Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,424 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs (29148 Views)

Makinde: I Can’t Accept Chairmanship Of PDP Governors Forum / Seyi Makinde: I Used Carrots, Vitamin C, Blackseed Oil, Honey To Fight COVID-19 / Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by seglabsy(m): 6:04pm On Jun 06, 2021
WelkinBlue:

What do you mean by he must be joking ?

The Constitution is very clear on local government and I can't see where LCDA is stated in the Constitution.

This illegality and mode of embezzlement through the LCDA as to stop.

Same thing is happening in Lagos where only 20 local government is recognized in the Constitution however election is been conducted in additional 34 LCDA.

Or are we saying the construction is no longer the generalissimo of our laws ;-) (let me borrow an SAN word)
ORI RE YO KANKE,I LOVE U

1 Like

Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by FarahAideed: 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2021
No matter what we have to learn to comply with order , if you reject it you are setting a precedence for Chaos in the future
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by seunayantokun(m): 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2021
The first reaction of the governor and this statement put together = I WILL PAY ONLY THE 33 LOCAL GOVERNMENT CHAIRMEN

But they have 68, so he told them: DECIDE WHO TO BE PAID

It is not an easy one for those APC guys.

1 Like

Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by JohnSin97: 6:10pm On Jun 06, 2021
seglabsy:
your families

What happened to your family.
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by Jobabori(m): 6:17pm On Jun 06, 2021
Assuming it was Buhari that says he will not obey supreme court ruling. The wailers could have been here calling him names. Rule of law is being trampled on but our so called activists see nothing wrong since it is not Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by Drakkernoir: 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2021
Jobabori:
Assuming it was Buhari that says he will not obey supreme court ruling. The wailers could have been here calling him names. Rule of law is being trampled on but our so called activists see nothing wrong since it is not Buhari.

Don't mind them...hypocrites...This naija sef..no be the same Seyi dem dey hail yesterday
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by moufan: 6:32pm On Jun 06, 2021
seyi makinde has been a monumental failure in oyo state,a very huge disaster of a governor
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by Benhans(m): 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2021
Everyone just ranting! Didn't you guys read well? I can't believe most people didn't read the post well.

1 Like

Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by mendel04(m): 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2021
Most people reacting to this post did not read the content
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by OlujobaSamuel: 6:37pm On Jun 06, 2021
Vireani79:

U are right ...this was the same nonsense tinubu did in Lagos...creating local governments and expecting obj to pay them
Till date the nonsense has being turned around to say pdp withheld funds and tinubu was able to rule Lagos without allocation.
They are good at creating problems
Same thing happened in the national assembly
When gej gave Oyo the house of rep zoning
All they needed to do was align and vote
But tinubu pushed them and they gave it to tambaluwa and still blamed Jonathan
Saying yorubas didn't get anything in Jonathan's govt

Seyi is right here
Let them go back and let the court decide which of them should be paid as local governments
Enough of the confusion
I don't think so(he is right)
Lcda was created as a result of some itch with the constitution we operate.
The constitution spelt out some process in LGA creation, this process is mostly put under the State Government control, however the NASS will have to ratify after the state is done.
During the Tinubu OBJ days, Tinubu kick-start the process, complete the state's end, the fg (OBJ) wasn't interested in such creation so it was blocked at the NASS, the merits or demerits was never considered. Since constitution gave the state absolute right to create a LGA within their domain, so far it meets the requirements (population, land mass, revenue, basic infrastructure), lasg believed they were right and fg was just kicking against it due to politics, they invented the name LCDA, which is also meant to serve the same purpose.
Fg stopped LGA funds allocation to LASG, it was argued at SC and it was ruled that the stoppage of funds is illegal as the fg can't assume what such fund might have been used for, moreover, the LCDA were duly created by the state house of assembly.
Why I said the governor is wrong, LCDA or any other creation of law are entitled to be financed from the authority under which such law is created. I think what he should have done is to repeal the law that created it so it's going to be seen that he is sincere at not recognising it. He should remove the law and stop fighting the personnel, a repeal of the law will send the personnel away.
I think the SC should make a ruling that allocation should go directly to a LGA and only the duo of elected council chairman and council manager should be signatory to such account.
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by WelkinBlue: 6:38pm On Jun 06, 2021
seglabsy:
ORI RE YO KANKE,I LOVE U

Thanks bro even though I no understand the Yoruba you just said
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by vasel15: 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2021
how dare seyi say that,NBA you see una life,i have already written an article about you guys, nigeria is the only place where they disobey the court,in sane countries even the president not dare disobey the supreme court,you can appeal later but you must obey,you people have destroyed nigeria,i want a biafra with the rule of law and remember the is supreme court
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by muykem: 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2021
meetme01:

