Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria (662 Views)

TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC / US 2020 Election - Is TB Joshua's Prophecy On Trump, Biden Coming To Pass? / Benny Hinn's Confession And The Danger Of Pentecostalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by Hanibbal(m): 7:31am On Jun 09, 2021
I have read a lot about Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola and I was once a CAC member so I know a lot about him and his exploits. I have read about Orimolade of Cherubim and Seraphim and this great man of God called Benson Idahosa.

And the ones I am opportuned to witness the likes of Adeboye, Kumuyi, Oyedepo, Olukoya and the rest. These are great men of God too but I strongly believe Prophet T.B Joshua did more exploit than all these people in quality and quantity even though he was widely criticized as a satanist but this made me remember Apostle Paul's word.

I Corinthians 15:9-10

[10] But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

I need your opinion Nairalanders
Re: Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by surgebitcoin(m): 7:40am On Jun 09, 2021
No he's not

1 Like

Re: Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by Hanibbal(m): 8:00am On Jun 09, 2021
surgebitcoin:
No he's not

Give reasons.
Re: Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by Randy111(m): 8:13am On Jun 09, 2021
surgebitcoin:
No he's not

I personally believe he is. Not necessarily because he performs miracle but because of his magnitude of demonstration of love towards mankind. And Jesus expressly told us that 'by this will men know that we are mine, if ye have love...'

Love is the only thing that singles you out as God's own child and we all know that no other MOGs comes close to this prophet in this regard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by Hanibbal(m): 8:25am On Jun 09, 2021
Randy111:

I personally believe he is. Not necessarily because he performs miracle but because of his magnitude of demonstration of love towards mankind. And Jesus expressly told us that 'by this will men know that we are mine, if ye have love...'

Love is the only thing that singles you out as God's own child and we all know that no other MOGs comes close to this prophet in this regard.

Thank you sir. You said it all. Love is the greatest and he excelled at it than other MOGs in Nigeria.
Re: Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by emmabest2000(m): 9:01am On Jun 09, 2021
Apostle Suleman and Other Self acclaimed men of gods are all in fear these period

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by enilove(m): 9:10am On Jun 09, 2021
Hanibbal:
I have read a lot about Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola and I was once a CAC member so I know a lot about him and his exploits. I have read about Orimolade of Cherubim and Seraphim and this great man of God called Benson Idahosa.

And the ones I am opportuned to witness the likes of Adeboye, Kumuyi, Oyedepo, Olukoya and the rest. These are great men of God too but I strongly believe Prophet T.B Joshua did more exploit than all these people in terms of quality and quantity even though he was widely criticized as a satanist but this made me remember Apostle Paul's word.

[10] But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

He was not a man of God .

I have personal reasons for this .
Re: Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by Hanibbal(m): 9:12am On Jun 09, 2021
enilove:

He was not a man of God .

I have personal reasons for this .

You can't convince me until you tell me those personal reasons.
Re: Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by haddeylium(m): 9:21am On Jun 09, 2021
Randy111:

Hmnnn
When you say 'love' according to what Jesus commanded, do you mean his charity works?
Re: Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by Righteousness2(m): 10:01am On Jun 09, 2021
The ways of GOD are not the ways of man.

The Greatest is the one that does the will of GOD.
The Greatest is the one that is Given to the Heartbeat of GOD.

What is of Concern to GOD is not Miracle, Prophecies, philanthropism and all that. What Gives GOD Joy is Soul winning!

Soul winning is the Heart beat of GOD.

1 Like

Re: Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by Missyajoke(f): 10:13am On Jun 09, 2021
Hanibbal:

And the ones I am opportuned to witness the likes of Adeboye, Kumuyi, Oyedepo, Olukoya and the rest. These are great men of God too but I strongly believe Prophet T.B Joshua did more exploit than all these people in quality and quantity even though he was widely criticized as a satanist but this made me remember Apostle Paul's word.

Greatest where To you he might be great and to God he might be nothing. Have you ever prayed to God to reveal to you who TB Joshua his?? Guess no and here you are saying he his the greatest. Greatness is measured by the number of Souls you won to Christ's Kingdom. You think because he is philanthropist doesn't mean he's the greatest.

Nonsense post from a church goer, most of you just go to Church without knowing God's word.

