Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff (5269 Views)

EXCLUSIVE: Police Promotion List 2022, List Of Newly Promoted Police Offficers / How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job / Ecobank Nigeria Intensive Graduate Program 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by LolaAj2021: 2:23pm On Jun 08, 2021
Ecobank promoted about 350 staff without commensurate increase in pay. People expecting 100-120K increase got only about 7-17k. E shock you right? Na so e shock those staff too when May alert enter. Staff are crying, suffering and smiling. The bank is not in distress so why this decision from the Ecobank's management? As something like this happened in your organization?
Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Asquare84(m): 4:05pm On Jun 08, 2021
LolaAj2021:
Ecobank promoted about 350 staff without commensurate increase in pay. People expecting 100-120K increase got only about 7-17k. E shock you right? Na so e shock those staff too when May alert enter. Staff are crying, suffering and smiling. The bank is not in distress so why this decision from the Ecobank's management? As something like this happened in your organization?

be careful with the information you post on forum like this, it not everything you post on social media. yes nairaland is a faceless forum but you can be track through nairaland. when i was working in diamond bank, a staff lost his job because he made a negative comment against the bank M.D through the bank official twitter account.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2021
Asquare84:

be careful with the information you post on forum like this, it not everything you post on social media. yes nairaland is a faceless forum but you can be track through nairaland. when i was working in diamond bank, a staff lost his job because he made a negative comment against the bank M.D through the bank official twitter account.

So what if he's traced? He's then sacked? And after that, the problem ends? Seems Nigerians enable their oppressors.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Styluss: 5:15pm On Jun 08, 2021
Asquare84:

so... He shoukdnt complain?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Harddiskng(m): 5:42pm On Jun 08, 2021
Asquare84:

Abeg what brand of weed was he smoking, asking for a friend

13 Likes

Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Plomo: 6:35pm On Jun 08, 2021
Asquare84:

It’s people like you that will collect egunje to go and snatch ballot box.

So he shouldn’t speak out against what is wrong?

12 Likes

Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Shokoloko(f): 6:50pm On Jun 08, 2021
LolaAj2021:

How do you determine commensurate increase in pay? Is there a laid- down policy as to how much increase is required when staff are promoted?

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Connected1: 7:09pm On Jun 08, 2021
Suffer and Smile too.
It's a private institution and they can decide to sack you and nobody will care about you.
If it was a government own institution then you will have some supporters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Salliet(m): 7:11pm On Jun 08, 2021
Expecting 100 to 120k increment, I wonder how much the current pay is like...

It might surprise you that the 17k increment they got is what some dutiful teachers earn monthly.

It is well!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Salliet(m): 7:12pm On Jun 08, 2021

It might surprise you that the 17k increment they got is what some dutiful teachers earn monthly.

It is well!
LolaAj2021:

2 Likes

Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by benjanjo1: 7:27pm On Jun 08, 2021
Salliet:

It is well!

Bro! Before those peeps were promoted, their seniors were sacked to make way for them. They were probably expecting the same pay as their predecessors not knowing that those before them were let go because the bank wants to cut costs by reducing wage bill. This chikini money wey Ecobank add on top their previous salary, make dem accept am in good faith. It is better than being out of job

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by LolaAj2021: 8:13pm On Jun 08, 2021
Shokoloko:

How do you determine commensurate increase in pay? Is there a laid- down policy as to how much increase is required when staff are promoted?
Well there is a pay range for every career level.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Shokoloko(f): 8:20pm On Jun 08, 2021
LolaAj2021:

Well there is a pay range for every career level.

Its not a policy. Its at the discretion of the bank.

Long ago when I was still working in a Nigerian bank, they stopped promoting for over five years because they were trying to avoid this situation where people will complain about the meagre increase.
At some point, some of the staff started to ask the management to promote us without salary increase.

Please if you are a young banker (Especially in the branch, not head office) please put money together and get out of this country through immigration, If you are an older banker please put money together and get out of this country through schooling.

21 Likes

Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Burchester: 8:46pm On Jun 08, 2021
Shokoloko:

Long ago when I was still working in a Nigerian bank, they stopped promoting for over five years because they were trying to avoid this situation where people will complain about the meagre increase.
At some point, some of the staff started to ask the management to promote us without salary increase.

Please if you are a young banker (Especially in the branch, not head office) please put money together and get out of this country through immigration, If you are an older banker please put money together and get out of this country through schooling.

explain how to immigrate ??
Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Shokoloko(f): 8:52pm On Jun 08, 2021
Burchester:

explain how to immigrate ??

