Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,031 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

TIN Registraion. They're Demanding 10k From Me. Please Advice - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / TIN Registraion. They're Demanding 10k From Me. Please Advice (275 Views)

How To Make 10k From Abeg App / How To Apply For A Tax Identification Number (TIN) In Nigeria / Make Up To 10k From Your 5h. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

TIN Registraion. They're Demanding 10k From Me. Please Advice by ibinaboonline: 1:19pm On Jun 04, 2021
Hi Nairalanders,
So, I'm in the process of opening a corporate bank account with a certain Nigerian bank using the certificate of business registration of my late father's old company. I have finished filling the forms and the bank staff said I have to provide a TIN as well. I'm fortunate to even have the original copy of the business registration certificate so I don't remember or have the company TIN. The bank staff assured me she could procure the TIN for me if I give her 2k. I did. I also gave her cash as opening balance but she said she will submit the account opening form as soon as the TIN is out. That was last week Thursday. Today, she just informed me that those registering the TIN are demanding 10k because the company I submitted is old. Precisely, my father's company was registered in 1975. Is someone trying to screw me? Can the fact that the company is old make TIN registration difficult? Please someone with experience should advice me.
Re: TIN Registraion. They're Demanding 10k From Me. Please Advice by SavageResponse(m): 12:23pm On Jun 15, 2021
ibinaboonline:
Hi Nairalanders,
So, I'm in the process of opening a corporate bank account with a certain Nigerian bank using the certificate of business registration of my late father's old company. I have finished filling the forms and the bank staff said I have to provide a TIN as well. I'm fortunate to even have the original copy of the business registration certificate so I don't remember or have the company TIN. The bank staff assured me she could procure the TIN for me if I give her 2k. I did. I also gave her cash as opening balance but she said she will submit the account opening form as soon as the TIN is out. That was last week Thursday. Today, she just informed me that those registering the TIN are demanding 10k because the company I submitted is old. Precisely, my father's company was registered in 1975. Is someone trying to screw me? Can the fact that the company is old make TIN registration difficult? Please someone with experience should advice me.

These days when you register a new company they automatically generate a TIN for you therefore the fact that thos company is old could present some challenges

By the way I hope you have considered some potential challenges that you may encounter if you decide to use your father's business viz

- You will need to provide a copy of the memo and articles of Association of the company and a copy of the Form CO7 which must show that you are a director in the company.

- If your father entered any contracts with this business name which has some contingency liabilities they may crystallise and become a liability for you.

- If the business has some outstanding debts or loans they automatically become yours

1 Like

Re: TIN Registraion. They're Demanding 10k From Me. Please Advice by ibinaboonline: 8:38pm On Jun 15, 2021
Thank you very much
Although your response is coming much later than I had anticipated, I'm glad for the pointers you provided. I managed to generate TIN for the old company but the bank eventually declined to use the company citing the same things you mentioned; the absence of my name as the company director, so I had to register a new company. The process is still ongoing as I type this.
SavageResponse:

These days when you register a new company they automatically generate a TIN for you therefore the fact that thos company is old could present some challenges

By the way I hope you have considered some potential challenges that you may encounter if you decide to use your father's business viz

- You will need to provide a copy of the memo and articles of Association of the company and a copy of the Form CO7 which must show that you are a director in the company.

- If your father entered any contracts with this business name which has some contingency liabilities they may crystallise and become a liability for you.

- If the business has some outstanding debts or loans they automatically become yours

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Request For Payoneer Card After Registration? / Buy From China From Yitoo App: Mannequine / 3 Major Aspects That The Kitchenotic Platform Covers For Your Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.