Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

A Grandma Is Selling Suicide Kits Online (usa-land Of Weirdos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Grandma Is Selling Suicide Kits Online (usa-land Of Weirdos) (1989 Views)

RiversRerun: 93-Year-Old Grandma Votes For PDP (Photos) / Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits / Desmond Elliot Undergoes Accreditation With Grandma (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Grandma Is Selling Suicide Kits Online (usa-land Of Weirdos) by playmode(m): 8:04pm On May 02, 2011
A 91-year old Grandma is selling $60 suicide kits over the Internet. The kit is rather basic actually, it's a large plastic bag with an elastic band opening and a slot for a plastic tube to be inserted. The tube is supposed to be connected to a helium tank and then pumped into the bag. Helium, when inhaled in its pure form, is deadly.

She started this suicide kit business after she saw her husband undergo a long and painful death from colon cancer. And she's been making quite the money for herself, she says she's made $100,000 in sales which would mean around 1,600 of her kits have been sold. Obviously, people aren't happy about this.

Her business came to light when 29-year-old Nick Klonoski bought one of her kits and committed suicide in December 2010. Klonoski's family has spoken out on her business and lawmakers are trying to make selling kits such as those a felony. But for now it's still legal and she's still selling, saying:

"I'm doing what I can to improve the world. There's a lot of heartache and difficulty here."

Source: http://gizmodo.com/#!5797379/a-grandma-is-selling-suicide-kits-online

_________________________________________________________________________________

The USA is really a weird country ,they say drug dealing is illegal but this woman's death instrument is not , WTF  undecided

Re: A Grandma Is Selling Suicide Kits Online (usa-land Of Weirdos) by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On May 02, 2011
^^^ And how do you know this only happens in the US? If the world were to police the internet now, I bet you would cry foul?

By the way, what is wrong with someone selling these kits, afterall we have babalawos in our very communities who sell us from love potions to poisons etc. Why pretend this one is way out there when at the end of the day it all comes down to 'Will you buy or not buy?'

You live in South Africa right? Well, did you know that there are suicide groups and hookup sites for people who want to go with someone else? You can get a visa out here to meet your suicide mate too. It is a service market and someone's gat to provide for em cheesy
Re: A Grandma Is Selling Suicide Kits Online (usa-land Of Weirdos) by seanet02: 8:13pm On May 02, 2011
Waiting for the one of obamas kids will order it. America is country of ediots don't you know?
Re: A Grandma Is Selling Suicide Kits Online (usa-land Of Weirdos) by Afam4eva(m): 8:15pm On May 02, 2011
Na waoo. There's nothing one won't hear from this country called America. Weirdos full there die.
Re: A Grandma Is Selling Suicide Kits Online (usa-land Of Weirdos) by playmode(m): 8:24pm On May 02, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ And how do you know this only happens in the US? If the world were to police the internet now, I bet you would cry foul?

By the way, what is wrong with someone selling these kits, afterall we have babalawos in our very communities who sell us from love potions to poisons etc. Why pretend this one is way out there when at the end of the day it all comes down to 'Will you buy or not buy?'

You live in South Africa right? Well, did you know that there are suicide groups and hookup sites for people who want to go with someone else?

I am not aware of that but i KNOW that they will never allow anyone to sell suicide kits in South Africa.It is just insane.There is a lot wrong with allowing this woman to sell these kits because she is telling people that committing suicide is ok and a dignified way to die? If this woman is allowed to sell an instrument of death over the internet why are drug dealers not allowed to sell cocaine on ebay? Besides someone could buy this kit and use it to commit murder for example the wife of a rich sick old man could order this kit,kill her husband and say her husband killed himself.If is just morally wrong.Even the suicide groups should be banned.

This is like legalizing murder.Instead of offering uplifting advice to people who want to commit suicide ,she is urging them to kill themselves.In order words she is selling death in small packages.It is disgusting to say the least and makes me shiver down my spine.Like i said above ,this will not be allowed in SA or any African country for that matter.

You can not compare babalawos to this woman,babalawo use Juju which is not a physical instrument,besides babalawo don't go on the internet advertising poison or any death causing portion.
Re: A Grandma Is Selling Suicide Kits Online (usa-land Of Weirdos) by johnie: 8:34pm On May 02, 2011
At last!

A thread that is not about "it is only in Nigeria that this can happen."

And please let no one make it about Nigeria.
Re: A Grandma Is Selling Suicide Kits Online (usa-land Of Weirdos) by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On May 02, 2011
playmode:

I am not aware of that but i KNOW that they will never allow anyone to sell suicide kits in South Africa.It is just insane.There is a lot wrong with allowing this woman to sell these kits because she is telling people that committing suicide is ok and a dignified way to die? If this woman is allowed to sell an instrument of death over the internet why are drug dealers not allowed to sell cocaine on ebay? Besides someone could buy this kit and use it to commit murder for example the wife of a rich sick old man could order this kit,kill her husband and say her husband killed himself.If is just morally wrong.Even the suicide groups should be banned.