1 Like

Re: Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by enilove(m): 10:21am On Jun 09, 2021
Hanibbal:

You can't convince me until you tell me those personal reasons.

1) In 1992 or thereabout I know someone who went to TB Joshua with their relatives and was given a paper with something written on it in a language they can't read and understand. And to be put under her pillow or tied to her clothes.
This evil for many reasons :

1) It was not a prayer points.
2) Not written in a language she could understand
3) No Bible scriptures quoted or given in the paper.
4) It is unscriptural to tie something on your clothe for protection like the herbalist.
5)The name of Jesus did not appear in what was written in that paper.

She had a terrible dream after using it .

Secondly , the ways he used to conduct his deliverance is demonic to me .

3) The Bible says if a prophet prophecy and does not come to pass , he may be a false prophet.
He prophesied about America's election and the prophecy failed.

3) He made open his charity to a fault which is against God's words :

Matthew 6:1-4 KJV
Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. [2] Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. [3] But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: [4] That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

4)God will always give you revelation regarding dangers about to happen to his children or the ones that could claim lives of people related to you or around you.
The building that collapsed in his church that claimed hundreds of life is an indications of which prophet he was .

5)Why selling anointed oil and water ? Is that scriptural?

Lastly , I watch a video where he told a teenage girl who had problem with her breasts to naked her breasts and asked her to press it to confirm the healing . This girl was ashamed and as she was doing it , you could see TB Joshua enjoying the show with his eyes fastened to her breasts. It was a show of shame and uncalled for .
Re: Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by Hanibbal(m): 11:15am On Jun 09, 2021
Missyajoke:

Greatest where To you he might be great and to God he might be nothing. Have you ever prayed to God to reveal to you who TB Joshua his?? Guess no and here you are saying he his the greatest. Greatness is measured by the number of Souls you won to Christ's Kingdom. You think because he is philanthropist doesn't mean he's the greatest.

Nonsense post from a church goer, most of you just go to Church without knowing God's word.

The prophets of Baal were disgraced before the God of Elijah it is not that Baal does not answer when those prophets call upon him but Baal had to submit to the supremacy of the only true God that day because Elijah carried the presence of GOD.

You called T.B Joshua a satanist yet he did mighty exploits more than you all. That means you people who call yourselves the real men of God don't know what you are doing. If you think T.B Joshua was a satanist yet he did mighty exploit more than you who call yourselves true men of God then shame on you all cause it's a disgrace to the name of christ for a satanist to shake the world than the self acclaimed Real men of God you people are Worshipping day and night.

T.B Joshua never scared anyone with tithe and offering he never preached money he was never greedy like most G.O in Nigeria. I have listened to Adeboye, Oyedepo and the rest threatening their congregation if they don't pay tithe, firstfruit. Adeboye once said we won't make heaven if we don't pay tithe is that not demonic sermon? And these are men gullible Nigerians revere as true men of GOD. I know the God I serve I don't worship mere mortals like me.

T.B Joshua's great works for christ speaks for him. Sebi what all of you were expecting is how the occults will start claiming is body after his death? Have you his critics not been disappointed?
Re: Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by Hanibbal(m): 11:26am On Jun 09, 2021
Missyajoke:

During the days of Elijah Satanists were disgraced they couldn't function on Mount Carmel, Bar-jesus/Elymas power failed when Paul confronted him and even commanded him to be blind, Look at the case of a satanist called Simon how he was disgraced and run out of business after Philip preached and demonstrated God's power in Samaria.

The magicians in Egypt were disgraced when Moses snake staff swallowed their own staff. So your real and true men of God in Nigeria should have been able to do mighty exploits than T.B Joshua you confused and envious Christians call satanist.

Yet TB Joshua you called a satanist waxed stronger for 32 years and excelled than all the self acclaimed real and true men of God you worship in the name of Daddy G.O and Daddy in the Lord. It saddens me how most Christians don't think.

You are the one who does not understand God's word here.

You don't have the knowledge of GOD I speak this to your shame. 1 Corinthians 15:34
Re: Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by Great2017: 11:37am On Jun 09, 2021
Missyajoke:

Let God be God and men be men. Who are you to preside over the judgement of men?

You claim to know the Word. Do you follow the Word? If you love Jesus, you will feed His sheep - the needy.

