Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Lagos Roads Going Back To Ol' Days? (dimming Light On Funsho Williams Avenue ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Roads Going Back To Ol' Days? (dimming Light On Funsho Williams Avenue ) (753 Views)

Court Approves Suit Against Tinubu Over Murder Of Funsho Williams / Cemetery Attendant Wants Funsho Williams Murder Case Retried / Wikileaks: Lagos Governor Tinubu On Funsho Williams' Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Roads Going Back To Ol' Days? (dimming Light On Funsho Williams Avenue ) by georgem(m): 11:57am On May 03, 2011
we all hailed it though within our innermost self we knew and feared our custom of no maintenance. we would implement huge beautiful and laudable projects but fail to plan a maintenance arrangement. i remember how those of us who lived along western avenue (now Funsho williams avenue) would hold hands with our loved ones and walk on the pavements at night admiing our new look beautiful Lagos. every where was so lit that some would take pictures and send to there home town and told lies of the pix been taken in one of their trips abroad. yes lagos was so beautiful at night in those days. with the lights on at night you could drive along the road without your head lamps on. we all prayed for the government because they should us we can be as beautiful as we want to be and they showed us with Lagos. i remember shouting the CNN slang This is my Lagos but alas! not anymore. the lights are since been fading off two after the other and soon darkness would once again return to our roads, our streets. it would again be very dangerous to walk under stadium bridge at night since there is no light. please let us all remind fashola and the lagos state government that while we praise his good works it would give us more pain to see the works rut after a few months or tenure. while we talk of continuity, we want to see this done in implimented projects. the ones that has been done should be maintained so that whatever had been spent should not become a waste. lets start with the lights, finish of the roads and plan maintenace for these facilities. these in itself is a job creation oppurtunity for the young generation.
Re: Lagos Roads Going Back To Ol' Days? (dimming Light On Funsho Williams Avenue ) by ektbear: 12:00pm On May 03, 2011
Surely there is some phone # you can call to report this to?

If a street light goes out in my neighborhood where I live, I'll call the relevant authorities.

Not bring it to their attention through an internet forum smiley
Re: Lagos Roads Going Back To Ol' Days? (dimming Light On Funsho Williams Avenue ) by satani22: 12:25pm On May 03, 2011
Internet forum is to help provide info. Op did nothing bad to post here. If you no nos of relevant authority provide us with it for calling
Re: Lagos Roads Going Back To Ol' Days? (dimming Light On Funsho Williams Avenue ) by georgem(m): 12:39pm On May 03, 2011
@ ekt bear. ok then give us phone numbers. how about phone number to report abandoned unfinished road projects (tejuosho road), how about phone numbers for unkept/ unmowed lawns along our roads, how about phone numbers for tap that used to run but have stopped running and water works wont do nothing to it, phone numbers to report when rallys or parties are used to block major roads (shitta roundabout), or phone numbers to report indescriminate posting of handbills on public structures, how about , my friend what i'm simly saying here is that there should be maintainance plan in place so that things are fixed without anyone having to report to no one. abi do you wait for reports before you change your burnt light bulbs? well if you dont mind consider this as another means of reporting issues if you so like reporting.
Re: Lagos Roads Going Back To Ol' Days? (dimming Light On Funsho Williams Avenue ) by ektbear: 3:18am On May 04, 2011
^-- whatever floats your boat, do what you like

I hope that if (God forbid) you need to drive someone to the emergency room, you don't post first on Nairaland about it, lol
Re: Lagos Roads Going Back To Ol' Days? (dimming Light On Funsho Williams Avenue ) by georgem(m): 12:02pm On May 09, 2011
at last i can see the state government reacting to this post by starting with taking off all the posters for election period on public properties as the bridges.

(1) (Reply)

Bin Laden Dead Long Before Us Raid - Iran Intel / Reuben Abati Was He Bought Over? / Photo Of Bag-carrying Ambassador Charms China >>good Leaders Lead By Example

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.