Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Aaaaaaa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aaaaaaa (3641 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aaaaaaa by Gentlerespect76: 10:55pm On Aug 22, 2021
At a blow I read your story from start to finish. Wow, wow and wow. You are a philosopher; I felt as one riding on a boat across a canal. So smooth and compelling but your road had been rough. So men will learn from you. God keep thee safe, bro.

1 Like

Re: Aaaaaaa by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:08am On Aug 23, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
At a blow I read your story from start to finish. Wow, wow and wow. You are a philosopher; I felt as one riding on a boat across a canal. So smooth and compelling but your road had been rough. So men will learn from you. God keep thee safe, bro.

Amen. Thanks
Re: Aaaaaaa by Amiralord: 8:20am On Aug 23, 2021
sgtponzihater1:
The bright side of life:

I love stories but I can hardly put them in a sequential order. The thoughts come in randomly, and I process them as they do.

It's was my first time in London. I had sold off everything I owned including my treasured 55" Sony bravia that took me 5years to purchase, Had it been in my ability maybe I would have carried it along; apart from my 600k mercedes Benz, this was my most expensive property, and one I bought without government or family support. I padded up my account to get the accepted financial base for getting a visa, and was next up in Muritala Mohammed. I will Jet out of the Country for a second time, the only difference was that this time I would not be coming back anytime soon. In fact I had told myself, if not my parents, sibling and family, nothing will take me back to "that place". I have since discarded this thought. While we hustle everyday in "the abroad", we must seek for ways to build bridges back home, we must remember the "motherland", and wish it as well as we wish ourselves, and hope that someday we can return, maybe not in person, but that our lineage will not be lost in a world with no "soul, sauce, vibe or chilly"

Back to Muritala Mohammed, I had pinched myself a Dozen times to ensure this was not a dream. Low cash, so Air Maroc was it. It had international flight quite alright. But no dedicated TV to watch while on flight. If there was ever a "molue" for international flights then this was it. I didn't care, the excitement of the life ahead trumped the temporary inconvenience. Coupled with the sheer proximity of Morocco to Europe, England and the new worlds this was a good offer.

I hit Heathrow and to receive me was a Taxi booked by my employers. I sat at the back, I thought very ignorantly that for once let me sit like a big man and have a "white man" call me "sir". What I didn't know was this was the real world. A world which anyone could live decently and with the same level of respect no matter their position. A world where being a Doctor or Professor did not mean you could trample on anyone. A world where you needed to load your luggage in the trunk yourself and the driver was at no obligation to help. Thankfully this driver helped me with my luggage.

As we drove bye I could see the parks, it was not crowded, there must have been several for it not be thronged by people. I saw pastures, and for once knew what green pastures really was. I had less than £100 pounds but I was full with the beauty of what I saw. The town was bright, the people were fast paced but cautious. I saw the attention to detail, and the intentionality to every part of the city.

On my bed in the B&B, despite being worth less than 60k in Naira if I convert my £100 pounds at the time, I felt a sense of relief, I felt the weight of a "shit hole country" leave me, I felt free to dream again. I thought of my mum, my dad, my siblings, and my friend grinding through the heat of the motherland, sinned against daily by "leaders" that hardly care, and I would only say my prayers in tears for them. This would be a prayer I pray almost daily for
my family, friend, and for others.

I drop my pen with this prayer:

"That their pain and tears be temporary
That the sun pierces through their present darkness
That they see the good of the land
And that they rise beyond their present difficulties,
that they find help when all hope seems lost, and the Lord most high should be their father, king, help and direction"

Water troway my eyes with those prayers.
Amen Amen Amen

1 Like

Re: Aaaaaaa by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:00pm On Aug 25, 2021
Weal

5 Likes

Re: Aaaaaaa by Ayindesegun10(m): 7:32pm On Sep 03, 2021
I love this. This is mind blowing. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Re: Aaaaaaa by Fidelismaria: 5:53pm On Sep 04, 2021
Nice one sergeant!

1 Like

Re: Aaaaaaa by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:46am On Sep 05, 2021
Ayindesegun10:
I love this. This is mind blowing. Keep up the good work!

Thanks and regards
Re: Aaaaaaa by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:46am On Sep 05, 2021
Fidelismaria:
Nice one sergeant!

