Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,444 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

22-year-old Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins U.S. Council Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 22-year-old Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins U.S. Council Election (1002 Views)

PDP's John Gabaya Wins Bwari Area Council Election / Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins City Council Election In Texas / 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

22-year-old Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins U.S. Council Election by RuMiRgO1stSon: 12:29pm On Jun 07, 2021
bike Dabiri-Erewa, Chairman of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM), has congratulated 22-year-old Nigerian-American Steve Ezeonu for winning the Grand Prairie City Council election run-off in Texas, U.S.

Mrs Dabiri-Erewa congratulated Mr Ezeonu in a statement by Abdur-Rahman Balogun, Head of Media and Public Relations of the commission.

She said Mr Ezeonu’s victory was hard-earned but well-deserved.

According to the statement, the young Nigerian-American earned 3,903 votes to beat his closest rival Greg Giessner, who garnered 3,720 votes in the June 5 run-off.

The run-off saw Mr Ezeonu (Democrat) getting 51.2 per cent of the votes against Mr Giessner’s 48.8 per cent.

Mrs Dabiri-Erewa explained that by emerging victorious, Mr Ezeonu proved “hard work and dedication to duty pay.”

She pointed out that she was not surprised by Mr Ezeonu’s victory because his resilience, dedication, doggedness contributed to his success despite his young age.

The NiDCOM chief urged other Nigerians to imitate Mr Ezeonu’s feat and strive to excel in their pursuits as “hard work is the key to success,” while urging them also to continue to demonstrate the spirit of resilience imbibed in Nigerians.

She advised Mr Ezeonu to fulfil all his electoral promises to the electorate, expressing appreciation to the Nigerian community in Texas for giving him their maximum support.

Mrs Dabiri-Erewa disclosed that she had contacted Mr Ezeonu earlier before the election to give him words of encouragement and support.

(NAN)

https://gazettengr.com/22-year-old-nigerian-steve-ezeonu-wins-u-s-council-election/
Re: 22-year-old Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins U.S. Council Election by RuMiRgO1stSon: 12:30pm On Jun 07, 2021
Massive
Re: 22-year-old Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins U.S. Council Election by Fahdiga1: 12:31pm On Jun 07, 2021
It can only be an Igbo man

3 Likes

Re: 22-year-old Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins U.S. Council Election by Tinubuadvocate: 12:42pm On Jun 07, 2021
This is a good news. I couldn't remember the last time I read something good about them the only news I read about them is Chinedu was cut with 45gram of cocaine, ojukwu rape 89 years old woman in capernaum, Ngozi duped 79 years old man in Canada and ikechukwu was arrested in Turkey with cocaine worth 1billion dollar.
Re: 22-year-old Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins U.S. Council Election by Tinubuadvocate: 12:42pm On Jun 07, 2021
You are right.
Fahdiga1:
Re: 22-year-old Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins U.S. Council Election by IamFINESSE: 12:43pm On Jun 07, 2021
I go before others
Re: 22-year-old Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins U.S. Council Election by temitope27(m): 12:56pm On Jun 07, 2021
Fahdiga1:
search this "0ye owolewa"
Re: 22-year-old Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins U.S. Council Election by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 07, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
This is a good news. I couldn't remember the last time I read something good about them the only news I read about them is Chinedu was cut with 45gram of cocaine, ojukwu rape 89 years old woman in capernaum, Ngozi duped 79 years old man in Canada and ikechukwu was arrested in Turkey with cocaine worth 1billion dollar.
Like wise you
I can't remember the last time I heard something good about you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22-year-old Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins U.S. Council Election by Kingof2nations(m): 1:03pm On Jun 07, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:

Mumu tell us the ones you read about adamu, or mutalab if not sucide bombing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22-year-old Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins U.S. Council Election by Ebimor96: 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2021
cheesy
Re: 22-year-old Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins U.S. Council Election by Ebimor96: 1:18pm On Jun 07, 2021
Hizzy:

Like wise you
I can't remember the last time I heard something good about you
Mmm-hmmmm
Re: 22-year-old Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins U.S. Council Election by IJOBA11: 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
SEUMSG DO YOU EVEN KNOW THAT THIS TINUBUADVOCATE GUY IS MAKING MORE ENEMIES FOR YOUR LORD grin
Re: 22-year-old Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins U.S. Council Election by chatinent: 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2021
All right.
Re: 22-year-old Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins U.S. Council Election by RuMiRgO1stSon: 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Perhaps tribalist/racist filter is ON, you check your mind setting :-/
Re: 22-year-old Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins U.S. Council Election by Dovegrey: 1:38pm On Jun 07, 2021
Igbo amakaaaaaaa
Re: 22-year-old Nigerian Steve Ezeonu Wins U.S. Council Election by Dovegrey: 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:

it is better than skull mining your follow human being.
Ayomide caught with 8 afonja skull in ogun state

(1) (Reply)

After Fayemi ,korean Ambassador Revisits Senator Kalu In Abuja (photos) / 2023 Presidency: Zoning A Party, Affair, Atiku Group Replies Southern Governors / Shocking Video:Fulani Cow Eats Up A Woman's Groundnut Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.