Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa (21115 Views)

Tundun Abiola Blasts Sister, Hafsat, Over Yahaya Bello (Video) / EFCC Arrests Hafsat Ganduje, Wife Of The Governor Of Kano / Hafsat Ganduje Shuns EFCC Invitation Over Alleged Fraud Reported By Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by HonNL: 9:46am On Jun 05, 2021
The wife of Kano State Governor Dr Hafsat Abdullahi Umar Ganduje is planning to contest for Senate in Jigawa North East Senatorial District.

A source close to the first lady confirmed this to POLITICS DIGEST that the University Lecturer who hails from Malam Madori in Jigawa State is planning for the contest.

The source said that plans ahead of the aspiration of Dr Hafsat have gone far as she started consultation with stakeholders, youth, women groups and civil society organisations in the area.

“It is true that Goggo is aspiring for the senate position only that she didn’t reveal it to the public but she will do so in the soonest i know”. A source who confided anonymity to this paper said.

The first lady have been supporting the area with projects, distribution of writing materials to students and drilling of boreholes.

Another indication that she has a political interest in the senatorial district, this paper learnt.

Some of Dr Hafsat Ganduje projects in her hometown in Jigawa
It would be recalled that during the revalidation exercise of APC membership, Dr Hafsat Ganduje popularly known as Goggo participated in the exercise in her hometown of Malam Madori not in Kano even though the presentation of her membership card was done at Kano by party officials who came all the way from Jigawa to Kano Government House.

Dr Hafsat Ganduje after revalidating her membership of APC
Hafsat Ganduje is one of the powerful first ladies in the country, she decides like a governor in the state, she orders for appointment and sack of political appointees that are not loyal to her.

Her active involvement in government activities in Kano has been condemned by activists and politicians in the state.

She is to contest against the incumbent Senator from the area Barr. Ibrahim Hassan Hadeija, a two term Deputy Governor in the state.

Barr. Ibrahim Hassan Hadeija, the Senator representing Jigawa North- West
POLITICS DIGEST reliably gathered that some family members of Ganduje will contest in 2023 election in order to become politically relevant after leaving Kano Government House.

While Hafsat Ganduje(Goggo) is going for Senate in Jigawa her home state, Abba Ganduje, the 4th son of the family is going for House of Representatives in Dawakin-Tofa, Tofa and Rimingado Federal Constituency in Kano.

Though, there was a clash between Abba and Abdulaziz his brother who also plans to contest for the seat, this paper learnt that Abdulaziz was asked to contest for such seat in Nassarawa Constituency where he is residing by the father.

Balaraba Ganduje who is at loggerhead with her siblings and parents few months to election may contest for House of Representatives in Nasarawa Constituency and her father the incumbent governor Abdullahi Ganduje is going for Senate in Kano North.

Balaraba who plays a significant role in her father’s first term was kept aside because of some family issues and Amina Ganduje her sister, a medical practitioner started to play the role of Balaraba in his second term.

Dr Amina Ganduje is behind the appointment of two commissioners in her father’s cabinet, Dr Kabiru Ibrahim Getso who is the Commissioner for Environment, Dr Aminu Ibrahim Tsanyawa who is the Commissioner for Health and the Director General of the State Agency for the Control of Aids Dr Yushau Sabitu Shanono.

She is seen as the most powerful in this government after her mother even though she’s currently having a battle with her brother Abba Ganduje, the young man that’s behind the emergence of more than ten local government Chairmen in Kano.

SOURCE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by NaijaProxyBase: 9:50am On Jun 05, 2021
Thieve.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by InaNla(f): 9:50am On Jun 05, 2021
Amazing!

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by Elock1: 9:50am On Jun 05, 2021
sad
Shebi naija na family business
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Oga make sure you type sensible thing oh

10 Likes

Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by FalseProphet1(m): 9:51am On Jun 05, 2021
I see her loosing miserably.

This I have seen.

11 Likes

Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by Mayour11(m): 9:51am On Jun 05, 2021
And the cycle continues...

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by NwaAmaikpe: 9:51am On Jun 05, 2021
shocked

That's the spirit.
If Remi Tinubu can do it, why can't Hafsat Ganduje do it?

