Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,278 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa (7153 Views)

Olugbenga Olaoye: We Cannot Afford Another Sick President / IPOB: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Allow Igbo Secede / Adamu Garba: For The North To Secede From Nigeria, Is Not A Bad Thing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Digriz(m): 10:28am On Jun 08, 2021
Restructuring:
See d way northerners are just saying only south easth while foolishly ignoring the fact we in niger delter also wants to secede from nigeria
Fight for yourself, stop waiting for others to fight and sacrifice for you.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Igboid: 10:40am On Jun 08, 2021
Truthshots23:
People of the southeast, speak for your region only, stop making yourselves spokespersons for other regions !

Where did you say you are from again?
You opened this account just yesterday on top Igbo matter.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Igboid: 10:43am On Jun 08, 2021
PrudencyFeats:

Meaning that from Delta to Southern Cameroon (Amazonia) are present day Biafra.

Nnaa, that map is meaningless.
Mere colonial rendition.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Igboid: 10:45am On Jun 08, 2021
Truthshots23:

You are not anioma, you are from the southeast, stop speaking on behalf of my Anioma people, only our monarchs have that right and funny enough, our monarchs all showcase Benin cultural heritage, which shows we are Edo.

Southeasterners, speak for the southeast and leave the south-south alone !

Impostor. Why not face your ethnic group and leave Igbos in Delta North alone?
Attache by force!
Bini Empire has come and gone, grow up, it's not coming back.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Igboid: 10:48am On Jun 08, 2021
ariesbull:

Naso

so in yoir mind I am from South East ...na you hold my birthcertificate

How I wish igboid another anioma will address you also

Where is Adaogwashi and Adaigbuzor

Nwanne, I have strong blood relationship with Anioma people. Issele uku in particular.
But I'm not from Anioma. I'm from Anambra.

I Know fully well that as far as there is no war involved.
If a referendum is conducted in Enu-ani today for them to choose between joining SE in Biafra or remaining in Nigeria with minorities.
They would choose to join us in SE.

I can't speak for Ika and Ndokwa/, Ukwuani people. Those ones appear lost. But time will tell.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by DrSamOnowu87(m): 10:55am On Jun 08, 2021
Jackson105:

Oduduwa nation will be formed too and every Hausa-fulani and Igbo constituting nuisance in South West will be send back to their region.
Where actually in d saut waste are they constituting d nuissance? Apart 4rm lagos d igbo contributed 80% to it's development there is no other place worth living in,mentioning in saut waste.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by slivertongue: 11:07am On Jun 08, 2021
t will not be the best choice for the Igbo or other Nigerians to leave a country all toiled to build and have the responsibility to fix.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Jackson105: 11:11am On Jun 08, 2021
DrSamOnowu87:
Where actually in d saut waste are they constituting d nuissance? Apart 4rm lagos d igbo contributed 80% to it's development there is no other place worth living in,mentioning in saut waste.

You need to be shot on sight, contributing 80% of it's development yet your erosions ravage land are in ruin. You need brain surgery urgently, let this country divide first all of you will be chase away like a criminal to your desolate region.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by cheruv: 11:21am On Jun 08, 2021
Truthshots23:
flush the toilet, stop worshipping your poop
Another otellectual sighted... tongue
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 08, 2021
Igboid:

Impostor. Why not face your ethnic group and leave Igbos in Delta North alone?
Attache by force!
Bini Empire has come and gone, grow up, it's not coming back.
I am zn Anioma, and the name is Benin, not bini ! Benin empire !
You guys from the outside are the ones who keep rewriting history !
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by OfoIgbo: 11:42am On Jun 08, 2021
Truthshots23:

You are not anioma, you are from the southeast, stop speaking on behalf of my Anioma people, only our monarchs have that right and funny enough, our monarchs all showcase Benin cultural heritage, which shows we are Edo.

Southeasterners, speak for the southeast and leave the south-south alone !

If the towns bear Igbo names and the people speak Igbo, they are definitely not Edo.

Today, you wear shirts and trousers introduced from Europe. That doesn't make you a European.

So when Igbos go, every true Igbo element in the SS will join their Igbo brothers.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Igboid: 11:43am On Jun 08, 2021
Truthshots23:

I am zn Anioma, and the name is Benin, not bini ! Benin empire !
You guys from the outside are the ones who keep rewriting history !

Yes! I'm from Saturn.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by BiafIntel: 11:47am On Jun 08, 2021
These are the taqiya group. Believe those fools at your own peril. They were asked if they support a referendum, they said no because their useless constitution doesn't have room for a referendum. Can you imagine their idiocy. Those fools think that they are smart.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 08, 2021
OfoIgbo:

If the towns bear Igbo names and the people speak Igbo, they are definitely not Edo.

Today, you wear shirts and trousers introduced from Europe. That doesn't make you a European.

So when Igbos go, every true Igbo element in the SS will join their Igbo brothers.
The problem you see is that you don't actually practice what you preach. Precolonial maps and texts prove me right, my people are Edo. It is you who is using contemporary "observations" to call us igbo: you don't even ask yourself when the words you talk about started being considered as "igbo" also there are places in lagos which bear haussa in their name, there is China town in the usa, should China claim it ? You guys generally don't make sense.