Not in support of Makinde. But, was the Supreme Court explicit on the number of LGs to be paid. ? I think that's where he faults the judgement. The former LG Chairmen also faulted him before proceeding to the Supreme Court. Now, there is lacuna in the judgement. That's the beauty of democracy. T
There's no lacuna, names of the Chairmen and then local government was listed in the judgment.
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2021
southniyikaye:
Don't understand this man at all, shey na fulani people go vote you for second time?
Cos the rate he allows his people to be slaughtered is alarming
You guys didn't know all these before voting a Fulani tyrant as president? You want him to fight terrorist with bare hands?
The president is the one in charge of all security agencies so he should be blamed for any insecurity.
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by ChukwuObe: 7:26pm On Jun 06, 2021
vasel15:
how dare seyi say that,NBA you see una life,i have already written an article about you guys, nigeria is the only place where they disobey the court,in sane countries even the president not dare disobey the supreme court,you can appeal later but you must obey,you people have destroyed nigeria,i want a biafra with the rule of law and remember the is supreme court

I really pity the man and those that are hailing him. He is satiating himself and his followers when he said that the case will not be decided until after his tenure. I am sorry for him because he himself will rush to the same court if the FG also decides not to give the state the monthly allocation until he complies with the judgement. I am sure the state will not survive it like Lagos
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by Coldshisha: 7:26pm On Jun 06, 2021
How do you want him to comply, Local government are remitting every Penny to state governments
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by meetme01: 7:36pm On Jun 06, 2021
muykem:
There's no lacuna, names of the Chairmen and then local government was listed in the judgment.

Thanks that for. Neither seen or read the judgment. Nigeria dailies did not state it as well.

The Gov. have some law gurus advising him on what he said because he once accepted to pay these people. Let's see how it goes. At least it will provide another judicial jurisprudence for others or want to toll that part.
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by AfroKnight: 7:59pm On Jun 06, 2021
anigbajumo:
Audio Governor, He can't send joint task force to flush Fulani out of all the forest in Oyo state he is busy talking about supreme Court judgement.

The governor only has authority over Amotekun. Armed forces and police are federal.
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 06, 2021
justosee:

You guys didn't know all these before voting a Fulani tyrant as president? You want him to fight terrorist with bare hands?
The president is the one in charge of all security agencies so he should be blamed for any insecurity.
oga stop all these nonsense you people spew on the internet.
Were you there when I voted to know who I voted for?
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by Bluntemperor: 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2021
Jimasun:
He must be joking

He should not have even said it out.
Why should a Governor, first Officer of the State comment on such and you want the citizens of the State to follow you.
Governor,please tred with caution o!
Follow the Supreme Court decision first,then go and amend for a new judgement.
That is how democracy and Rule of Law works.
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by rerhji(m): 8:26pm On Jun 06, 2021
WelkinBlue:

The Constitution is very clear on local government and I can't see where LCDA is stated in the Constitution.

Same thing is happening in Lagos where only 20 local government is recognized in the Constitution however election is been conducted in additional 34 LCDA.

Or are we saying the construction is no longer the generalissimo of our laws ;-) (let me borrow an SAN word)
I wonder if those people read what was up there at all. The only thing is just that to avoid backlash from FG, he should rather act like he is in terms with them

1 Like

Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by GoldHorse(m): 8:50pm On Jun 06, 2021
Even my own people told me it is not done that way. They wanted us to write figures and announce results..................

Naija!
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by WelkinBlue: 8:51pm On Jun 06, 2021
rerhji:
I wonder if those people read what was up there at all. The only thing is just that to avoid backlash from FG, he should rather act like he is in terms with them

It's well sir
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by buckeyemedia: 10:33pm On Jun 06, 2021
bolafez:
Nice one Makinde
Hypocrites everywhere, even President Buhari hasn’t shown this kind of disdain to a Supreme Court order.
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by buckeyemedia: 10:38pm On Jun 06, 2021
WelkinBlue:

Nobody told you to pay the LCDAs give the Local Governments their money, they know how they will pay the LCDA, don’t use this alibi to stop The Supreme Court order to release the Local Governments money to them.

1 Like

Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by WelkinBlue: 10:56pm On Jun 06, 2021
buckeyemedia:
Nobody told you to pay the LCDAs give the Local Governments their money, they know how they will pay the LCDA, don’t use this alibi to stop The Supreme Court order to release the Local Governments money to them.

Funny you sir,first how was the local government chaimen elected ?

When an election that ought to be conducted in just 33 local government was conducted in 60 something plus, don't you know what it simply mean is that some electorate as being disenfranchised in voting for their preferred candidate.

That as totally discredited such election and it as become null and void and same means the election of both the local government and LCDA was void
Re: Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs by Babz18: 7:45am On Jun 07, 2021
Bola146:
Be there talking, you can't have my vote for your second time, be ranting till all Oyo state people are finished in the hands of wicked bandits
And who will have your vote. APC plant mercenary that will intense the fire.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Changes Name Of Delta Gubernatorial Candidate To David Edevbie / Northerners On Edge Over Ethnic Profiling In South West / Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.