Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! (2772 Views)

I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! / Kalu: Trace Bandits' Funding Sources Same Way You Did With EndSARS Protesters / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 5:55pm On Jun 05, 2021
Good evening fam,

A Nairalander unfortunately just stumbled on my old thread after being scammed of his hard earned money of #176k!!!! All his savings!!! Nothing left!!!

I’m not here soliciting for help on his behalf, as I don’t want insults but to educate more people out there.
Fine, you might think you are smart and all..honestly, I thought so too and I would have been 100% sure I could never be scammed but I fell foolishly!!!

He had issues with his UBA USSD and messaged them on Twitter just like I did and got a reply from a scammer who tricked him into sending all his personal details and next thing...zoom! Money gone and he got blocked!!!!

This awareness is important because many might still fall for this scam!!!!

Tell everyone you know, don’t say you are Smart...maybe you are, but your family and friends might still fall!!!

To every scammer out there, God is watching YOU!!! This young man is completely depressed but you must have obviously rubbished his hard earned money on useless and foolish things!

Scammers, no one will save you when God’s wrath befall on you guys! You will cry blood and no one will answer you.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 5:59pm On Jun 05, 2021
I feel so angry really! No one should go through this!!!

Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 6:01pm On Jun 05, 2021
09121072977‬

Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 6:04pm On Jun 05, 2021
It’s quite unfortunate as I can’t even imagine this! Mine was 29k and I was almost acting like a drunkard, let’s not talk about 176k and the only money left with him is #356 Naira! Like seriously What sort or rubbish is this How can you scam someone without thinking of how he or she would survive after that?

And they will come here to insult the government! Mehn!!!! I’m so pissed!!!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by MJBOLT: 6:05pm On Jun 05, 2021
you better tell him to deactivate his ATM card immediately

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 6:09pm On Jun 05, 2021
MJBOLT:
you better tell him to deactivate his ATM card immediately
Yes he has blocked his account. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Ammishaddai: 6:18pm On Jun 05, 2021
Why not go to the bank and lodge this complain and from there try and see the police to report that matter. Because as it stands, this scammer still relies on his lines to carry out his operations and the sooner you track him the better it will be
Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by yanabasee1(m): 6:30pm On Jun 05, 2021
The first time I got scammed was during the immigration recruitment with the stampede...after it was suspended...

I saw someone on Facebook that said he could help...I foolishly got the person's number and began to chat the person...

He demanded for money to help me get an invitation letter... which I did... Gave him 50k. It wasn't my money tho and I still borrowed to travel from the South to Abuja after the date fixed on the letter was cancelled and he kept asking me to hold on... So I decided to go there against his will...Moment I got to Abuja and informed him I was there...he blocked my line. Located the HQ and showed them the letter and they explained to me that it was a scam and one officer even threatened to arrest me for paying money to get a job....

By the time I returned home ...and settled the credit... I was depressed and cried after the hopes I gave my gf that year

Bottom line is.... Be careful, it's 21st century.... be smart!!

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 6:45pm On Jun 05, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Why not go to the bank and lodge this complain and from there try and see the police to report that matter. Because as it stands, this scammer still relies on his lines to carry out his operations and the sooner you track him the better it will be
Unfortunately the bank might not help him as they never did with mine, not like I was expecting any help from them though. They claimed with another victim that the scam was the victim’s fault.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 6:48pm On Jun 05, 2021
yanabasee1:
The first time I got scammed was during the immigration recruitment with the stampede...after it was suspended...

I saw someone on Facebook that said he could help...I foolishly got the person's number and began to chat the person...

He demanded for money to help me get an invitation letter... which I did... Gave him 50k. It wasn't my money tho and I still borrowed to travel from the South to Abuja after the date fixed on the letter was cancelled and he kept asking me to hold on... So I decided to go there against his will...Moment I got to Abuja and informed him I was there...he blocked my line. Located the HQ and showed them the letter and they explained to me that it was a scam and one officer even threatened to arrest me for paying money to get a job....

By the time I returned home ...and settled the credit... I was depressed and cried after the hopes I gave my gf that year

Bottom line is.... Be careful, it's 21st century.... be smart!!
Kai So sorry about this!

They take advantage of people’s situations and do not care what happens to the person afterwards.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Ammishaddai: 6:55pm On Jun 05, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

Unfortunately the bank might not help him as they never did with mine, not like I was expecting any help from them though. They claimed with another victim that the scam was the victim’s fault.
...so what about the police? Did you go to them?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 6:57pm On Jun 05, 2021
Ammishaddai:
...so what about the police? Did you go to them?
I didn’t o! Police that will request me for more money ? Hummmm I don’t trust them either.

But this particular victim said he will go there anyways.
Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Ammishaddai: 7:02pm On Jun 05, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

I didn’t o! Police that will request me for more money ? Hummmm I don’t trust them either.

But this particular victim said he will go there anyways.
It's best you report this to the police especially if you're dwelling in Abuja. From my little experience, the police in Abuja are more friendly towards complains of such nature and would be eager to assist.
Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 7:05pm On Jun 05, 2021
Ammishaddai:
It's best you report this to the police especially if you're dwelling in Abuja. From my little experience, the police in Abuja are more friendly towards complains of such nature and would be eager to assist.
The Police in Lagos are all about tips - bribes and they won’t do anything about it.

