Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

"Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban (73348 Views)

El-Rufai Reacts After A Peter Obi Supporter Reported His Tweet / El-Rufai Reacts as Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers' Salaries / El-Rufai Reacts As Beautiful Hausa Lady Shows Support For His Re-Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by MummyD2020(f): 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2021
Im not bothered with this Twitter wahala. But how will the people that do business with it now survive?
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by foreshore(m): 2:14pm On Jun 09, 2021
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by Lancer47(m): 2:15pm On Jun 09, 2021
See who is talking about freedom of
Speech
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by MummyD2020(f): 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2021
ChiefSosa:

TWITTER IS NOT LOSING ANY MONEY. SHOW ME PROOF. JACK DORSEY DOES NOT EVEN COLLECT SALARY. HAS TWITTER EVER CHARGED ANYONE FOR SERVICES OFFERED?? RATHER THEY EVEN PAY PEOPLE. YOU CONFIDENT ILLITERATES ALWAYS AMUSE ME. LOOK AT THE MÓRONS THAT WANT TO SANCTION TWITTER, WHEN YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE THANKING TWITTER FOR EVERYTHING THEY HAVE DONE AND ARE DOING.

Chineke!! Confident illiterate kwa? I love your response
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by Basicend: 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2021
Am not a Buhari supporter or advocate. Infact the guy has failed woefully.

But the Twitter ban is OK as far as am concerned. They are very biased and rude need to be dealth with.
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by DavDam(m): 2:18pm On Jun 09, 2021
"common sense is not so common."
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by Masterkernel1: 2:22pm On Jun 09, 2021
Badsatan:
Ya papa abi

Do you have one?
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by AnanseK(m): 2:28pm On Jun 09, 2021
socialmediaman:
If the US takes notice of the tyrant’s human rights violations, this Twitter ban will be an opportunity to impose sanctions on Nigeria. What do you think will happen if the US imposes sanctions on Nigeria? Join the conversation:

https://www.nairaland.com/6591611/what-happen-nigeria-us-imposed

Nothing will happen. Nigeria will also impose sanction on the US , that’s all.
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by AnanseK(m): 2:31pm On Jun 09, 2021
ChiefSosa:

TWITTER IS NOT LOSING ANY MONEY. SHOW ME PROOF. JACK DORSEY DOES NOT EVEN COLLECT SALARY. HAS TWITTER EVER CHARGED ANYONE FOR SERVICES OFFERED?? RATHER THEY EVEN PAY PEOPLE. YOU CONFIDENT ILLITERATES ALWAYS AMUSE ME. LOOK AT THE MÓRONS THAT WANT TO SANCTION TWITTER, WHEN YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE THANKING TWITTER FOR EVERYTHING THEY HAVE DONE AND ARE DOING.

So in your small mind Twitter is a Charity Organization?
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by maasoap(m): 2:31pm On Jun 09, 2021
Wizzzzmike:

Why you Nigerians hate Ghana and Ghanaians like that lol... Nigeria is not bigger than rest of Africa Nigeria is not the fvckin target

Of course, we are! It is not even debatable.

dunce.

Your father is a dunce.
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by jonnypie(m): 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2021
OmoOgunOriginal:

He has constitutional immunity. He literally cam kill you and won't go to jail

Just as he has been killing your family and village people, some youth are just so daft than the vegetable in aso ebi... Ode nla...
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by ransomed: 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2021
FG. Buhari and lie Mohammed were not there when we registered with Twitter personally. Why must they tell us to do away with Twitter collectively?
Ekwensu is ruling Nigerians.
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by Awoo88: 2:39pm On Jun 09, 2021
This idiot can not do without Twitter
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by EnlightenedUFO: 2:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by okpiewon(m): 2:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by Awoo88: 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
AnanseK:

Nothing will happen. Nigeria will also[b] impose sanction on the U[/b]S , that’s all.
E like say you forget your medicine
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by Calicoe: 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2021
This man, lai, bubu. D 3 amigos. They have never disagreed on anything once. If bubu decides to ban d use of phones, they will agree it is d right thing to do. The most sentimental people in Nigeria
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 09, 2021
Wittyduchess:
Do same? ,so you mean you would have equally brought fulani jihadists from Mali, Niger republic and all over africa, give them arms incase you don't win the next attempt to become the president while making promises?

So if you were buhari ,you would give the army a command to protect the jihadists despite killing your people simply because you want to keep your promise?
You are taking this thing to a ridiculous extreme duchess. It's obvious we're not talking about the same thing.
I'm talking about twitter while you're talking about jihad and Niger Republic and what not. Clearly not the same thing.
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by socialmediaman: 2:53pm On Jun 09, 2021
AnanseK:

Nothing will happen. Nigeria will also impose sanction on the US , that’s all.

