Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

How To Modernize Your Legacy Applications With Low Code Platforms? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Modernize Your Legacy Applications With Low Code Platforms? (402 Views)

Unearth Your Legacy: Premium Land, Unrivaled Opportunity – Act Now!" / Contact Me For Your Roofing With Low Cost / Own A Bungalow At Winners Estate, Legacy Layout Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Modernize Your Legacy Applications With Low Code Platforms? by javaidhassan083: 8:56pm On Jun 05, 2021
Helps micro mac companies better manage and maintain their award-winning software solutions. While this is a very successful business, there was a time when a Texas-based company was losing a competitor. This is because although Microsoft's software has always been great, the fact that this legacy was built on the Microsoft Access platform means that it has some limitations. Unfortunately, the company is trying to buy a new system, and replace it later.

However, the problem was that their low code application platforms development platform lacked a modern user interface and was difficult to use for programming. It soon became apparent that Microman did not have the time, money or resources to create a better maintenance management solution on the existing platform. They needed to find alternative solutions.

There are no restrictions with the OutSystem low code platform

Solution - Sawyers began exploring options and came to the outsourced code development platform. He knew that the best way to test the platform was to use it, so he created apps with a free personalized version of OutSystem.

At first, the engineering legacy app modernization team was terrified of creating such a complex solution on a platform that was so different from the traditional way of coding. He did not know what to expect and thought he would have to do a lot of work outside the platform. As Sawyers and his team soon discovered, however, there were no limits.

Using OutSystem, Savaris and his team can rewrite their existing application, offering innovative, mobile-ready, cloud-based solutions for their customers.

Since rebuilding its software, MicroMac has been able to meet customer requirements for this functionality, which it could not do before. For example, the app now works in Spanish and Chinese - the functionality it added in a month.

Why move your legacy system to code

Many companies today maintain, operate, and provide legacy systems. They represent a long-term business investment, which at some point could make the transition plan an inevitable outcome.

And while legacy system migration presents challenges, in particular, migrating your system to a low-code platform will have many benefits.

Why do enterprises run on legacy systems?

Legacy systems usually indicate that a particular software is out of date or in need of replacement.

An inheritance system is an old method, technology, computer system, or application program that is "related to an old or outdated computer system, or is not yet in use."

And while legacy systems face many challenges and problems, there are many reasons why many businesses still use outdated software. These include:

The software application "works fine" and therefore, the company does not see a direct benefit in its transfer.

It costs a lot to move an old, complex, monolithic system.

The way this system is designed is complex and / or not well understood. This can happen when system builders leave the company, the system is outsourced and the contract with the outsourcing partner expires, or if the system is not fully documented. Therefore, the transfer of the inheritance system will be dangerous and difficult to complete.

Recognize your competitive advantage: Your legacy software can represent a competitive advantage for your business. Retiring will hurt your business.

People don't like change: When you change the legacy system, you shouldn't reduce or respond to resistance from your end users.
Re: How To Modernize Your Legacy Applications With Low Code Platforms? by HassieMalcomson(f): 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2021
Thanks for sharing such an informative thread here. Honestly, I wasn't in favour of low-code platforms as a custom app developer in the beginning. But after using platforms like OutSystems and Back4App, I changed my point of view. Definitely, it is fast to build and maintain these applications with low-code development. Nowadays, I am using the low-code platform Back4App that comes with the backing of this Parse Server https://www.back4app.com/product/what-is-parse-server that Facebook has already been used. It is a super-fast experience where it takes only a few minutes to set up an application.

Moreover, it is easy to debug and fix errors on low-code platforms. This low-code development is opening opportunities for small companies and startups with a limited budget. Cloud computing properties of low-code platforms would also impress you. I hope these platforms would improve their facilities for data-sensitive applications.

(1) (Reply)

Distress Sale!!! / ₦70M: 4bedroom Semi Detached Duplex For Sale At Ajah (Photos) / Hi Nairaland Builders, Do I Need To Do German Floor For My Bungalow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.