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Churchill6767: 9:14pm On Jun 08, 2021
Harddiskng:

Abeg what brand of weed was he smoking, asking for a friend

German Strain.
Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Ishilove: 9:29pm On Jun 08, 2021
Negative tales everywhere
Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by CelebCircle: 10:51pm On Jun 08, 2021
Davido Reacts To Prophet Who Said He Will Be Poisoned By His Close Friend

Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsqeVAM5MuI
Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Microwhy: 11:27pm On Jun 08, 2021
Asquare84:

And so... typical yoruba man.
So he shouldn't anonymously say something as ridiculous as scamming you newly promoted staffs..
Fear,.,fear,., Oga boy
Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Microwhy: 11:33pm On Jun 08, 2021
AmotekunSW:

You must be an incurable idiot to type this. Imagine what this worthless slave is saying.
Very very stupid asshole.
Was still angry with one of his type at work place that's why I'm still awake.
They're everywhere hypocrites.
If you discuss something private or seek opinion from them at work place, before you know it, it will travel from 0-100km/s

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by AeroplaneApple: 11:36pm On Jun 08, 2021
Asquare84:

I understand your position very well but OP is posting this out of frustration. Imagine being expectant and your expectations aren't fully met as promised /discussed.

Op too must have weigh his privacy and what he can lose if his anonymity fails.

https://www.nairaland.com/6592021/80000-naira-lo

https://www.nairaland.com/6592021/80000-naira-loan
Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by ibroh22(m): 6:43am On Jun 09, 2021
Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by LolaAj2021: 8:03am On Jun 09, 2021
Shokoloko:

You missed it again. Okay let me break it down for you

For example according to the policy/standard.
Level 1 - salary X
Level 2 - Level 1 salary(x) plus minimum 70k and up to 100k.
Level 3 - Level 2 salary plus 100k. This is the reality not assumption.

Now you moved from level 1 to 2 but then your salary remains at level 1 salary. So people already on level 2 earns far more than you do. Your pay for the level 2 is not even up to the minimum standard for level 2. And they did not announce salary reduction.

This is the breakdown i got. I hope you get it now.
Have a great day.

2 Likes

Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by lereinter(m): 9:14am On Jun 09, 2021
Asquare84:

Laughable

If the story is true, are you covering or aiding injustice or you just fear to speak out

Let the truth be told always Death is the end for everything
Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Reggaemich(m): 9:24am On Jun 09, 2021
Shokoloko:

That was what my neighbour said,

She said when she went to the airport, the airport was filled with people planning to travel out of the country

Everybody just they jakpa
Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 09, 2021
Ecobank is in throes of debt and they are winding up some branches

If they are employing and promoting in these harsh times, then it is something to cheer. N7-N17k is something

What about Dangote who gave 3months leave then sack/retirement/waka-go what would you say about that?

If they ask you what KPI in your JD you are successfully achieving now .. all you will see is 90% of productive company time spent on Social media tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by LolaAj2021: 10:16am On Jun 09, 2021
everydayperson:
Ecobank is in throes of debt and they are winding up some branches

If they are employing and promoting in these harsh times, then it is something to cheer. N7-N17k is something

What about Dangote who gave 3months leave then sack/retirement/waka-go what would you say about that?

If they ask you what KPI in your JD you are successfully achieving now .. all you will see is 90% of productive company time spent on Social media tongue
Talking like you know but you don't know anything. Face front.
Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Nwamauzor(f): 11:02am On Jun 09, 2021
Please can you give me a cost breakdown on how to get here with bus from mile2:

Learn Africa Plc,opposite Forte Oil filling station, Ikeja, Lagos
Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 09, 2021
LolaAj2021:

Talking like you know but you don't know anything. Face front.

you wey be sabi person tell us an.. face back like olosho wey no wear pant grin
Re: Ecobank Scammed Newly Promoted Staff by Salliet(m): 12:26pm On Jun 09, 2021
Microwhy:

And so..
That why all those indians and Chinese insult Nigerian graduates with peanut called salary.
So because you're collecting 17k as a teacher then a staff banker should always rejoice whenever he receive 100k alert at the end of the month.
Go upgrade yourself and stop thinking like a fool.
Seek for information and leave NCE holders with teaching.

So what warrant the insults. Meanwhile you appear to misunderstand the comments. How sad!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Workforce Interview Invitation / New FG Recruitment Age Requirement: What Will Be The Fate Of Applicants Above 30 / Total Oil And Gas OND Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.