Thanks and regards

1 Like

Re: Aaaaaaa by badtlimo(m): 2:40pm On Sep 05, 2021
This is motivating for me …

1 Like

Re: Aaaaaaa by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:39pm On Sep 11, 2021
NOT FRIENDS FOREVER:

6 Likes

Re: Aaaaaaa by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2021
Peace, love and growth to anyone and everyone that takes the pain, and time to read through my story. It's all love and best wishes from me

1 Like

Re: Aaaaaaa by Checkmate1: 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2021
sgtponzihater1:
Peace, love and growth to anyone and everyone that takes the pain, and time to read through my story. It's all love and best wishes from me
I love your depressed stories embarassed

1 Like

Re: Aaaaaaa by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:02pm On Sep 12, 2021
I

7 Likes

Re: Aaaaaaa by Andercruz: 10:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
sgtponzihater1:
Wealth is a state of mind and so is poverty. It's not in our acquisition, but in the value we place in the most or the little we have. It's going to bed knowing that we are taking steps to make tomorrow less tiring. Wealth is knowing that though we are not there, we are taking baby steps to get away from the rat race that could potentially get us back to where we started.

Going abroad opens people up to opportunities. But this can be 2 pronged. Opportunities to beat poverty, attain proper and sane education, show our children the real world and the true dignity of being human, and having a voice. It could however keep us under the clip of the system. Manipulating us with credit options, unending mortgages, dependence of working long hours and years so as to achieve an ever stretching retirement age with its "supposed benefit"

I see what people do and naturally go for the reverse. It's not always the best things to do, but it leave an air of unpredictability and suspicion, which provides its own benefit.

I discovered that Nigerians buy the best cars, struggle to claim expensive mortgages, and then struggle all their years, and working up till their
backs give way in a bid to keep up with the "jonses". It's a feedback system for years of being bastardised by poverty. I wasn't made for this. I needed to create my own system, and own up to my own reality. I was responsible for whatever outcome that came in. I wouldn't buy a Mercedes for £25,000 pound even though I had the money.

I got myself a car work £1500 all paid for. AC chilling in summer, and the heater working in winter. The sound system is impressive, and I can listen to Teni as I drive to work. We only live once, but when the emergencies and the uncertainties of life hit and there's no money to sort things out, and our assets/properties cannot be converted quickly to cash, then we know how important it is to live frugally, and circumspectly.

Wealth and riches are different. I know this for sure, but it would take a whole script to break this down to people. While one is sustainable, the others is vague, and can flip at anytime. I'll pick wealth to riches at any given time. I've seen rich people live miserable lives. Debased others, and think of life in terms of food, drink, and money. But I have seen wealthy people work with grace, with beauty and with value for life. I will switch back to my journey and not dwell on this for too long.

For every one that read through the pages of my voyages, I sincerely pray that true wealth find you, and that for every struggle or pain you've been through, that your triumph and gain will overwhelm them.

Love and peace

SgtPonzihater

The piece is making me cry...but same time making me careful not to. I've tried not to cry over life (not intentional, actually), especially over situations you often feel you are the cause of them. But really, it feels impossible not to cry...feeling ridiculous crying, really....whereas the tears are in the heart, but hard to come to the eyes...still not intentional, but still can't explain it.

Your first prayer dropped tears and freezing compassion in my heart.

Thanks for the piece...I will keep checking in to understand more.

1 Like

Re: Aaaaaaa by Andercruz: 11:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
sgtponzihater1:
NOT FRIENDS FOREVER:

I have lived a largely solo life. Sleeping and waking up on my own terms, and having no one that I needed to be accountable to. The only thing that have changed this slightly is Marriage. But even my wife do not know the things I think, the pain I have been through, and my sleepless nights. I am grateful to her for my children, and maybe the meals she manages to makes reluctantly. But aside this I live life conscious of the fact that I am largely alone when push come to shove.

The first friend I can remember was my elder brother. We did things together, walked the streets together, smiled, laughed and cried together. I was 6, and he was 8, but I can remember his smile, how he shielded me from the rain, and gave me a level of boldness when the other street kid came attacking. Alone I was vulnerable, with him I felt invincible, like a force ready to take on the world. I still feel vulnerable till this day knowing he is no more there to chase the bad guys away. My parent were not rich at the time, so one of us had to go to a public school and the other private. I needed a bit more coaching, so I went to the private school, while he went public. He was coming to pick me like he does daily after school when death snatched him from me. I waited but he didn't show up. My life would never be the same again. I lost my only true friend, and decades later, I still haven't recovered from the pain, the guilt, knowing if he had taken the straight path home, without me, maybe he'll be alive.

