Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,753 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed (1015 Views)

No Persecution Of Christians In Nigeria: Lai Mohammed Replies US Senators / Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed / Lai Mohammed: NBC To License All Social Media Operations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by blackmantis: 6:48pm On Jun 04, 2021
Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, says the National Broadcasting Commission, will immediately commence the process of licensing all social media operations in Nigeria. The NBC is the regulator of all radio and television stations in Nigeria.

The minister announced this just as he said the Federal Government has also suspended micro-blogging platform, Twitter, which is popularly used by Nigerian youths, elite and the middle class.

The government’s action followed Twitter’s deletion of a ‘civil war’ post by the Nigerian President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), which the social media platform said violated its policies.

Other social media platforms used by Nigerians include Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, amongst others.

In a statement on Friday by the minister’s Special Assistant on Media, Segun Adeyemi, the minister said the measure is with immediate effect.

However, checks by our correspondent showed that Twitter is still up in Nigeria as of the time of filing this report as users still have access to the platform. The minister’s statement was also silent on the time that the ban would be enforced.

https://punchng.com/breaking-nbc-to-license-all-social-media-operations-in-nigeria-lai-mohammed/
Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by GorillaApp(m): 6:53pm On Jun 04, 2021
Useless folks in government
Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by Jump360: 6:53pm On Jun 04, 2021
Twitter and Facebook falls under Digital communications, do we place them under general communications and have them placed under NCC, or rather just setup a digital space agency and build a system from scratch

Anyways, una don dey turn China. Small small, you're getting there, United Arab, sorry, African Republic
Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by SMI2020: 6:53pm On Jun 04, 2021
Mr Lai, you lie...
Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by Jashub: 6:55pm On Jun 04, 2021
This government is truly scared of its own shadows.
Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by Gloriousbea: 6:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
I hate men
Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by kayClt(f): 6:57pm On Jun 04, 2021
And I just opened Twitter account. cry
Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by Ofunaofu: 6:57pm On Jun 04, 2021
grin
Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by budaatum: 7:00pm On Jun 04, 2021
They going to try to licence Nairaland?

Seun, hope you've considered moving us to where they can't get at us please. It would be a disaster for Nigeria if they can and do!
Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:02pm On Jun 04, 2021
I'm on Twitter right now and still fully operational

Lai Muhammed and his principal are jokers
Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by AntiBMC(m): 7:03pm On Jun 04, 2021
Ehyyahh...so in the end, BMC miscreants will lose their jobs. No more 30k monthly undecided ...una sorry o, ur forefathers played you.

This one has become a dictatorship and that's why, the country must divide. Cos push has now come to shove.

Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by FarahAideed: 7:03pm On Jun 04, 2021
NaijaRoyalty:
I'm on Twitter right now and still fully operational

Lai Muhammed and his principal are jokers

By tomorrow networks will cut you off to avoid fine
Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 04, 2021
Ummm!
Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by Tinubuadvocate: 7:05pm On Jun 04, 2021
Very good social media must be regulated enough of this fake news.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:08pm On Jun 04, 2021
FarahAideed:

By tomorrow networks will cut you off to avoid fine
Ever heard of the word, VPN?
Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by limeta(f): 7:09pm On Jun 04, 2021
Apc you ve two years left
You going to prison
All your properties will be burnt down
Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by temptnow: 7:10pm On Jun 04, 2021
I've been using this free VPN for over 4 years now for my hacked Spotify.

So Liar's Mohammed threat is empty to me

Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by FarahAideed: 7:10pm On Jun 04, 2021
NaijaRoyalty:

Ever heard of the word, VPN?

I should teach you about VPN , most people can't afford a good VPN service so leave that thing
Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by GreyLaw(m): 7:11pm On Jun 04, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Very good social media must be regulated enough of this fake news.

If you have any drop of sense left in your brain, you should know that as a supporter of a presidential candidate your public messages should reflect love and concern for the masses.

I hope Tinubu won't use people like you to run his campaign, else he'll lose. He should get smart people to boost his chances!
Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by GreyLaw(m): 7:12pm On Jun 04, 2021
FarahAideed:

I should teach you about VPN , most people can't afford a good VPN service so leave that thing

Good, free VPNs abound!
Re: BREAKING: NBC To License All Social Media ‘operations’ In Nigeria –lai Mohammed by FarahAideed: 7:14pm On Jun 04, 2021
GreyLaw:

Good, free VPNs abound!

Yes I heard windscribe is nice

(1) (Reply)

NADECO Sends SOS ( Save Our Souls) To UN Over Buhari’s Government. / The Scam Called Fuel Subsidy Removal / Breaking!! The Provinces Of The Ijaw Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.