Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,551 members, 7,955,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:26 PM

Nigerians React To DG Plans To Mobilise Corp Members For War - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nigerians React To DG Plans To Mobilise Corp Members For War (392 Views)

Corpers Can Be Mobilised For War - Shuaibu Ibrahim (NYSC DG) / Nigerians React As Corps Member Blesses Corn Seller With Gift And Cash In Kano / NYSC Goes After 75 Ex- Corp Members For Refusing To Repay BTW N300k & N400k Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians React To DG Plans To Mobilise Corp Members For War by vegafbs: 6:02am On Jun 04, 2021
Nigerians are currently dragging the NYSC Director General, Brig. Gen Shuaibu Ibrahim, over his controversial statement of mobilising National Youth Service Corps members.

Ibrahim said this on Channels Television’s ‘Sunrise Daily’ programme on Wednesday while reacting to moves to scrap the NYSC scheme which is compulsory for all Nigerians who graduate before the age of 30.

The NYSC boss said, “Corps members are on reserve. They are part of the national defence policy of this country. So, where there is serious war, our corps members are educated, they are knowledgeable and they can be trained. You see the drill and so on.

“You can imagine within the short three weeks in the orientation camps, the corps members are moulded. They are like soldiers. You see female corps members blowing the army horn, playing with the military band.

“So, if not for the knowledge, where are you going to mobilise such young Nigerians to train them quickly to put in their best for the country? So, corps members are on reserve. They are also part of the national defence policy.”

He said the NYSC is concerned about the security of corps members and that is why they had been advised not to move around at night.

Ibrahim argued that the NYSC had become more important than ever in the face of the rising calls for secession

There are a lot of inter-marriages. For most of our females, the history of their marriages can be traced to their service year because they meet their fiancées during their service year. I have had cause to attend such weddings and the NYSC supports such weddings,” he said.

Many Nigerians on Twitter have reacted to what the NYSC boss in a funny manner leading to the Twitter trend # because of 33k”

https://www.ngtimes.net/2021/06/nigerians-react-dg-plans-mobilise-corps-members-war.html

Re: Nigerians React To DG Plans To Mobilise Corp Members For War by thesicilian: 6:12am On Jun 04, 2021
Misfits everywhere
Re: Nigerians React To DG Plans To Mobilise Corp Members For War by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 04, 2021
thesicilian:
Misfits everywhere
i dont know if some of you read before comment CORPS MEMBERS ARE APART OF NATIONAL DEFENCE POLICY OF NIGERIA , he was interpreted what was written down, the only thing i see in Nigeria is , there is no unity even NYSC Igbo will fight hausa and the same thing with Hausa and yoruba ...... MY ELDELY ADVISE LET EVERYBODY GO IN OUR SEPERATE WAYS, Nairaland will change to ODUDUWALAND and for yoruba alone, BIAFRA will create their own, Niger delta will create their own north will create their own..... BYE BYE
Re: Nigerians React To DG Plans To Mobilise Corp Members For War by thesicilian: 6:26am On Jun 04, 2021
supportnija:

i dont know if some of you read before comment CORPS MEMBERS ARE APART OF NATIONAL DEFENCE POLICY OF NIGERIA , he was interpreted what was written down, the only thing i see in Nigeria is , there is no unity even NYSC Igbo will fight hausa and the same thing with Hausa and yoruba etc
Misfits everywhere
Re: Nigerians React To DG Plans To Mobilise Corp Members For War by izuch(m): 7:02am On Jun 04, 2021
He's not out of point, it doesn't necessarily mean that in a war situation they should bear arms, they could assist with other war allied activities.
Re: Nigerians React To DG Plans To Mobilise Corp Members For War by khadaffi(m): 7:15am On Jun 04, 2021
NYSC and every paramilitary is part of National defense policy so there is nothing strange here.
Re: Nigerians React To DG Plans To Mobilise Corp Members For War by yanabasee1(m): 7:17am On Jun 04, 2021
This DG's comments will fastrack the banning of NYSC as many rich folks will not want their kids to go to war by mistake....
Re: Nigerians React To DG Plans To Mobilise Corp Members For War by Ihatemen(f): 7:19am On Jun 04, 2021
I hate men

(1) (Reply)

Electronics/computer Eng Intern (LAGOS) / You Are The Future Of Today, It Is Yours For The Taking - Olórí Afolabi / Easy Tips On How To Stand Out In A Competitive Niche Even As A Novice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.