My mum still cries when she thinks about him, I still do, every now and then. His destiny, what he stood for, his potential all gone. This was 25 plus years ago, but it's a story that will never end. I will not be taken, if I am then it would be double tragedy, I must make it for us. I feel he attacks me when I slip off the mark ever so often, and urges me to keep focused.

That's my reality, it's the prism with which I see life now. I am all alone, struggling all by my self. But there is a voice my head urging me to forge on, keep winning, and not to die on the way to becoming. He died on the journey to give me a clear path to becoming, and if I fall off that path, then what do I make of the thorns, heat and cold that we have had to endure.

I have tried to keep other friendships after this, but I couldn't sustain any. Humans are mostly selfish. The true motive for many is, what is in this for me? They love you when there is plenty, or when they still have stuffs to gain, but ditch you as soon as they perceive that they no longer have much use of you. They can also be with you when you are both down and out, but as soon as they make marginal progress, then they are off your radar. If the progress comes to you first, then they mostly become jealous. I am not sure if this is a global thing, but that a summary of my friendship after losing my first friend; I couldn't make any real friend again. Not even my wife loves me unconditionally, my mum does, maybe my daughter too, but I am not sure. I give her all the money, sweet, cakes and toys she wants, maybe that why she still smiles to me, and hugs me when I return from work, and tells me everything that went on while I was away.

Now I cry...not weak but willing to relate. We often feel insecure...rejected....finding who really cares, but ends up finding none, and hardly tells anyone we found none.

1 Like

Re: Aaaaaaa by Andercruz: 11:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
sgtponzihater1:
I now lived in London. It was a bustling city. Everyone was fast paced, but still very intentional. It was different from the fast pace of Lagos, that had nearly 70% of people moving round the city without any clear direction, only hoping that someday their motion meets some form of goodluck.

I loved the part of the city, lived close to the town centre, and spent most of my free time there sitting on one of the public chairs, and drawing strength from the rhythm of the city. I would gleen on the teenager riding dangerously on their scooters; maybe 2 decades earlier I would have been taking the same risk they now take. I would see the young and middle age adults, some shopped carelessly, others had a list. I quickly developed the skill of making a list. If the item was not on my list and I liked it, then I will note it down for next time, this was me trying to be frugal, knowing how hard I work, I wouldn't pile up properties for the fun of it. The elderly made the town centre their fun spot; with their backs hunched and their steps muffled, they moved slowly but surely, a tiny fraction for leisure, but yet others from helplessness, if they don't set out to shop, then there will be no one to make sure of this. I learnt quickly from these old folks the power of decisions, especially the ones we make in our prime.

Work was "hard", there was no spare time, as every second was accounted for. You must take a break but you are signed in and out of that break. Despite the harshness of the new job, I still spent many hours doing overtime, grinding, taking risks. There were debts to pay. There were siblings who have hardly found their feet, and I had parents who had sacrificed a major part of their finances for me. I knew this, so every step was intentional.

The more I tried to lived the struggle the more I wouldn't get a good sleep at home. Every moment at home was war. Maybe thats why I spent most time in the town centre. My wife knew more than I did. For every word I spoke to her, she replied back 20 harsh words. It was one complaint after the other. There was no gratitude about what we had, rather it was nagging about what we did not have. So I got a 48" TV, but it was about how a 65" would be better. It was hard time. In a one bedroom flat, I slept in the living room for nearly a year, just to be alone and have some respite. I still wonder how people can thrive in a environment of strive, and not want peace. I was broken, down, and in regret. But I still prayed for the most high to help, for grace to move through the heat, the rain, and the stormy weather. I smiled, but it was not real. I have been through much more than my hands can type, but I am sure that our voyages differ, and for every hurt that I face, theres a balm in gilead to heal.

I got out of London, I haved voyaged all my life seeking my pot of gold, one year in London was overall a blessing and a beauty. There could be so much beauty in our pain. For during this period my Angel was born, her smile was pure, and heart was sincere, and I would have missed this treasure, had I not persevered through the rock, and thorn that came my way. I journey on with the goal clear ahead of me, though the process, and paths to walk very sketchy, that's usually the profile of a voyager.

Peace, love and hope

Sgt PonziHater
12/9/21

I pray for peace...peace over seemingly unending turbulence...peace I pray. In Jesus Name. Amen. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Aaaaaaa by YungLasaint(m): 11:50pm On Sep 12, 2021
This is super emotional... The voyage of man to freedom is always filled with uncertainties... But we shall prevail.

