Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Emefiele: Nigeria To Save $3 Billion From Petroleum Imports Annually - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emefiele: Nigeria To Save $3 Billion From Petroleum Imports Annually (10263 Views)

How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat / Resource Control: Apart From Petroleum, Does The FG Control Some Other Resources / Emefiele: Nigeria Under Buhari Has Defeated Ethnic And Religious Bigotry – Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emefiele: Nigeria To Save $3 Billion From Petroleum Imports Annually by gulfer: 2:58pm On Jun 05, 2021
Government of equal TO do this and that angry angry angry
Re: Emefiele: Nigeria To Save $3 Billion From Petroleum Imports Annually by UnabashedIPOB: 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2021
The ZOO as always is catering ONLY to the self aggrandizing interest of the FULANI TERRORISTS. What a shame! Citizens of all ethnic nationalities in the ZOO are working their hardest to PROMOTE, PROTECT and PRESERVE the interest of the FULANIS to the detriment of the interest of all other ethnic nationalities. GOOD luck to all you UNITY beggars!
Re: Emefiele: Nigeria To Save $3 Billion From Petroleum Imports Annually by Yankee101: 3:50pm On Jun 05, 2021
And give it all to dangote
Re: Emefiele: Nigeria To Save $3 Billion From Petroleum Imports Annually by grandstar(m): 4:46pm On Jun 05, 2021
Dangote's multi-billion dollar factory has been overhyped by both the government and people.

OK, it will "save" us $3bn yearly. It will help us "conserve" $3bn yearly.

Let's assume Nigeria imports $60bn worth of goods this year. Does that mean next year when the refinery is fully operational, the country's imports will fall to $57bn?

I won't be surprised if it's still $60bn or even higher.

It's only in Nigeria we seem to use the terms save or conserve foreign exchange. The proper term is to reduce the pressure on the currency or foreign reserve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele: Nigeria To Save $3 Billion From Petroleum Imports Annually by Gfskw: 5:08pm On Jun 05, 2021
Oh
Re: Emefiele: Nigeria To Save $3 Billion From Petroleum Imports Annually by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:29am On Jun 06, 2021
pineed:

You're the confused and clueluess one bro!

CBN as the Nation's Banker is responsible for paying for the Nation's import, which covers petroleum, raw materials, etc.

Since when Mr lecturer? Since he is also talking about security, guess he is also the one approving and buying us weapons to fight insecurity in the country.

Mind you don't insult someone you haven't met or even knew online, learn to convey tour opposing views or comments in a straight forward way....you dey call me bro, I fit even be your papa sef!
Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Releases ₦2.5 Billion For Deplorable Eleme-One Section Of East West Road / Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me / 2023: 100 Bishops Announce Prayer For Yahaya Bello At Unity Fountain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.