Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Lord Lugard’s Assessment Of The Hausa, Igbos & The Yorubas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lord Lugard’s Assessment Of The Hausa, Igbos & The Yorubas (867 Views)

Lord Lugard Footbridge Kaduna: 116 Years After (Photos, Video) / Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins / Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lord Lugard’s Assessment Of The Hausa, Igbos & The Yorubas by omoharry(f): 10:32pm On Jun 04, 2021
Lord Lugard was born in 1858 in Madras, India, as missionary parents. He was a British soldier, also an explorer. He was the first governor of Southern Nigeria, in 1912-1914, the first high commissioner, and last governor of Northern Nigeria.
He wrote a letter to Walter H. Lang in 1918, which involves the attitude of the three great tribes in Nigeria, and I quote:

After spending the best part of my life in Africa, my goal was to improve the people I was ready to give my life to.
“Look what Mr Lugard says about Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba that seems to be.”

Hausa; He is a fatalist, spent (spending money excessively) and a gambler. He is seriously immoral and seriously ill. He is a threat to any community he finds, he has no ambitions.

Igbo; They are fiercely rebellious without any authority. They are very zealous and very religious. They can be very dangerous to be trusted.

Yoruba: I can freely say that Westerners are the lowest, very moral and very unfaithful people. This is best evoked by self-seeking motives of people I met during my stay.

Lugard was married to Flora Shaw, a British journalist and writer. She was named Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lord Lugard’s Assessment Of The Hausa, Igbos & The Yorubas by Ryda(m): 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2021
angry
Re: Lord Lugard’s Assessment Of The Hausa, Igbos & The Yorubas by SmartProf(m): 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2021
Pls don't remind us of this man...his decision to amalgamate the north and south in 1914 has proven terrible till date. Lord Lugard should only be remembered when anyone is looking for a reason to regret.

1 Like

Re: Lord Lugard’s Assessment Of The Hausa, Igbos & The Yorubas by Mixedfruit: 10:39pm On Jun 04, 2021
following
Re: Lord Lugard’s Assessment Of The Hausa, Igbos & The Yorubas by Positivepoint(m): 10:40pm On Jun 04, 2021
omoharry:
Lord Lugard was born in 1858 in Madras, India, as missionary parents. He was a British soldier, also an explorer. He was the first governor of Southern Nigeria, in 1912-1914, the first high commissioner, and last governor of Northern Nigeria.
He wrote a letter to Walter H. Lang in 1918, which involves the attitude of the three great tribes in Nigeria, and I quote:

After spending the best part of my life in Africa, my goal was to improve the people I was ready to give my life to.

Hausa; He is a fatalist, spent (spending money excessively) and a gambler. He is seriously immoral and seriously ill. He is a threat to any community he finds, he has no ambitions.

Igbo; They are fiercely rebellious without any authority. They are very zealous and very religious. They can be very dangerous to be trusted.

Yoruba: I can freely say that Westerners are the lowest, very moral and very unfaithful people. This is best evoked by self-seeking motives of people I met during my stay.

Lugard was married to Flora Shaw, a British journalist and writer. She was named Nigeria.

Well in ur lying dreams coz u don't even have the morality to back up ur lies with even a fake link. What a fool, well I heard ur forefathers where fools too.

5 Likes

Re: Lord Lugard’s Assessment Of The Hausa, Igbos & The Yorubas by SMI2020: 10:43pm On Jun 04, 2021
Soo with all d bismabisma going on, u took ur time to come up with this fiction
Re: Lord Lugard’s Assessment Of The Hausa, Igbos & The Yorubas by omoharry(f): 10:47pm On Jun 04, 2021
Positivepoint:

Well in ur lying dreams coz u don't even have the morality to back up ur lies with even a fake link. What a fool, well I heard ur forefathers where fools too.
Na lord Lugard talk am oo! Why you kon Dey attack me na? grin >: grin grin grin
Re: Lord Lugard’s Assessment Of The Hausa, Igbos & The Yorubas by Positivepoint(m): 11:01pm On Jun 04, 2021
omoharry:
Na lord Lugard talk am oo! Why you kon Dey attack me na? grin >: grin grin grin

I attack u coz u re a simple low life lier.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lord Lugard’s Assessment Of The Hausa, Igbos & The Yorubas by omoharry(f): 11:04pm On Jun 04, 2021
Positivepoint:

I attack u coz u re a simple low life lier.
grin grin grin grin grin . He really said it oo! I will send you the link .
Re: Lord Lugard’s Assessment Of The Hausa, Igbos & The Yorubas by fozapi(m): 11:23pm On Jun 04, 2021
lord lugard was kinda correct
Re: Lord Lugard’s Assessment Of The Hausa, Igbos & The Yorubas by Christistruth00: 11:24pm On Jun 04, 2021
Please link Source
Re: Lord Lugard’s Assessment Of The Hausa, Igbos & The Yorubas by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 04, 2021
omoharry:

The same animal Lugard who loaded you into the same cell with these Hausa Fulani morons

Yet you still worship his opinion

Only one word for you: FOOL
Re: Lord Lugard’s Assessment Of The Hausa, Igbos & The Yorubas by ablejesus26(m): 11:25pm On Jun 04, 2021
Why I will choose not to believe this,is because there is a major trait every Igboman has that can not be hidden,and that trait is not mentioned.
Every Igboman you see out there be it rich or poor is futuristically purpose driven.
An Igboman is little concerned about wat today is talking about,his mind is very fixed on what tomorrow should be.
Re: Lord Lugard’s Assessment Of The Hausa, Igbos & The Yorubas by valarmorghulis: 11:39pm On Jun 04, 2021
omoharry:

Yea, because yoruba people refused to suck his ball, he described us as unfaithful, why should anyone be faithful to colonial thieves who came to steal u
their resources?

(1) (Reply)

Bandits Are Foreigners Hired To Cause Problems For Us - Governor Sani Bello / Finland-based Nigerian-finnish Citizen, Simon Ekpa Takes Over From Nnamdi Kanu. / Twitter, Facebook: IPOB To Launch Biafra Social Media Platform – Simon Ekpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.