Power is best managed if it is recycled amongst people who are not new to power says the master and the zombies yell, amen, ruin us however you want!!!

Please join me in canvassing for Tinubu for 2023 so we can have an icing on this next level hardship.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by Factfinder1(m): 9:51am On Jun 05, 2021
There wont be elections in 2023
Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by oluwaseyi0: 9:52am On Jun 05, 2021
Seems Ganduje wants to be like Tinubu, no wonder they've been frolicking each other

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by oluwasegun007(m): 9:52am On Jun 05, 2021
Na see finish be all this one...
Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by Eriokanmi: 9:52am On Jun 05, 2021
Like wife, like husband. I wonder if she's a director in a multinational company or whether she owned an ordinary pure water factory before her husband became deputy governor and later governor. They'd soon come and be telling us stories of how rich her father was and how much money he willed for her before he died blablabla and gullible youths would take it hook, line and sinker

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by Luckydubby7(m): 9:52am On Jun 05, 2021
And they want us to continue like this.
Some hungry looking fellow here will keep supporting and praising them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by Mexzy4sho(m): 9:53am On Jun 05, 2021
Nigeria now na family business.... How people still queue up to vote unqualified people baffles me everyday.

Nigeria problems are not spiritual, they are supernatural.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by seunsiju(m): 9:53am On Jun 05, 2021
Best thing Gandollar after Buahri
Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by princechurchill(m): 9:53am On Jun 05, 2021
Thief
Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by Coldshisha: 9:53am On Jun 05, 2021
Why not, she's qualified
Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by BruncleZuma: 9:54am On Jun 05, 2021
She will win, this is not news.
Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 05, 2021
None of my business.
Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by Benki003(m): 9:54am On Jun 05, 2021
The future Is female ; ;DD
Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by SportsHD: 9:55am On Jun 05, 2021
Omo, e be like borehole na the new meaning of infrastructure development.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by nonhuman(m): 9:55am On Jun 05, 2021
Aboki people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by 9jaRealist: 9:55am On Jun 05, 2021
HonNL:

Some of Dr Hafsat Ganduje projects in her hometown in Jigawa

Dr Hafsat Ganduje after revalidating her membership of APC

Barr. Ibrahim Hassan Hadeija, the Senator representing Jigawa North- West

SOURCE

The Gan-dullards…smh angry
>

1 Like

Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:56am On Jun 05, 2021
Babaringa dollar stuffing criminal want to be another Okoroawusa and Tinubu. APC and greed is inseparable

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by Ruggedniggaone: 9:56am On Jun 05, 2021
Her husband has stolen enough of money to fund her campaign,BARAWO BANSA
Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by fourboys: 9:56am On Jun 05, 2021
I swear na Fulani own Nigeria... But thank God for Biafra and Odua wink smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by Umsworld: 9:57am On Jun 05, 2021
I now my head in tears cry
Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by Crunchyg2: 9:57am On Jun 05, 2021
That is a good and brave move by Hafsat, it shows she is a good woman who has the interest of Kano people at heart. Not just Kano people but her family too. Because it's time for the family to start enjoying double streams of dollars, one coming from her husband's agbada on camera while her's coming from Ghana must go . With all these dollars, Kano can use them to rid off amajeris from the streets of Kano and reduce the influx of the amount of beggers that come down south
Re: 2023: Kano First Lady, Hafsat Ganduje Plans To Contest For Senate In Jigawa by MrBanner(m): 9:57am On Jun 05, 2021
JosephwaleGod:
Someone should please help me with any amount to eat I'm hungry I need food and if you have job too to offer for me to sustain I ll also appreciate please am hungry thanks and God bless 65. 55. 38. 64. 14 Joseph Wale Fidelity Bank

Seun Mynd44 Mukina2 Lalasticlala Oam4j Justwise Rocktation

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Calling Buhari Major General Is Abuse Of Press Freedom - Lai Mohammed / Obasanjo Is A Disgrace To Nigeria – Nabena, APC National Publicity Secretary / Patience Jonathan Sick Again In Europe For Treatment - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.