Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Twitter Ban: I’m Not Surprised At Buhari’s Behaviour — Wole Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Ban: I’m Not Surprised At Buhari’s Behaviour — Wole Soyinka (289 Views)

Why Service Chiefs Were At Buhari’s 2019 Next Level Campaign Launch – Presidency / Not Torn: A Closer Look At Buhari's Chair Shows Flower Designs / Saraki Looking At Buhari At APC Convention This Way Again (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Ban: I’m Not Surprised At Buhari’s Behaviour — Wole Soyinka by Drinokrane: 10:32am On Jun 05, 2021
Nobel laureate Prof Wole Soyinka says he is not surprised President Muhammadu Buhari suspended Twitter operations in Nigeria, Igbere TV reports.

Minister of information and culture Lai Mohammed had in a statement on Friday cited the “persistent use of the platform for activities that are capable of undermining Nigeria’s corporate existence” as reason behind the suspension.

The move is considered as reprisal following the removal of Buhari’s tweet in reference to the Nigerian civil war of 1967-70 on Tuesday. Twitter said the tweet violated its policies.

Lending his voice to the outrage that has greeted the suspension, Soyinka said in a statement on Friday night,
“Kindly add my total lack of surprise at this petulant gesture, unbecoming of a democratically elected president. If Buhari has a problem with Twitter, he is advised to sort it out between them personally, the way Donald Trump did, not rope in the right to free expression of the Nigerian citizen as collateral damage.”

The renowned playwright and poet added that he expects Nigerians to find a way around it.

“In any case, this is a technical problem Nigerians should be able to work their way around. The field of free expression remains wide open, free of any dictatorial spasms,” he concluded.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3526220980812738&id=100002746137154

Lalasticlala

Re: Twitter Ban: I’m Not Surprised At Buhari’s Behaviour — Wole Soyinka by harmargedon: 10:34am On Jun 05, 2021
Re: Twitter Ban: I’m Not Surprised At Buhari’s Behaviour — Wole Soyinka by InaNla(f): 10:34am On Jun 05, 2021
We know!
Re: Twitter Ban: I’m Not Surprised At Buhari’s Behaviour — Wole Soyinka by DDDEnterprises: 10:36am On Jun 05, 2021
I'm not surprised too. i even suggested it before
Re: Twitter Ban: I’m Not Surprised At Buhari’s Behaviour — Wole Soyinka by Amotolongbo(f): 10:38am On Jun 05, 2021
Baba Soyinka still dey blow vocabularies.

You speak simple English, Bubu never hear and understand am, you con dey blow grammar.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: I’m Not Surprised At Buhari’s Behaviour — Wole Soyinka by Xpol: 10:39am On Jun 05, 2021
I’m a Nigerian but I don’t understand Nigerians I’m 100% sure that if the constitution permits even with the way things are currently Buhari will contest for 3rd term and still wins massively

Our rants remain and die online. When election comes we’ll still vote base on tribe, religion and political party
Re: Twitter Ban: I’m Not Surprised At Buhari’s Behaviour — Wole Soyinka by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:39am On Jun 05, 2021
You're not surprised and you supported him in 2015 and 2019 elections

Dumb leaders
Re: Twitter Ban: I’m Not Surprised At Buhari’s Behaviour — Wole Soyinka by colorsofrainbow: 10:39am On Jun 05, 2021
Buhari just made more enemies.
As Facebook don delete em comment too,we are waiting for him to ban Facebook too...
Please APC miscreants,this is the time for you to advise him to ban Facebook too grin
Re: Twitter Ban: I’m Not Surprised At Buhari’s Behaviour — Wole Soyinka by Luigi03(m): 10:40am On Jun 05, 2021
No one is surprised Egbon. Meanwhile we can expect even worse moves from the cow the Yorubas elected for us
Re: Twitter Ban: I’m Not Surprised At Buhari’s Behaviour — Wole Soyinka by Duru9(m): 10:40am On Jun 05, 2021
With all due respect sir

You're among those that supported this dunce we've as president

Gidifok sir

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: I’m Not Surprised At Buhari’s Behaviour — Wole Soyinka by Abfinest007(m): 10:41am On Jun 05, 2021
Too bad but old man you supported him 2015
Re: Twitter Ban: I’m Not Surprised At Buhari’s Behaviour — Wole Soyinka by Lamastaking: 10:43am On Jun 05, 2021
who has Nairabit one bad old naija vpn i need that sh*t now
Re: Twitter Ban: I’m Not Surprised At Buhari’s Behaviour — Wole Soyinka by reyscrub(m): 10:44am On Jun 05, 2021
Eggactly. Thank you Prof.

Even now, Twitter ban in Nigeria has made it possible for me to be in Nigeria and be tweeting from Canada with VPN changing my location and tackling this focusless government.

Kindly visit your playstore and download winscribe VPN, on it and change your location to any country, that's all, we move

(1) (Reply)

Sen Effiong Bob: The Lion Of Akwa Ibom Politics / More Aircraft Enroute Uyo For Ibom Air- Gov Emmanuel / Nigeria Is On Oxygen Support Under The Buhari Govt, Wike Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.