I don't know if you are aware but there is no such thing as precolonial igbo dictionary ! Written language is new to the region, therefore nobody can actually claim a word belongs to his "tribe". Even the word igbo doesn't refer to a tribe but to a bunch of tribes brought together bu the british to reduce costs of leadership.

To you guys, every observations which go against your claims of my people being igbo are either hallucinations either like people speaking english today but not actually being british, at the same time you bring your own contemporary observations and use that to claim we are igbo.

Look, we don't need to prove our non-igboness to you. Just leave us alone and face your southeast.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 08, 2021
Igboid:

Yes! I'm from Saturn.
I think you are mentally ill
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2021
Igboid:

Yes! I'm from Saturn.
Go and take your meds, stop quoting me.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2021
How a group of deluded people from the southeast felt they were legitimate in speaking on behalf of other regions is beyond me.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 08, 2021
Igboid:

Nnaa, that map is meaningless.
Mere colonial rendition.
The map has nothing to do with any colonial entity, it was made in 1711, long before colonisation, however the map doesn't show what your friend is claiming, it shows biafra as bring part of present day Cameroon as clearly written on the page posted by your friend, The entire present day southern nigeria is listed under Benin in the same map.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by ariesbull: 12:32pm On Jun 08, 2021
Truthshots23:

The problem you see is that you don't actually practice what you preach. Precolonial maps and texts prove me right, my people are Edo. It is you who is using contemporary "observations" to call us igbo: you don't even ask yourself when the words you talk about started being considered as "igbo" also there are places in lagos which bear haussa in their name, there is China town in the usa, should China claim it ? You guys generally don't make sense.

I don't know if you are aware but there is no such thing as precolonial igbo dictionary ! Written language is new to the region, therefore nobody can actually claim a word belongs to his "tribe". Even the word igbo doesn't refer to a tribe but to a bunch of tribes brought together bu the british to reduce costs of leadership.

To you guys, every observations which go against your claims of my people being igbo are either hallucinations either like people wearing speaking english today but not actually being british, at the sale time you bring your own contemporary observations and use that to claim we are igbo.

Look, we don't need to prove our non-igboness to you. Just leave us alone and face your southeast.

Before the advance of colonial masters they considered themselves igbo that is why we have towns hearing

Akuko igbo (anioma )
Igbo bi na Uzor (igbuzor for short ) Delta
Igbo etiti. ( Enugu State )
Igbo Ukwu (anambra )
Azu igbo ( Anambra)
Obi igbo ( rivers )
Igbo etche (rivers )
Abu igbo (Abia )

So these areas have been hearing igbo names and that is am indication that they are igbo ....
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 08, 2021
ariesbull:

Before the advance of colonial masters they considered themselves igbo

Unsubstantiated and factually wrong, brfore the british, the ancestors of those who call themselves igbo today were from different small tribes, it is the british who turned them into one tribe due to their backwardness and the difficulty to rule hundreds of small tribes indirectly. What you say is based on dogma not on facts.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by OfoIgbo: 12:38pm On Jun 08, 2021
Truthshots23:

To you guys, every observations which go against your claims of my people being igbo are either hallucinations either like people wearing speaking english today but not actually being british, at the sale time you bring your own contemporary observations and use that to claim we are igbo.

No, Chinese people cannot claim China Town in the US. FIrst of all, China is an English pronounciation of that country. Secondly, TOWN is an English word, so it is clear China Town is not the original name of the place.

What does Akwukwu-Igbo (headquarters of Oshimili North) mean in Edo?
What does ANIOMA mean in Edo?
Does ANIOMA have exactly the same meaning in Igbo, as it does, in Anioma areas?

All these your twisting and turning will not help you.

And by the way, I hope you know that Igodomigodo belongs to Nri people, who are certified bonafide Igbos.
So Igbos may yet claim Igodomigodo as a part of Biafra, if you guys really want to get into some land tussles with Ndigbo. That is why till today, Edo people still use the 4 market days owned and instituted by the Nri people.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfoIgbo:

No, Chinese people cannot claim China Town in the US. FIrst of all, China is an English pronounciation of that country. Secondly, TOWN is an English word, so it is clear China Town is not the original name of the place.

And by the way, I hope you know that Igodomigodo belongs to Nri people, who are certified bonafide Igbos.
So Igbos may yet claim Igodomigodo as a part of Biafra, if you guys really want to get into some land tussles with Ndigbo. That is why till today, Edo people still use the 4 market days owned and instituted by the Nri people.

Once again, written words are new to the region, so any claims of words belonging to igbo is dead on arrival, also the Oba of Benin has Uku in his title, I guess it makes him igbo according to you then. Also for your information, Igodomigodo is a made up story, a fairytale, this just exposed further the fact you guys are clueless about history.

You dont know what you are talking about.