3 Likes

Re: Aaaaaaa by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:58am On Sep 13, 2021
Andercruz:

I pray for peace...peace over seemingly unending turbulence...peace I pray. In Jesus Name. Amen. Amen.

Amen. Thanks
Re: Aaaaaaa by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:59am On Sep 13, 2021
Andercruz:

The piece is making me cry...but same time making me careful not to. I've tried not to cry over life (not intentional, actually), especially over situations you often feel you are the cause of them. But really, it feels impossible not to cry...feeling ridiculous crying, really....whereas the tears are in the heart, but hard to come to the eyes...still not intentional, but still can't explain it.

Your first prayer dropped tears and freezing compassion in my heart.

Thanks for the piece...I will keep checking in to understand more.

Thanks alot. I appreciate
Re: Aaaaaaa by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:00am On Sep 13, 2021
YungLasaint:
This is super emotional... The voyage of man to freedom is always filled with uncertainties... But we shall prevail.

Amen
Re: Aaaaaaa by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:04pm On Sep 16, 2021
hope to us all.

8 Likes

Re: Aaaaaaa by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:52pm On Sep 17, 2021
Contd

1 Like

Re: Aaaaaaa by NiklauseFred(m): 11:42pm On Sep 17, 2021
2Lynx:

Jaycew ( how's Poland treating you)
Subomi007
lamboladee
SaintHillary
Vhuqnl
Joohan
Paccus
Richdee1
ichbinbrait
Canih28
olioxx
Savagethe21st
aziza45442
NoFab123

Bro you skipped me embarassed
Re: Aaaaaaa by Paccus: 1:50am On Sep 18, 2021
2Lynx:

Jaycew ( how's Poland treating you)
Subomi007
lamboladee
SaintHillary
Vhuqnl
Joohan
Paccus
Richdee1
ichbinbrait
Canih28
olioxx
Savagethe21st
aziza45442
NoFab123
Thanks Bro.. I don mark attendance
Re: Aaaaaaa by 2Lynx(m): 3:48pm On Sep 18, 2021
NiklauseFred:

Big man,I am so sorry for that shocked.
What's up with you on that side sir
Re: Aaaaaaa by 2Lynx(m): 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2021
sgtponzihater1:
Convictions:

We can get anywhere we want to, make giant strides, conquer mountains, as long as we believe. We don't have to know how.

My first job in the UK was as a result of the above line of thought. I had unsuccessfully tried to bag a role for months, and my anxiety was gradually mounting. Luckily my good guy had just gotten a offer from one of the very reputable facilities in London. He was estatic, I was for him too. "Could you ask the agents that got you this offer if they had a similar role too?" Was the next question that followed from me. That question sealed the deal. As I eventually got an offer in the same organisation.

It reminded me about the power of trying and asking. We may get a thousand no's but surely a door will open long enough. I was not the brightest at the time or the most qualified, but fortune favours those with guts, who are ready to forge on despite the fog ahead..

Contd

This here
Re: Aaaaaaa by 2Lynx(m): 4:01pm On Sep 18, 2021
sgtponzihater1:
Making Quantum Leaps:

People often say I paint a picture of gloom and melancholy. They erroneously label my stories as a never ending curve of bad news, pain and misfortune. The truth is nothing much is gained during periods of dining, dancing and merrying. Rather alot of mistakes are made. People tend to spend 75% of their salaries in the first 7-10days, and play catch up for the next 20day, struggling to keep bye with the remaining 25% of their income. This tells the deciet in partying too much during times of marginal gains.

The voyager must be ever thankful and always grateful for what he has, where he is, but never settle at his current progress level. It's the sober reflection that keeps us going, thats where true strength is. It's knowing that while gravity tries pulling us down, inertia attempts keeping us in a state of rest or uniform motion, only a deliberate force can provide a quantum leap.

I have taken quantum leap's and I know what it is. After taking these leaps multiple times I can tell what it is and how it is done. I have gone from trekking and hitchhiking vehicles to owning my own car in less than a month. I have gone from living between work and my parents house to owning my own building and other landed property within the space of 3yrs; but these actually mean nothing, they where not act of miracles but making geometric progress by conserving so much energy and jumping from one shell to another without any in-betweens.

My story is about how I am taking these jumps, and strategies that I deploy daily.

