Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,660 members, 7,958,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:57 AM

Who Can Identify This? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Who Can Identify This? (717 Views)

Who Can Identify This Fish / Who Can Identify This Berry Plant / Please Help Me Identify This Bird (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Identify This? by Muzil: 12:11pm On Jun 05, 2021
Good day house.
I decided to plant something on the space available in front of my house. I took a sucker from a neighbor's house and transplanted it in mine. So to the issue that made me create this thread :
I am not able to identify if it is a plantain sucker or a banana sucker.
So who can identify the sucker?

Re: Who Can Identify This? by Muzil: 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2021
The corn plants you see beside it was planted by our Hausa tenant

Re: Who Can Identify This? by Muzil: 12:15pm On Jun 05, 2021
Gjjjk

Re: Who Can Identify This? by Muzil: 5:29pm On Jun 05, 2021
I need answers pls
Re: Who Can Identify This? by akinvest(m): 7:00pm On Jun 05, 2021
That's plantain for you my friend!

1 Like

Re: Who Can Identify This? by Muzil: 7:12pm On Jun 05, 2021
akinvest
Thanks for responding sir but please can you clarify me more on how to differentiate between a plantain tree and that of a banana.
It has been a question baffling me and most of my SS1 classmates
Re: Who Can Identify This? by Muzil: 7:14pm On Jun 05, 2021
akinvest:
That's plantain for you my friend!
Thanks for responding sir but please can you clarify me more on how to differentiate between a plantain tree and that of a banana.

Re: Who Can Identify This? by Muzil: 11:32am On Jun 06, 2021
akinvest
Re: Who Can Identify This? by Muzil: 11:33am On Jun 06, 2021
Guys please reply
Re: Who Can Identify This? by Muzil: 6:46pm On Jun 06, 2021
Hello
Re: Who Can Identify This? by IamAsiri: 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2021
Actually you can google it. I want to believe that you will more tips from there.
Re: Who Can Identify This? by Muzil: 6:41pm On Jun 07, 2021
IamAsiri:
Actually you can google it. I want to believe that you will more tips from there.
Thanks for replying bro
Re: Who Can Identify This? by Muzil: 6:42pm On Jun 07, 2021
I just felt like getting the answer from real-time farmers
Re: Who Can Identify This? by akinvest(m): 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2021
Muzil:

it's something practical not theory, I can easily tell you difference between banana tree and plantain � tree when we're in the farm together.
Thanks
Re: Who Can Identify This? by Earthstorms(m): 10:25pm On Jul 13, 2021
Muzil:

That is a plantain.

You can differentiate plantain from banana by looking at the leaves.

Where the leaves meet the trunk, banana has whitish green hue while plantain has a yellowish green hue. It is very subtle but look out for the difference and you will notice it.

(1) (Reply)

The Palm Oil Market Is Not Your Mate. It Is Not Begging You. / My Little Tomato Farm In The House / N500,000 Or N1million :how Much Interest: If You Are Not Farming :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.