Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Twitter Ban: Tweeps Not Using Our Networks, Telcos Insist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Ban: Tweeps Not Using Our Networks, Telcos Insist (279 Views)

Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu / If He Is Not Using Religion, It Is Tribe - Adeyanju Mocks Obi's "Strategy" / We’ve Licensed Telcos To Provide NIN - NIMC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Ban: Tweeps Not Using Our Networks, Telcos Insist by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 06, 2021
Twitter in Nigeria are not using their networks to access the microblogging site.

Twitter was suspended in Nigeria by the Federal Government with an order to telcos under the aegis of the Association of Licensed Telecommunications Operators of Nigeria to make it effective.

However, Nigerians were undeterred by the suspension as they logged on to the platform in large numbers on Saturday to lambast the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), and the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN).

This prompted questions as to whether the suspension of Twitter by the telcos was being done in phases, as some were still able to tweet despite the ban.

In response, the firms said they had suspended Twitter completely on their networks.

The ALTON Chairman told one of our correspondents, “We have disconnected Twitter completely from the national networks. There is no mobile network operator who has access to Twitter as we speak.”

https://punchng.com/twitter-ban-tweeps-not-using-our-networks-telcos-insist/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2WonVNLo4viZ26DnlA39x94h7yErIovlBqqmdJAQwn9Xor9i_5oF9h-40#Echobox=1622966067
Re: Twitter Ban: Tweeps Not Using Our Networks, Telcos Insist by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 06, 2021
I Saw the news, and I decided to check my Twitter again to know if it is up and running, behold it is...

Nigeria as far as international community is concerned is a toothless bulldog on international affairs. You can't only ban or suspend something you have no idea how it was created. Even tools needed can't be seen in Nigeria.

Meanwhile my Twitter is sound and running though I don't know whether it uses vpn or not but is running fine.

Re: Twitter Ban: Tweeps Not Using Our Networks, Telcos Insist by JoeDa: 9:20am On Jun 06, 2021
Ok
Re: Twitter Ban: Tweeps Not Using Our Networks, Telcos Insist by Romanoff(f): 9:23am On Jun 06, 2021
They are all using your networks.
Na just back door things and e no get wetin una fit do about am.
Re: Twitter Ban: Tweeps Not Using Our Networks, Telcos Insist by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 06, 2021
Bandits are even on twitter.
Re: Twitter Ban: Tweeps Not Using Our Networks, Telcos Insist by jlinkd78(m): 9:32am On Jun 06, 2021
Noted
Re: Twitter Ban: Tweeps Not Using Our Networks, Telcos Insist by doggedfighter(f): 9:34am On Jun 06, 2021
Re: Twitter Ban: Tweeps Not Using Our Networks, Telcos Insist by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 06, 2021
I wish hackers will show the Buhari government that it's not gracious to flaunt your stupidity around as a government.
Re: Twitter Ban: Tweeps Not Using Our Networks, Telcos Insist by Dannybammz: 9:38am On Jun 06, 2021
grin

(1) (Reply)

Some Past Headlines That Will Make You Believe That Nigeria Fed.govt Are Terrori / NEPC Sets To Establish Common Facility Centre In Gombe, Gov Seeks Partnership / LG Election: Certificate Scandal Rocks APC Candidate In Epe Local Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.