Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Police Arrest 2 LAUTECH Student’s & Others For Stealing Victim’s N572,000. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest 2 LAUTECH Student’s & Others For Stealing Victim’s N572,000. (602 Views)

Oluwatobi Ogunmola: Missing 400-Level LAUTECH Student Found Dead In A Bush / Bodies Of LAUTECH Student, Killed By Kidnappers Recovered / Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest 2 LAUTECH Student’s & Others For Stealing Victim’s N572,000. by Jonathan231(m): 7:23am On Jun 04, 2021
The Oyo State Police Command has arrested three suspected armed robbers who allegedly attacked a resident of Ibadan, Ben Ama, at his residence.

The hoodlums reportedly robbed Ama of some of his valuables and dispossessed him of his ATM card which they took to a POS kiosk and used it to withdraw N572,000 from the victim’s account.

The victim was said to have been held at gunpoint by one of the gang members while the other went out use the ATM.

The Commissioner of Police in Oyo State, Mrs Ngozi Onadeko, said this on Thursday while parading some suspects arrested for various crimes.

Recall that some armed robbers who invaded Alaafia Estate at the Ojoo area of Ibadan on Monday were said to have used POS machines to steal victims’ money from their bank accounts. They were said to have gone away with victims ATM card after obtaining their PIN when the POS could no longer work due to network issue.

Speaking on the arrested suspects, the CP said, “Discreet investigation by operatives of the command’s Monitoring Unit led to the arrest of Akeem Ishola (49) and Mutahiru Animasaun (37) in connection with the crime. Upon interrogation, one Sherif Salawu (37), a co-worker with the victim, confessed to have masterminded the plot along with his cohorts. Investigation is still in progress.”

The CP also said the command arrested two members of Aiye Confraternity who were also armed robbers terrorising students of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology living at Under-G area of Ogbomoso.

The gun-wielding hoodlums, who were armed with guns, reportedly attacked a student of LAUTECH, identified simply as Bode, robbed him of his phone and stole N1m cash from his bank account.

The CP identified the suspects as 28-year-old Oluwanisola Quadri and Olapade Oladimeji, 30.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 2 LAUTECH Student’s & Others For Stealing Victim’s N572,000. by Ihatemen(f): 7:30am On Jun 04, 2021
I hate men
Re: Police Arrest 2 LAUTECH Student’s & Others For Stealing Victim’s N572,000. by Iyiataata92: 7:34am On Jun 04, 2021
Ihatemen:
I hate men
Men don't like you either

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 2 LAUTECH Student’s & Others For Stealing Victim’s N572,000. by Abdul05: 7:53am On Jun 04, 2021
Ihatemen:
I hate men
all men are not the same likewise all women are not the same grin l like this ur mker ( some are good and some are bad)
Re: Police Arrest 2 LAUTECH Student’s & Others For Stealing Victim’s N572,000. by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 04, 2021
LAUTECH! Meanwhile, if you need both new and uk used phones and laptops, pm me.
Re: Police Arrest 2 LAUTECH Student’s & Others For Stealing Victim’s N572,000. by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 04, 2021
Ihatemen:
I hate men
. But like their DICK grin grin grin
Re: Police Arrest 2 LAUTECH Student’s & Others For Stealing Victim’s N572,000. by temitope27(m): 9:56am On Jun 04, 2021
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Herdsmen Allegedly Abduct Four Passengers On Ibadan-ijebu Ode Road / My Chat With A Scammer -beware! (voice Note) / Nigerian Woman Caught On CCTV Stealing Church Offering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.