First off, for every guide I meet on the way I leave my regards. My respect goes to anyone that is and was ahead of me. I never let a little step or marginal progress get into my head. My elders, teachers, guides, or anyone I passed through has my respect for ever. Respect is the first step of making that leap, it's not eye-service, but retaining maximum respect for those who were ahead of you no matter the marginal progress or advantage you may now have over them.

The other strategy will be gratitude. Taking everyday, every help, and every opportunity with thanks in our heart. Thanking the heavens for allowing us see another day. Never complaining, and always forging ahead.

Next wohld be conserving energy. Maximizing the power of quietness, focus and melancholy. Not giving to too many parties, friends and merrying. Energy can never be created nor destroyed, but converted from one from to another. If we conserve your energy long enough without expending them on frivolities, wining and dining, then we'll likely attain enough charge to make that quantum leap to the next energy level or even more levels up the shell.

The others would be speaking our reality long enough before they appear. It's far from motivational speaking, for those only seem to give a mental boost. When the difficulties of life comes do positive thinkers and motivational speakers fall flat. Speaking our reality is saying good only into your life in difficult times, so that when you've gathered enough energy you can express that good.

We must transcend, make the jump and take the leap. Telling stories are not enough if we don't from time to time tell people how to navigate their way through the crucibles and complexities of life.

Peace, love and hope to us all.

The h
Re: Aaaaaaa by 2Lynx(m): 4:02pm On Sep 18, 2021
sgtponzihater1:
Making Quantum Leaps:

People often say I paint a picture of gloom and melancholy. They erroneously label my stories as a never ending curve of bad news, pain and misfortune. The truth is nothing much is gained during periods of dining, dancing and merrying. Rather alot of mistakes are made. People tend to spend 75% of their salaries in the first 7-10days, and play catch up for the next 20day, struggling to keep bye with the remaining 25% of their income. This tells the deciet in partying too much during times of marginal gains.

The voyager must be ever thankful and always grateful for what he has, where he is, but never settle at his current progress level. It's the sober reflection that keeps us going, thats where true strength is. It's knowing that while gravity tries pulling us down, inertia attempts keeping us in a state of rest or uniform motion, only a deliberate force can provide a quantum leap.

I have taken quantum leap's and I know what it is. After taking these leaps multiple times I can tell what it is and how it is done. I have gone from trekking and hitchhiking vehicles to owning my own car in less than a month. I have gone from living between work and my parents house to owning my own building and other landed property within the space of 3yrs; but these actually mean nothing, they where not act of miracles but making geometric progress by conserving so much energy and jumping from one shell to another without any in-betweens.

My story is about how I am taking these jumps, and strategies that I deploy daily.

First off, for every guide I meet on the way I leave my regards. My respect goes to anyone that is and was ahead of me. I never let a little step or marginal progress get into my head. My elders, teachers, guides, or anyone I passed through has my respect for ever. Respect is the first step of making that leap, it's not eye-service, but retaining maximum respect for those who were ahead of you no matter the marginal progress or advantage you may now have over them.

The other strategy will be gratitude. Taking everyday, every help, and every opportunity with thanks in our heart. Thanking the heavens for allowing us see another day. Never complaining, and always forging ahead.

Next wohld be conserving energy. Maximizing the power of quietness, focus and melancholy. Not giving to too many parties, friends and merrying. Energy can never be created nor destroyed, but converted from one from to another. If we conserve your energy long enough without expending them on frivolities, wining and dining, then we'll likely attain enough charge to make that quantum leap to the next energy level or even more levels up the shell.

The others would be speaking our reality long enough before they appear. It's far from motivational speaking, for those only seem to give a mental boost. When the difficulties of life comes do positive thinkers and motivational speakers fall flat. Speaking our reality is saying good only into your life in difficult times, so that when you've gathered enough energy you can express that good.

We must transcend, make the jump and take the leap. Telling stories are not enough if we don't from time to time tell people how to navigate their way through the crucibles and complexities of life.

Peace, love and hope to us all.

Meditate
Re: Aaaaaaa by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2021
2Lynx:

This here

Thanks boss. Good someone is reading
Re: Aaaaaaa by Subomi007: 7:03pm On Sep 18, 2021
NiklauseFred:

I'm sorry, I'll do the needful next time.
Re: Aaaaaaa by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:47am On Oct 09, 2021
On Prayer and Taking Leaps:

PonziHater

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aaaaaaa by Igbankpa(m): 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2021
This is soul piercing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aussie To Hustle / How Is Life In Tanzania? / Romania Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.