There is a place in paris which is called "quartier latin", should Italy claim it ?
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by OfoIgbo: 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2021
Truthshots23:

Once again, written words are new to the region, so any claims of words belonging to igbo is dead on arrival, also the Oba of Benin has Uku in his title, I guess it makes him igbo according to you then. Also for your information, Igodomigodo is a made up story, a fairytale, this just exposed further the fact you guys are clueless about history.

There is a place in paris which is called "quartier latin", should Italy claim it ?

What does UKU mean? Answer this question, I will tell you more about Nri and Benin

To those who don't know, UKU is UKWU which means waist.
The Oba of Benin goes with the appendage UKU KPOLOKPOLO. This is a corruption of the Igbo phrase UKWU KPOLAKPO.

I'm about to take this nigga to school

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfoIgbo:

What does UKU mean? Answer this question, I will tell you more about Nri and Benin
Look, you are a deluded fool, do yourself a favour and stop spreading your fake history. Your revisionism won't turn nri into an empire, nri is a village and always will be so. I know you are trying to copy yoruba with their fake history surrounding ife village, the world still knows ife as a village and will never see nri as anything else.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfoIgbo:

The Oba of Benin goes with the appendage UKU KPOLOKPOLO. This is a corruption of the Igbo phrase UKWU KPOLAKPO.

You just jump from one unsubstantiated claim to another. You were earlier confusing a fairytale with actual history. I have better things to do than waste time on a conspiracy theorist and his revisionism.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by ariesbull: 1:04pm On Jun 08, 2021
Truthshots23:

Unsubstantiated and factually wrong, brfore the british, the ancestors of those who call themselves igbo today were from different small tribes, it is the british who turned them into one tribe due to their backwardness and the difficulty to rule hundreds of small tribes indirectly. What you say is based on dogma not on facts.

How come they had igbo in their names of their towns

How come they had people bearing igbo as a surname

Oga no dey argue anyhow

Towns Like Igbo Ukwu in Anambra, igbuzor (ibusa) that your mungo park died has been bearing that names centuries before tiur colonial masters

What is wromg with you guys ....or is the colonial master the one that gave them the name Igbo Ukwu or Igbo etiti

You are thinking like the average black man that that think low of himself and high of the colonial master

Go and read Olaudah Equiano or things fall apart

I am done

Truthshots23:

You just jump from one unsubstantiated claim to another. You were earlier confusing a fairytale with actual history. I have better things to fo than waste time on a conspiracy theorist and his revisionism.
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by ariesbull: 1:08pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Leave the young chap...he has forgotten that Benin is highly influenced by Igbo culture via NRI priest and Awka craftsman

Igbo Ukwu is hundred years older than that Benin

NRI is far older

Leave all these kids
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by DrSamOnowu87(m): 1:09pm On Jun 08, 2021
Jackson105:

You need to be shot on sight, contributing 80% of it's development yet your erosions ravage land are in ruin. You need brain surgery urgently, let this country divide first all of you will be chase away like a criminal to your desolate region.
Who wil do d shooting? Even if a coward is giving Ak47 u cannot shot a snake talkmore shooting human being.
Whenever a child talks u'll know. Stop disgracing ur family on nairaland,go & ask truthful elders question,they will tell that oshodi market,ladipo,alaba,mushin,ikotun,ebinpejo market etc are what whey are today bcus of Igbos in Lagos.
80% of business going on in Lagos presently are owned by Igbos,the roadswere built when Lagos was formerly d nation's capital.
Y do kids like u love insulting, raining abuses on people esp. on social media site? Yoruba were formerly known to be respectful pple,why are u different? Are u an agbero or what?
Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by ariesbull: 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2021
ariesbull:

How come they had igbo in their names of their towns
How come they had people bearing igbo as a surname
Oga no dey argue anyhow
Towns Like Igbo Ukwu in Anambra, igbuzor (ibusa) that your mungo park died has been bearing that names centuries before tiur colonial masters
What is wromg with you guys ....or is the colonial master the one that gave them the name Igbo Ukwu or Igbo etiti
You are thinking like the average black man that that think low of himself and high of the colonial master
Go and read Olaudah Equiano or things fall apart
I am done
1) you are the one calling the british "master", yet you are claiming I am suffering from low self esteem.
2) Equizno clearly states that his kingdom wzs under the rule of the emperor Oba of Benin.
Truthshots23:

Re: Northern Elders: Let Igbo Secede If It’s Their Wish — We Can’t Afford Another Wa by ariesbull: 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2021
Truthshots23:

1) you are the one calling the british master, yet you are claiming I am suffering from low self esteem.
2) Equizno clearly states that his kingdom wzs under the rule of the emperor Oba of Benin.

you still are shallow...being under Benin rule doesnt mean they are benin

Nigeria was under British rule ...doesn't mean we are British

Abeg go and buy sense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bayo Onanuga: Atiku Now PDP’s Divider-In-Chief, Incapable Of Winning / Uyo, Airport Project To Be Ready May20th 2023 New Photos / Nigerians In Brussels, Belgium Occupy Nigeria Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.