Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,560 members, 7,955,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:20 PM

Having Mixed Feelings Relocating - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Having Mixed Feelings Relocating (1464 Views)

UK-Based Nigerian Woman Relocating Back To Nigeria For "Better Quality Of Life" / Mixed Reaction Trail FG's Choice Of Ethiopian Airlines As National Carrier / Relocating To Ghana: Kumasi Or Accra Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by Cigarini: 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2021
Because of the insecurity and uncertainty surrounding our beloved country I have activated my plan B ( according to Pastor Adefarasin). I will be relocating to the UK in 2 weeks time to join my wife who works there already. I have prayed and dreamt of leaving this country to somewhere better. My Visa is out, all arrangements have been put in place. But am having mixed feelings because I will miss my Naija. I will miss the fun, my friends, my church, the day to day drama in Naija. etc. But on the other hand Wifey has a good job paying her over 2M after tax, she has found a temporal one for me also. , am I ok? Is the mixed feelings normal? I prayed , fasted and even gave seed offering for this project. Please advise a Bro. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by Bigdik70inch2(m): 2:47pm On Jun 04, 2021
Cigarini:
Because of the insecurity and uncertainty surrounding our beloved country I have activated my plan B ( according to Pastor Adefarasin). I will be relocating to the UK in 2 weeks time to join my wife who works there already. I have prayed and dreamt of leaving this country to somewhere better. My Visa is out, all arrangements have been put in place. But am having mixed feelings because I will miss my Naija. I will miss the fun, my friends, my church, the day to day drama in Naija. etc. But on the other hand Wifey has a good job paying her over 2M after tax, she has found a temporal one for me also. , am I ok? Is the mixed feelings normal? I prayed , fasted and even gave seed offering for this project. Please advise a Bro. Thank you.

Wow!!!
Wish u all the best my brother.........jux go there and hustle with wifey.........then u both can come settle in Nigeria later.........

Bros bless me Ooo abeg

1 Like

Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by Jashub: 2:47pm On Jun 04, 2021
My brother, as it stands, Nigeria is hot and there is no little or no certainty in the country. So you had better leave while you still have the chance and if things get better, you can come back. But for now o, run for your life. Peace
Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by etrange: 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2021
It perfectly okay. In fact, it's expected.

Prior to moving to Canada, I'd been travelling occasionally to other places, but the day I got to the airport to take my flight to Toronto, I felt a surge of emotions I didn't expect. When the plane took off and I looked down through the window, it became even more intense. I was living my family and friends behind. I was leaving the known for the unknown. I didn't know when next I'd see my people and in what state I'd see them. I didn't know anyone in Canada. I'd be alone, all by myself, and I didn't know what to expect. These feelings are natural. But then again, you're going to your wife. That's something that should brighten you up though you'd still miss home and might even have those first months of depressing thoughts most sole immigrants are aware of.

Good luck!

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by blueblood1(m): 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2021
Cigarini:

Its normal bro, and I'm sure it will wear off after a few weeks being with your family.

Look on the bright side, you can always come and visit from time to time. Its just 6 hours away!

All the best

5 Likes

Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by Bola146(f): 2:52pm On Jun 04, 2021
Congratulations bro grin I can't wait to japa too from this shit hole country undecided

1 Like

Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by opomulero(m): 2:52pm On Jun 04, 2021
Cigarini:

See ds baba o,
na ds kind thing lot's wife did o: thinkng 2ce.
u beta run or u fit borrow me dt ur visa first �
Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by Luchiano54: 3:07pm On Jun 04, 2021
It is abso normal. I experienced it when I left. You'll be fine after a while.
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by ednut1(m): 3:25pm On Jun 04, 2021
Uk is just 6 hours away from nigeria. You can be coming home every 2 weeks grin

3 Likes

Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by opomulero(m): 3:37pm On Jun 04, 2021
ednut1:
Uk is just 6 hours away from nigeria. You can be coming home every 2 weeks grin

correct ednut advice 1
Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by Evidenx(m): 3:57pm On Jun 04, 2021
E be like say village people don dey write letter to your feelings. U better leave this country... Congrats to you.

1 Like

Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by Cousin9999: 4:04pm On Jun 04, 2021
I wish you success and peace, bro. Don't worry. Those feelings will pass.
Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by Kandeed: 4:07pm On Jun 04, 2021
Cigarini:

Me to I've got opportunity to leave but when I weighed my odds my business boom n is more profitable more here than over there but the rate at which things dey go I've got no choice but to leave to. lemme just wait till after June 12th fest

4 Likes

Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by opomulero(m): 5:36pm On Jun 04, 2021
Evidenx:
E be like say village people don dey write letter to your feelings. U better leave this country... Congrats to you.

GBAM tell himmm oooo

1 Like

Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by flokii: 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2021
You'll meet lots of Nigerians there with plenty Nigerian foods for you to eat.. the distance and environment won't feel like home.

Since your papers are out already, carry on.. you can decide to relocate and startup a company back home in Naija after some time.

1 Like

Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by Originalsly: 8:47pm On Jun 04, 2021
Bro.... look at it as changing job. Not saying to forget about the ones you will be leaving behind.... but look forward to what is to come rather than be looking back. Consider yourself fortunate to have a wife already established .... you have absolutely nothing to worry about ... you will be landing on a bed of roses while soooo many others leave with high hopes and land in fields of thorns .... and after yearsss... can't find their way out. Enjoy your local foods and drinks while you can ..... they will have them over there... but trust me.... same name but will not taste the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by Karleb(m): 9:16pm On Jun 04, 2021
It's called Stockholm Syndrome. Look it up.

1 Like

Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by Abiliboi: 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2021
I can understand bru, but the fact remains that you're tired of Naija�. Abeg japaa majestically, go and experience good life. Pray for us here, either for good govt or Visa too to Japaa�. Inukwa!!
Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by Lexusgs430: 1:22am On Jun 05, 2021
What a waste of seed offering.... Religion is simply over hyped.......

Your pastor probably spent that seed on gulder and peppersoup........ cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by Cigarini: 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2021
Cigarini:

Thanks guys , I really appreciate
Re: Having Mixed Feelings Relocating by Focusmind: 5:12pm On Jun 09, 2021
I felt the same way when I was leaving in 2009 for masters program in UK. When I arrived, the place was so boring for me that I could not wait to return back to Nigeria. I stayed in UK for three years and when an opportunity came, through a job, for me to return back to Nigeria, I grabbed it and came back.

Since then, I have developed apathy towards living abroad and the feeling of leaving great family and friends behind weighs me down when any thought of relocation crosses my mind. This has made me not to be bothered about any relocation and I have completely focused on carving a life for myself and family here in Nigeria.

The only thing I did was to give my kids the opportunity of being born overseas. They have the so called foreign citizenship but they will remain with me here till they are off age to decide what suites them. Nigeria is bad, very bad but sometimes, certain things still makes me to still stay.

This is my own submission and I am in no way advocating that people should stay. Make your decision based on your own peculiar circumstances.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

My Canadian Visa Story / My Airline Of Choice Is: / Another Terrible Accident On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.