Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,740 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Another Nairalander's Take On Twitter BAN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Nairalander's Take On Twitter BAN (1047 Views)

A Nairalander take on #Twitter Ban: President Buhari Goofed On The Twitter Ban / When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? / Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Nairalander's Take On Twitter BAN by IfGodbeforus(m): 11:11am On Jun 05, 2021
[s]
seunmsg:
Like I said yesterday, we are watching big techs become a monster without knowing it. Government should regulate private companies and not the other way round.

If some of you can’t see the danger in allowing a foreign tech company the powers to censor the speech of an elected president at will, then there really is a problem. Funny enough, the same platform has been doing everything to promote a terrorist organization that intends to disintegrate Nigeria.

This is not about Buhari but about the corporate existence of Nigeria. I don’t support the ban but I’m also against the censorship of the speech of the president. National governments should never be allowed to be at the mercy of foreign tech companies.
[/s]

When President Trump was ban you were one of those celebrating to the high heavens. Be reasonable. Think outside the box.
Re: Another Nairalander's Take On Twitter BAN by Golan007: 5:18pm On Jun 05, 2021
seunmsg:

Personally, I expressed my concerns over allowing Twitter such powers. It is an aberration. China has completely banned Twitter. India is about to follow suit. Gradually, world leaders will come together and put these tech companies where they belong. It is just a matter of time.

In USA now, various jurisdictions are seeking legislation to handle big tech in ways they believe align with their objectives.

1 Like

Re: Another Nairalander's Take On Twitter BAN by truthfulparrot(m): 5:56pm On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:
Nigerians are about 200 Million people, and twitterNG has just about 2 million people, so you don't expect a president who swore to protect the corporate existence of Nigeria, to allow a platform that clearly supports the balkanization of the country to remain in operation..

IPOB has been designated a terrorists organisation by the FG and also pronounced by different courts of law in Nigeria, why twitter still give them audience and it's platform to threaten harm to the residents of the country?

Can twitter do that in America, or Europe?
Why can't they respect the laws of the country they operate in?

Twitter must respect the sovereign integrity of nations wherein they operate.

If a government had designated a group as a terrorist group, Twitter has no justification to allow such groups to propagate their rhetoric via their platform.

Respect Africa!

Good-bye Twitter..

lalasticlala Mynd44 ...let's balance it out...
Kanu Nnamdi is in UK and walking freely despite the fact that he was declared wanted in. Nigeria. Kanu is also operating radio Biafra from UK. What does that tell you? The UK and Europe is giving tacit support to IPOB. Do you know why? The world is tired of PMB's obviously Nepotism and obvious hatred for the Igbo. I am not Igbo, but PMB's behaviour is making the world to sympathize with the Igbos.
Re: Another Nairalander's Take On Twitter BAN by ba7man(m): 6:02pm On Jun 05, 2021
I.P.O.B : Igbo Pests Of Biafra.
Re: Another Nairalander's Take On Twitter BAN by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 05, 2021
truthfulparrot:
Kanu Nnamdi is in UK and walking freely despite the fact that he was declared wanted in. Nigeria. Kanu is also operating radio Biafra from UK. What does that tell you? The UK and Europe is giving tacit support to IPOB. Do you know why? The world is tired of PMB's obviously Nepotism and obvious hatred for the Igbo. I am not Igbo, but PMB's behaviour is making the world to sympathize with the Igbos.
Let the world mourn for the Igbos. That's what they do when there's a crack in the wall of any country. They try to force their way into the situation, take advantage of it and exploit the nation. They've done it everywhere there's a crisis.

This was how they began with Jonathan so no big deal anywhere.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Persecution By Buhari Regime: Setting The Records Straight – Sunday Igboho / Fleeing Gloria Osei, Husband Procure Dominican Passports Amid Interpol Manhunt / FACT CHECK: Did Uzodinma Say APC Will Challenge Anambra Guber At Supreme Court?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.