This is like legalizing murder.Instead of offering uplifting advice to people who want to commit suicide ,she is urging them to kill themselves.In order words she is selling death in small packages.It is disgusting to say the least and makes me shiver down my spine.Like i said above ,this will not be allowed in SA or any African country for that matter.

You can not compare babalawos to this woman,babalawo use Juju which is not a physical instrument,besides babalawo don't go on the internet advertising poison or any death causing portion.

What are you on about? She is simply selling a kit . . . what you choose to do with it is up to you.

I want to understand your problem with this --- are you miffed that she is an old woman? Or that she is selling on the internet? Or that she is selling suicide kit -- which one exactly is it? Like I said . . . Babalawo's sell about the same thing -- heck they sell murder kits, if you can call it that -- but are you suggesting that because they do not sell these potions online, they are not the same? If that is it then I suggest you search to find the online Babalawos we have these days. I don't really have a problem with these folks since there are those who believe in it and so I cannot force my view on them.

Selling Cyanide is not same as legalizing death by Cyanide -- in much the same way selling Suicide kit is not same -- if you ask me. Judging from what seems to be contained in the kit, the items you can easily purchase from the corner store. So again I ask -- what is the problem you have with the kit? That it has the word "SUICIDE" associated with it? To be honest, people who want to commit suicide will commit it whether you like it or not --- a kit will not change their mind or make them more willing to do it. In much the same way that guns don't make people murderers or make them more likely to be murderers. Individuals, at the end of the day, will need to make decisions on whether they need these tools to express themselves or not.

Suicide was not created in America -- the first suicide in history was not even an american-- and has nothing to do with any one country. There are still many cultures around the world that consider Suicide an honorable way to go, some of them 'advanced' cultures too. I am not certain needing a kit to carry out this 'honorable' act by some in these places will be seen as an abomination or something . . . ROFLMAO!!

Anywho, lol . . . That you found this particular story does not in anyway mean this one invented the idea or is the only one on the world-wide web who is doing it. Trying to link this to a country is showing you are probably not really interested in the issue of suicides but in painting someone bad just for the heck of it, IMO.

2 Likes

Re: A Grandma Is Selling Suicide Kits Online (usa-land Of Weirdos) by seanet02: 9:03pm On May 02, 2011
Kobojunkie:

What are you on about? She is simply selling a kit . . . what you choose to do with it is up to you.

I want to understand your problem with this --- are you miffed that she is an old woman? Or that she is selling on the internet? Or that she is selling suicide kit -- which one exactly is it? Like I said . . . Babalawo's sell about the same thing -- heck they sell murder kits, if you can call it that -- but are you suggesting that because they do not sell these potions online, they are not the same? If that is it then I suggest you search to find the online Babalawos we have these days. I don't really have a problem with these folks since there are those who believe in it and so I cannot force my view on them.

Selling Cyanide is not same as legalizing death by Cyanide -- in much the same way selling Suicide kit is not same -- if you ask me. Judging from what seems to be contained in the kit, the items you can easily purchase from the corner store. So again I ask -- what is the problem you have with the kit? That it has the word "SUICIDE" associated with it? To be honest, people who want to commit suicide will commit it whether you like it or not --- a kit will not change their mind or make them more willing to do it. In much the same way that guns don't make people murderers or make them more likely to be murderers. Individuals, at the end of the day, will need to make decisions on whether they need these tools to express themselves or not.

Suicide was not created in America -- the first suicide in history was not even an american-- and has nothing to do with any one country. There are still many cultures around the world that consider Suicide an honorable way to go, some of them 'advanced' cultures too. I am not certain needing a kit to carry out this 'honorable' act by some in these places will be seen as an abomination or something . . . ROFLMAO!!

Anywho, lol . . . That you found this particular story does not in anyway mean this one invented the idea or is the only one on the world-wide web who is doing it. Trying to link this to a country is showing you are probably not really interested in the issue of suicides but in painting someone bad just for the heck of it, IMO.

Really? I don't think you are okay? Sometimes you make a whole lot of sense, sometimes you just post gibberish here. So the selling of killer kits makes sense to you? Hum, you are delusional you know?
Re: A Grandma Is Selling Suicide Kits Online (usa-land Of Weirdos) by Nweike190(m): 11:35am On Mar 15, 2021
Read and comprehend.. He ain't justifying suicide. Some cultures i.e Japanese suicide is a great way to show you are honorable... No one should justifying taking one life you can't create.

seanet02:
Really? I don't think you are okay? Sometimes you make a whole lot of sense, sometimes you just post gibberish here. So the selling of killer kits makes sense to you? Hum, you are delusional you know?

(1) (Reply)

Bomb In St Theresa Catholic Church Abuja On Christmas Day: Aljazera / Where are the 100 Buses Promised By The President As Parliative? / REVEALED!!!: Why Jonathan Fired Minister Of Youth Development Talatu Usman !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.