Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,960 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

High Food Prices And Scarcity: Let’s See A Pic Of Your Garden - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / High Food Prices And Scarcity: Let’s See A Pic Of Your Garden (964 Views)

Tomato Scarcity Looms As FG Approves Importation For Nine Companies / Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) / High Food Prices And Scarcity: Let’s See A Pic Of Your Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Food Prices And Scarcity: Let’s See A Pic Of Your Garden by Zenithh: 10:31am On Jun 04, 2021
Hello Nairalanders

The days are becoming hard and expensive each passing day. One would wonder why it’s so.
With pockets of violence and herders destroying farmlands with their cows which has prevented so many farmers from cultivating in their farms...one wouldn’t be surprised on why food prices keep skyrocketing. A big bag of semo as at yesterday goes for 5k currently,...Gari is a no go area. Most people have resorted to using Alibo and Corn starch for their soups.

Now this post sets out to encourage every nairalander to create a garden in his or her abode. It’s good if one subsistently cultivates that which he consumes at home..instead overstretching our farmers in this hard times. How about having a garden where u plant pepper,okra,tomatoe,ugu,garden eggs,watermelon etc
Do u know that even if a piece of land isn’t available in ur backyard u can use cement bags or even abandoned tyres to create a mobile garden for yourself.

Now if u are a proud gardener let’s show Nairanders how sweet it is to create one and enjoy the little things it produces.

My pics below plus d harvested items from d garden

2 Likes

Re: High Food Prices And Scarcity: Let’s See A Pic Of Your Garden by Zenithh: 10:33am On Jun 04, 2021
My water leave garden...will plant more soon

Re: High Food Prices And Scarcity: Let’s See A Pic Of Your Garden by Zenithh: 10:35am On Jun 04, 2021
Pic 1: Ugu garden as at four weeks back

Pic 2 : pruned ugu stems as at today to allow for fast growth

Re: High Food Prices And Scarcity: Let’s See A Pic Of Your Garden by Zenithh: 10:38am On Jun 04, 2021
One of my scent leave plant growing.

I noticed scent leaves love u to care for them like Babies so as to grow well...I had to massage this one two days back and till the soil around it for it to start bringing out it leaves

Re: High Food Prices And Scarcity: Let’s See A Pic Of Your Garden by DDDEnterprises: 10:53am On Jun 04, 2021
May God bless all your endeavour. Indeed, this is a good way to go

1 Like

Re: High Food Prices And Scarcity: Let’s See A Pic Of Your Garden by Zenithh: 11:02am On Jun 04, 2021
DDDEnterprises:
May God bless all your endeavour. Indeed, this is a good way to go

Thank u Sir. Let's cultivate a bit of what we eat.

We shouldn't all be interlocking the floors of our compound all through..we should endeavour to leave ground for gardening activities
Re: High Food Prices And Scarcity: Let’s See A Pic Of Your Garden by Zenithh: 11:07am On Jun 04, 2021
I saw this in a friends house..another way to have a mobile garden. very beautiful

Re: High Food Prices And Scarcity: Let’s See A Pic Of Your Garden by Zenithh: 11:08am On Jun 04, 2021
Re: High Food Prices And Scarcity: Let’s See A Pic Of Your Garden by GreatManBee: 8:01pm On Jun 06, 2021
Zenithh:
I saw this in a friends house..another way to have a mobile garden. very beautiful
Are these tomatoes or garden eggs?
Re: High Food Prices And Scarcity: Let’s See A Pic Of Your Garden by Zenithh: 8:34pm On Jun 06, 2021
GreatManBee:

Are these tomatoes or garden eggs?
Tomatoes
Re: High Food Prices And Scarcity: Let’s See A Pic Of Your Garden by tikkykay: 7:35pm On Jun 07, 2021
Zenithh:
Pic 1: Ugu garden as at four weeks back

Pic 2 : pruned ugu stems as at today to allow for fast growth
Following.... I have decided to start planting my vegetables. However ugu scares me because it has rules...like you can't just cut it anyhow.

1 Like

Re: High Food Prices And Scarcity: Let’s See A Pic Of Your Garden by Zenithh: 8:41am On Jun 08, 2021
tikkykay:

Following.... I have decided to start planting my vegetables. However ugu scares me because it has rules...like you can't just cut it anyhow.
let me see your garden
Re: High Food Prices And Scarcity: Let’s See A Pic Of Your Garden by bizzibodi(m): 8:20pm On Aug 23, 2021
See my garden

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Friesian Bull For Sale / Do You Have Any Land For Lease In Oweri, Imo State? Call Me Or Text / Kosso Wood Is Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.