Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Is The Average Nigerian A Religious/ethnic Bigot? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Average Nigerian A Religious/ethnic Bigot? (576 Views)

The North Acted Out A Religious,ethnic Script By Voting Out Jonathan - Yakassai / How Come Only Northern Political Leaders Talk About 'religious/ethnic Unity'? / The Best Slution To Religious & Ethnic Violence So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Average Nigerian A Religious/ethnic Bigot? by beejaei: 11:55pm On May 02, 2011
Since I started monitoring activities on nairaland, I have observed with shock and disappointment the alarming number of posts and replies that demean, with very acerbic words, one religion or ethnic group or the other. Having lived in Lagos for almost 20 years, I must say I never observed this character in Nigerians I came by. I was always proud of the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos that ensured that I could meet anyone form any part of Nigeria in Lagos and not feel like that person does not belong in Lagos. Indeed, one of the defining qualities of Lagos is the fact that it is highly diversified. Even if ethnic and religious bigotry existed, it was usually semi-jocular and not as acidic as the ones I see here. So I ask, is the average nigerian an ethnic/religious bigot or are people just posing for what they are not on NL just for the fun of it?
Re: Is The Average Nigerian A Religious/ethnic Bigot? by Kobojunkie: 11:58pm On May 02, 2011
Is there like an annual "MUST CREATE ANOTHER THREAD ON THE SAME ISSUE/SUBJECT" for you or something?  undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is The Average Nigerian A Religious/ethnic Bigot? by Nobody: 11:58pm On May 02, 2011
Oh just shut up and continue with this thread you recently created: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-658737.0.html#msg8248004

Olodo rabatarabata. mtcheww.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian A Religious/ethnic Bigot? by Kobojunkie: 12:00am On May 03, 2011
ROFLMAO!!! I thought I was the only one who noticed . . .

Re: Is The Average Nigerian A Religious/ethnic Bigot? by beejaei: 12:08am On May 03, 2011
Are u guys are stupid? Where i sabi una before? dem send u to me from my village? tell dem sey u no see me? oloshi. ediot.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian A Religious/ethnic Bigot? by Kobojunkie: 12:16am On May 03, 2011
ROFLMAO!!! He even knows how to insult his own self . . .

Re: Is The Average Nigerian A Religious/ethnic Bigot? by beejaei: 12:57am On May 03, 2011
what is going on? i am confused.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian A Religious/ethnic Bigot? by Odunnu: 2:58am On May 03, 2011
beejaei:

Are u guys are silly? Where i sabi una before? dem send u to me from my village? tell dem sey u no see me? oloshi. ediot.
Lol. 'Confuse ga du ma'

(1) (Reply)

2 Kids Found Dead In Mother's Freezer / I Warned My Igbo Brothers Against Jonathan! / As Gej Crashed The Price Of Cement, Let Him Also Crash Call Tarrif: Wat Do U Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.