Happened before and they did nothing !
Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Ammishaddai: 7:07pm On Jun 05, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

The Police in Lagos are all about tips - bribes and they won’t do anything about it.

Happened before and they did nothing !
But still, 176k no be beans and its worth fighting for especially in this season of economic recession.
Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Tripssy: 7:10pm On Jun 05, 2021
Almost everything online in Nigeria is a scam

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 7:11pm On Jun 05, 2021
Ammishaddai:
But still, 176k no be beans and its worth fighting for especially in this season of economic recession.
This is true bro! He is going to the Police station by Monday to report this case. Annoying part is, this usually happens on weekends when you can’t reach the bank and yes he called customer care service but took forever to be connected!

Heartbreaking!!!
Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Ammishaddai: 7:13pm On Jun 05, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

This is true bro! He is going to the Police station by Monday to report this case. Annoying part is, this usually happens on weekends when you can’t reach the bank and yes he called customer care service but took forever to be connected!

Heartbreaking!!!
Heya...it is well. May God help him recover his losses.

Peace
Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by GreaterFuture(m): 7:16pm On Jun 05, 2021
One fool here is still owing me a paltry 5k, the idiot still get mouth to dey insult me
Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 8:03pm On Jun 05, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Heya...it is well. May God help him recover his losses.

Peace
Amen!!!! Thank you so much.
Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 8:15pm On Jun 05, 2021
GreaterFuture:
One fool here is still owing me a paltry 5k, the idiot still get mouth to dey insult me
Hummmm....So sorry about this, especially more about the insult as I know how it feels. This is how people inflict curses upon themselves.

You owe, you ain’t even remorseful about it and still got the effrontery to insult the person you are owing! Wonders!!!
Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by dayabiuuku: 9:04pm On Jun 05, 2021
it was one guy on whatsapp that scammed me of 5k months back

he was advertising crypto and all those bitcoin stuff he said if you out 10k, you will get 20k

i didnt know it was a scam

NA LONG THROAT KILL ME THAT TIME

NOW I AM ONCE BITTEN TWICE SHY

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by 3gpvids: 9:29pm On Jun 05, 2021
How dem take they scam una self?
na juju abi wetin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Julianaa: 10:25pm On Jun 05, 2021
Its very rampant on twitter

Especially those using Zenith bank

No bank will ask you for your details, highest they will ask is your account number

It's really worrisome how people still fall for that scam

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Ishilove: 10:34pm On Jun 05, 2021
All my correspondences with my bankers are via the channels listed in the official mails sent to my mailbox. Any other platform is a no no

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by emetisuccess(m): 10:38pm On Jun 05, 2021
My brothers na every roof this rain the fall oooo. Mine was 'binomo', they are fucking scammers

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Ulunne777(f): 10:41pm On Jun 05, 2021
How can someone educated be told to show the details on the back of his ATM card and he complied. Even the bank issuing you the card for the first time doesn't look at it let alone a stranger.

Anything that will not be solved on the appropriate channels given by them, go to the bank!
The worst are those who chat Zenith bank on whatsapp even when they keep announcing it on their page everyday.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by armadeo(m): 12:07am On Jun 06, 2021
Sad.

Twitter sef.

I can never give my details to anyone on line or over the phone. Even if I am looking at you sef ...

I replaced my atm card and the guy sent a number to my phone to activate the card, right in front of me in the banking hall and I was still hesitant to call the number from my phone for him to complete the task.

I am that paranoid.
Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by mmadu5(m): 1:56am On Jun 06, 2021
GUYS PLEASE EVERYONE SHOULD BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR SYMPATHY SCAMMEERS . YES THIS IS THE NEW TREND NOW FOR SCAMMERS. THEY MAKE UP BOGUS STORY OF BEING SCAMMED BY 9JA BET OR BEING DEFRAUDED BY BANK ETC THEN POST SCREENSHOTS OF RANDOM TRANSCATIONS, THEY WILL SAY THINGS LIKE IM DEPRESSED IM ABOUT TO COMMIT SUCIDE OR MY LIFE IS FINISHED DONT FALL FOR IT . ITS ALL A SCAM TO GET PEOPLE,S SYMPATHY TO SEND THEM MONEY DO NOT FALL FOR IT SHINE YOUR EYES .

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Angrygoat: 4:58am On Jun 06, 2021
Well my own 2.7m has been seized by a bastard company since last nite. Claiming I have multiple accounts. My guy I can't sleep. Infact I had bad dream yesterday
Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 4:17pm On Jun 06, 2021
dayabiuuku:
it was one guy on whatsapp that scammed me of 5k months back

he was advertising crypto and all those bitcoin stuff he said if you out 10k, you will get 20k

i didnt know it was a scam

NA LONG THROAT KILL ME THAT TIME

NOW I AM ONCE BITTEN TWICE SHY
Those ones are very common! I usually send them fake alert screenshots.
Re: A Nairalander Has Just Been Scammed Same Way!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 4:18pm On Jun 06, 2021
Julianaa:
Its very rampant on twitter

Especially those using Zenith bank

No bank will ask you for your details, highest they will ask is your account number

It's really worrisome how people still fall for that scam
It’s sad and these scammers are every where in Zenith’s comment sections.

(1) (2) (Reply)

From Russia With Love? / My Father And I Caught A Thief This Morning / Mob Batters And Strip Woman Unclad For Kidnapping A Young Child [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.