If we can’t sell our oil you think the government can withstand the hardship for 1 month? How will they explain to Nigerians they can’t pay salaries? You thought about insecurity as well?
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 09, 2021
lexy2014:

with all d issues bedeviling Nigeria, from inflation, a failing economy, rising unemployment, kidnappings, failing infrastructure, failure on d part of govt to render public service, corruption e.t.c., it is Twitter that u and d govt feels is d most important issue at hand. As we speak, about 200 school kids are still in captivity. Nigeria can't deliver something as simple as passport to it's people and u say nigeria is a sovereign nation. Electricity is still epileptic in many parts of nigeria. So is deleting buharis tweet a more important issue than d business of governance which this govt has failed at deliveriing?
oga I'm not a fan of Buhari and his style of governance, but you don't expect me to disagree with him on every issue.
With the way you're emotionally charged right now, I'm very sure if you're a mod, you would have suspended me from nairaland indefinitely. There's no correlation between what you wrote up there (which I agree with by the way) and my opinion. Which is that, it was pointless for twitter to delete the presidents tweet. Buhari's reaction may have been too extreme, but given the situation, if I were president, I might have done the same thing too. Banned twitter.
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by Brown2012: 3:00pm On Jun 09, 2021
kirajustice:

https://politicsnigeria.com/who-the-hell-are-they-to-set-standards-for-free-speech-el-rufai-reacts-to-twitter-ban/
He is talking of free speech in a country were if you speak they will use Dss and finish you. When evil people start wailing about the same evil they meted to others is now been served back to them.
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2021
Legendforte:

Please don't do that. Somebody help.....

Werey! grin

1 Like

Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 3:03pm On Jun 09, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Ode jati jati, una too like free things. You want them to run "Promoted tweets and Accounts" for you free of charge, so you'll pocket the entire profit and gain customers. You approached them for Business services, yet you don't want to pay. Na your type dey price haircut for salon. Na ur type go wan buy 100 naira suya but una go dey collect "taste" anyhow. No be money dem dey use take dey find money? Check the price range from promoted tweets and accounts, you'll see that you're making the most money. Jack collects just $1.40 annually while his ideas make Countries like Nigeria millions of dollars daily. You're of no use to him. Y'all came to him, he didn't come for you. Deactivate your account. Nobody gives a fúck or will miss your bítch ass. You've done it before and you ended up creating other accounts. Don't make me pull out your receipts.

Rantings of a mad man! grin
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by cyprex: 3:06pm On Jun 09, 2021
socialmediaman:
If the US takes notice of the tyrant’s human rights violations, this Twitter ban will be an opportunity to impose sanctions on Nigeria. What do you think will happen if the US imposes sanctions on Nigeria? Join the conversation:

https://www.nairaland.com/6591611/what-happen-nigeria-us-imposed

Arrant nonsense, how on earth would a nations decision (irrespective of motive) to control use of a social media or out rightly ban use of any of such be an issue to attract sanction?
Gentlemen let us not let our frustration about government action make us turn our nation to tissue paper worth!!!
It does not worth it , it is preposterous for us to begin any debate about American imposing sanctions on us because of twitter ban
America is just a nation as Nigeria is also so we are both sovereign states.
It smacks of inferiority to raise this nonsensical issue as this not to talk of engaging in the discuss at all

1 Like

Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2021
cyprex:

Arrant nonsense, how on earth would a nations decision (irrespective of motive) to control use of a social media or out rightly ban use of any of such be an issue to attract sanction?
Gentlemen let us not let our frustration about government action make us turn our nation to tissue paper worth!!!
It does not worth it , it is preposterous for us to begin any debate about American imposing sanctions on us because of twitter ban
It smacks of inferiority to raise this nonsensical issue as this not to talk of engaging in the discuss at all
They may label you a Buhari supporter and a BMC if you're not careful grin
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by Tzar(m): 3:12pm On Jun 09, 2021
This dictatorial dwarf who has consistently benefitted from the Nigerian rot again?!

It is not your fault, I blame the Southern founding fathers and other Southern leaders who allow your type to benefit from policies skewed in favor of the North. How you earned a 1st class from ABU is still suspect to me.

kirajustice:

https://politicsnigeria.com/who-the-hell-are-they-to-set-standards-for-free-speech-el-rufai-reacts-to-twitter-ban/
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by socialmediaman: 3:13pm On Jun 09, 2021
cyprex:

On a serious note, how much is our struggling economy worth to the world? South Africa’s $9 billion internet revenue is a quarter of Nigeria’s entire budget. Please show me some data so we can have an informed argument, don’t come at me without numbers. We know we’re the richest economy in the world (at least in some people’s heads), now show me data and let’s discuss this further

This government has serious human rights abuse allegations against it, and while you see this as just a Twitter ban, many others see it as an attempt to shut down dissenting voices and freedom of expression. We’re looking from different lenses

1 Like

Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 3:13pm On Jun 09, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Should such immunity exist?

That's a good question. Go and meet your Senator or Rep member to remove it
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by sugarfrank(m): 3:13pm On Jun 09, 2021
Demented illuliputian.
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by Owologbo(m): 3:23pm On Jun 09, 2021
kirajustice:

This same idi0t that tweeted after they banned Twitter?
Only BMC take this thing serious.
Re: "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban by lexy2014: 3:26pm On Jun 09, 2021
safesurfer:

With the way you're emotionally charged right now, I'm very sure if you're a mod, you would have suspended me from nairaland indefinitely. There's no correlation between what you wrote up there (which I agree with by the way) and my opinion.

Speaking of correlation, how does ur comment above correlate with what I said? What has being d mod& suspension got to do with d post I made? How did u arrive at ur conclusion? Can u kindly identify d "emotionally charged" u are referring to?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See How Saraki Was Received As He Arrives Iiorin Despite His Defeat(photos) / Obasanjo Meets Patience And Goodluck Jonathan In Otueke (Photos) / APC Leaders Visit Jonathan In his Otuoke Residence (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.