate.

The incident happened 24 hours after students blocked the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway to protest against the management over examination matters.

A video that had gone viral showed how the protesters humiliated the Special Assistant to the State Governor on Students Matters, Azeez Adeyemi during the protest.

It was learnt that NANS had been factionalised into two groups with Adeyemi leading one of the factions.

Further findings revealed that the visit of NANS loyal to Adeyemi was seen as an attempt to launch a reprisal attack on the other faction.

A source told our correspondent that both teaching and non-teaching staff became agitated following the sound of gunshots and scampered for safety.

According to the source, “Nobody knows what is going to happen next to any staff in the institution as the situation is getting serious by the day.”

The NANS leaders reportedly stormed the institution in a tinted Jeep with NASS number plate.

They allegedly blocked a gate that led to the entrance of the Rector’s office.

Gunshot rocks Ogun poly, lecturers fleeWhen contacted, NANS chairman, Damilola Simeon denied knowing anything about the shooting.

He confirmed that there was sound of gunshots shortly after he and his team arrived at the campus.

Explaining the rationale behind the visit, he said he was in the school at the invitation of the Acting Rector, Job-Kehinde Olatunji.

“I received a call from the Rector who told me the management and the students have reached an agreement over the last protest. I went there to meet with the Rector,” he said.

The Public Relations Officer of the institution, Yinka Adegbite said there was no casualty.

He said, “The NANS EXCO in Ogun State led by their Chairman, Comrade Damilola Simeon came to register their displeasure over how their chairman was treated yesterday. The matter of yesterday became a mob action, nobody could point out who attacked their chairman.

“But in any case, the chairman was reportedly attacked, and so they came this morning to register their displeasure. While we were inside discussing with them, we heard the loud bangs outside.

“We didn’t see any gun, and so I can’t say much. When people heard the sound, they got scared and assumed it was gunshot

https://punchng.com/gunshot-rocks-ogun-poly-lecturers-flee/
Scholl wey I go oooo.....it was peaceful den Sha wit just small small cult boys...I guess now d story don change
Re: Gunshot Rocks Ogun Poly, Lecturers Flee by temitope27(m): 9:53am On Jun 04, 2021
Koju ma ribi

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Look Into Our Problem, We Are Dying, Police Officer Cries Out / BEWARE: Criminals Can Use This Trick To Steal Your Money From ATM (Video) / My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic & Hid It From Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.