By your standard, the post is nonsensical and the person has become a church goer. I am happy because your disapproval may not necessarily be Jesus' disapproval.

How do you win a soul without love and affection? Jesus Christ showed so much compassion and love while on earth. How many persons have you showed love and compassion?

One of the greatest commandments from Jesus Christ is love. God loved us and demonstrated it. Jesus Christ loved us and demonstrated it. How many persons have you showed love?

T. B. Joshua had his own shortcomings but you cannot take charity and compassion out of the legacies he left behind especially to the poor. Among our "men of God", I am yet to see any of them that has come close to the charity work of T.B. Joshua.

God is the final arbiter.

1 Like

Re: Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by Randy111(m): 4:24pm On Jun 09, 2021
haddeylium:

Hmnnn
When you say 'love' according to what Jesus commanded, do you mean his charity works?

You may do well by defining love in whatever way you like and I will still prove it to you from ur own definition that TB Joshua exhibited it much more than the other GOs
Re: Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by Randy111(m): 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2021
Righteousness2:
The ways of GOD are not the ways of man.

The Greatest is the one that does the will of GOD.
The Greatest is the one that is Given to the Heartbeat of GOD.

What is of Concern to GOD is not Miracle, Prophecies, philanthropism and all that. What Gives GOD Joy is Soul winning!

Soul winning is the Heart beat of GOD.

You are wrong bro. If you go to a brothel for instant to preach as in winning souls. And leave believe many will still remain there after your preaching because they have no where to go to. But if after your preaching your give them another source of living, a good number of them will turn a new life and eventually be saved. An extremely hungry man may not even assimilate what you are saying in the name of preaching as a result of hunger. Remember Jesus having presched to the people for long discovered they where hungry and he decided to feed them too.

He said man shall not live by bread ALONE. It mean food and God's word are two things that complement each other in keeping a man alive both spiritually and physically. So don't rule out physical needs.

The problem is all those your daddy GOs don't care to feed God's flock instead they Rob the flock under the guise of feeding them with God's word. But watch it, one day God will cleans his house by judging those merchant that are trading in his temple again. Christ did it before and he will flush them again
Re: Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by perezeghi: 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2021
Hanibbal:

The quoted verse is not enough to say that he is the greatest. I do not know in what measure do you count his labours!!!!

Also for those who say because he practiced love that he is a true man of God......well that is not also any yardstick.

Our concern should rather be if he will make heaven.
Re: Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by HQofGilhem: 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2021
Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
Six Important Ways An Unbeliever Can Believe In God

Here are seven ways an Unbeliever can believe in God

1) You need to believe & seek Jesus Christ(Hope) and Holy Spirit ( Righteousness)

2) You need to believe in God's mighty works, creation of the universe, everything that abounds in it and the heavenly kingdom of God

3) You need to believe the almighty God has all power and can do all things

4) You need to believe the Words of God

5) You need to Fear God.

6) You need to live by the fruits of the Spirit

7) You need to praise, glorify by singing songs & hymns to as God an act of believe in God
Re: Is TB Joshua The Greatest Man Of God In The History Of Pentecostalism In Nigeria by Fiscus105(m): 8:06pm On Jun 09, 2021
Missyajoke:

Question is simple, who do you think is greatest?

Meanwhile where did you read that greatest is measured by winning souls alone?

Who told you tb Joshua wasnt won thosand of souls when he was alive?

Oga, Jesus was able to win souls during his earthly ministry owing to miracles signs and wonders he perfomed, Jesus himself attested to it that.......without signs and wonder you(people) won't beliv son of God .

Its very easy, very very easy to preach for someone to stop sins (win soul), but sins can only be easily left (soul winning) when one is delivered from bondage/yoke of Satan.

Oga you should stop leaving in self denial, TB Joshua did almost exactly what Jesus did in his earthly ministry.

I have never seen or heard any human being (dead or alive) that did or doing 1/2 of what he did in his life time. I stand to be corrected.

If you keep on listen to Pharisee and sadducee who are comderming him out of jealousy, sorry is ur name.

(1) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: "You Are Satanic" If You Sleep With A Girl You're Not Married To / The Lord Chosen Train Storms Bauchi State!!! / See Why Iron Is Not Used Inside Heaven, And Iron Is Forbidden On The Altar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.