Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

What Have You Given And Benefitted From Nigeria As A Citizen? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Have You Given And Benefitted From Nigeria As A Citizen? (229 Views)

Show Evidence I Benefitted From N156m Slush Fund, Atiku Tells FG / INEC Website Shows How Buhari Benefitted From Manual Voting In 2015 / Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Have You Given And Benefitted From Nigeria As A Citizen? by Wisefellow(m): 1:44pm On Jun 08, 2021
I asked myself the above question and became sad because I am law abiding, pay tax and patriotic but situation of things are getting worse in the country. Is Nigeria redeemable with these set of rulers and politicians? I'm worried!

Re: What Have You Given And Benefitted From Nigeria As A Citizen? by ukaface(f): 1:47pm On Jun 08, 2021
I've given my sanity to Nigeria.

And I have never received anything good from this fvcked up country.
Re: What Have You Given And Benefitted From Nigeria As A Citizen? by Eazi1(m): 2:04pm On Jun 08, 2021
Wisefellow:
I asked myself the above question and became sad because I am law abiding, pay tax and patriotic but situation of things are getting worse in the country. Is Nigeria redeemable with these set of rulers and politicians? I'm worried!
I gave my best, I got nothing.
Re: What Have You Given And Benefitted From Nigeria As A Citizen? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 08, 2021
I have given my all and more.
Re: What Have You Given And Benefitted From Nigeria As A Citizen? by Monogamy: 2:05pm On Jun 08, 2021
Serving humanity shouldn't be about when one is in higher position..

Do your best and leave the rest

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Given And Benefitted From Nigeria As A Citizen? by socialmediaman: 2:06pm On Jun 08, 2021
Re: What Have You Given And Benefitted From Nigeria As A Citizen? by DICKstractor: 2:10pm On Jun 08, 2021
undecided

I've tried to be in peace with my neighbors.
I've been law abiding

But this country have given me nothing to be proud of
Re: What Have You Given And Benefitted From Nigeria As A Citizen? by socialmediaman: 2:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
Wisefellow:

Nigeria has nothing to offer it’s citizens. In fact, the life of an average Nigerian is worth little or nothing to Nigeria. You’re either privileged or lucky or you’re f*****ed! Activate your Plan B if you haven’t already.

Now imagine this! Even if everyone in Nigeria comes together to do the right thing including politicians and citizens (which has about 0.0000000001% chance of happening), it will take Nigeria decades, possibly over 20 years, to get back on track. Think about the bridges, roads, schools, hospitals, infrastructure, intellectual and technical capacity to build and manage these infrastructures etc.... then think about the money, where is it going to come from? Certainly not from the meager $35 billion annual budget. Think about external negative influences who don’t want you to succeed, who have the means to turn your people against you!

You get the picture now? Bro this is reality, forget about baseless hope, it’s also plenty in Somalia and Syria. It doesn’t come without works, and nobody is ready. We’re not ready, we were never ready, and we will may never be ready.
Re: What Have You Given And Benefitted From Nigeria As A Citizen? by Tinubuadvocate: 2:23pm On Jun 08, 2021
[s]
Wisefellow:
[/s]

What's your contribution to Nigeria have you ever do something to Nigeria.
Re: What Have You Given And Benefitted From Nigeria As A Citizen? by Tajbol4splend(m): 2:37pm On Jun 08, 2021
What I have given Nigeria

1 year in my NYSC

Being law abiding

I have my NIN/National ID Card

I have Voters ID Card

I don't jump queue

What Nigeria has given me

Bad Electricity

Poor road network

High cost of running business

High cost of living
Re: What Have You Given And Benefitted From Nigeria As A Citizen? by Ahmeduana(m): 2:53pm On Jun 08, 2021
Nothing, even a stick of broom, no.
Re: What Have You Given And Benefitted From Nigeria As A Citizen? by Wisefellow(m): 5:46pm On Jun 08, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
[s][/s]

What's your contribution to Nigeria have you ever do something to Nigeria.

I am contributing peace, not terror, to Nigeria by being responsible and abiding by the laws of the land. I am a tax payer with attributes expected from citizenry by Nigeria...
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength

Unfortunately, our rulers are unfaithful, disloyal and dishonest to Nigerians as well as serving themselves and their selfish pockets. They keep dividing the people along ethnic, political, religious lines for control and selfish interest. I hope you are not one of them.
God help us all...

(1) (Reply)

FEC Approves N895bn Draft Supplementary 2021 Budget / What's The Situation Of The June12 Protest Ln Your Area / Niger State Gov, Abubakar Sani Bello Felicitates With Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.