Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,286 members, 7,954,144 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:00 PM

Every Nigerian Has Failed The Country; Change Your Mindset! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Every Nigerian Has Failed The Country; Change Your Mindset! (383 Views)

A Nigerian Has Collected A Hard Copy Of Tinubu’s Drug Case From The US Court / Why Should A Country Change Its Currency Just To Stop Tinubu? / 'Federal Government Has Failed' - Dino Melaye As He Shares New Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every Nigerian Has Failed The Country; Change Your Mindset! by imagrg(m): 12:55pm On Jun 09, 2021
Sometimes when I observe certain criminal activities perpetrated without regards to the law and ethics of the country by some Nigerians on daily basis, I always wished I could denounce my natural citizenship!

I was born into a Nigeria that was almost at the fringe of war in the mid sixties and at that early age, I witnessed gory scenes as the war started because I lived with my parents and siblings in the Northern part of the country where the Ibos living there were killed and dehumanized. There was mass looting and rape. And because it was a state of lawlessness then, no one cared to protect the weak. There was starvation. As Southerners living in the North, we all had it rough too as the Northerners could hardly distinguish between an Ibo and people from the South-South. But today this is history.

Nigeria had a good time after the war and enjoyed largesse of the oil boom under the leadership of General Yakubu Gowon. But later due to mass corruption and ineptitude of the later civilian government, our economy began to experience a nose-dive into oblivion. Our currency began to decrease in value so was our international status. This later development started affecting the ordinary citizens socially, politically and economically. There was a high rate of unemployment and the moral of, particularly the youths started to depreciate as well. Most people started to explore all means to make ends meet, both legally and illegally. This set a stage for criminality and illegality.

Criminality was gradually built up and nurtured in stages and tagged with so many names: misappropriation of public treasury and fraud. Later with the introduction of the internet, the youth stole the show and started staring in the show of cyber and advance fee fraud. Various bodies and institutions were created by the Federal Government to forestall crime in the country but it got to an extent that even those who enforced the law were also found wanting and accused of breaking the law!

Nigerias have sinned against God and humanity because, the crime most Nigerians commit in this country on daily basis: Fraud, killings, robbery, kidnapping, rape, indolence, looting, increasing the prices of essential commodities selfishly, greed, tribalism...the list is long oh ..has created a negative aura for every Nigerian globally. Anywhere a Nigerian hops into in the world, he or she is regarded with suspicion once his identity is disclosed!

Most often, we blame the government for our individual wrong. But by the way, who voted our leaders into power? We did of course, sometimes, fraudulently.

An adage has it that, it is the moment a madman realises he is mad that his madness stops. Now that we have realised that we are collectively responsible for the country's social, political and economic travails, it is time we have a reorientation of minds and attitude towards one another and particularly reset our mindset towards fostering the noble ideals of our great country, Nigeria. This can only be realised in an atmosphere of peace, honesty, discipline, equitable distribution of wealth, true spirit of nationalism, justice and fair-play. The aforementioned are not utopia; they are 'realiseable' objectives. Let us all shun warfare and tribal hate and embrace peace now as a panacea for onward march towards egalitarianism to make Nigeria great and respected globally once again!

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Has Failed The Country; Change Your Mindset! by blazepascal(m): 1:05pm On Jun 09, 2021
Not just Nigeria.The world is gone.
Re: Every Nigerian Has Failed The Country; Change Your Mindset! by MansoryMX(m): 1:22pm On Jun 09, 2021
imagrg:
Sometimes when I observe certain criminal activities perpetrated without regards to the law and ethics of the country by some Nigerians on daily basis, I always wished I could denounce my natural citizenship!

I was born into a Nigeria that was almost at the fringe of war in the mid sixties and at that early age, I witnessed gory scenes as the war started because I lived with my parents and siblings in the Northern part of the country where the Ibos living there were killed and dehumanized. There was mass looting and rape. And because it was a state of lawlessness then, no one cared to protect the weak. There was starvation. As Southerners living in the North, we all had it rough too as the Northerners could hardly distinguish between an Ibo and people from the South-South. But today this is history.

Nigeria had a good time after the war and enjoyed largesse of the oil boom under the leadership of General Yakubu Gowon. But later due to mass corruption and ineptitude of the later civilian government, our economy began to experience a nose-dive into oblivion. Our currency began to decrease in value so was our international status. This later development started affecting the ordinary citizens socially, politically and economically. There was a high rate of unemployment and the moral of, particularly the youths started to depreciate as well. Most people started to explore all means to make ends meet, both legally and illegally. This set a stage for criminality and illegality.

Criminality was gradually built up and nurtured in stages and tagged with so many names: misappropriation of public treasury and fraud. Later with the introduction of the internet, the youth stole the show and started staring in the show of cyber and advance fee fraud. Various bodies and institutions were created by the Federal Government to forestall crime in the country but it got to an extent that even those who enforced the law were also found wanting and accused of breaking the law!

Nigerias have sinned against God and humanity because, the crime most Nigerians commit in this country on daily basis: Fraud, killings, robbery, kidnapping, rape, indolence, looting, increasing the prices of essential commodities selfishly, greed, tribalism...the list is long oh ..has created a negative aura for every Nigerian globally. Anywhere a Nigerian hops into in the world, he or she is regarded with suspicion once his identity is disclosed!

Most often, we blame the government for our individual wrong. But by the way, who voted our leaders into power? We did of course, sometimes, fraudulently.

An adage has it that, it is the moment a madman realises he is mad that his madness stops. Now that we have realised that we are collectively responsible for the country's social, political and economic travails, it is time we have a reorientation of minds and attitude towards one another and particularly reset our mindset towards fostering the noble ideals of our great country, Nigeria. This can only be realised in an atmosphere of peace, honesty, discipline, equitable distribution of wealth, true spirit of nationalism, justice and fair-play. The aforementioned are not utopia; they are 'realiseable' objectives. Let us all shun warfare and tribal hate and embrace peace now as a panacea for onward march towards egalitarianism to make Nigeria great and respected globally once again!

The only mindset people needs to change is believing One Nigeria when Fulani are on a mission to take over the whole country and make it an official Fulani country. A very country of theirs, a place they will call ancestral home. They can have the North as far the Hausas is concern but they can’t have other regions if not they will all die and perish in their quest to take over other people’s lives and properties.

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Has Failed The Country; Change Your Mindset! by imagrg(m): 7:08am On Jun 14, 2021
We need peace and stability to make Nigeria great again!
Re: Every Nigerian Has Failed The Country; Change Your Mindset! by imagrg(m): 7:26pm On Jun 16, 2021
Many have lost their conscience to vanity!
Re: Every Nigerian Has Failed The Country; Change Your Mindset! by Akudaisi: 7:33pm On Jun 16, 2021
This Op is among those that voted for Buhari and are still sympathetic for him,you and your likes will suffer for 600years

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Has Failed The Country; Change Your Mindset! by imagrg(m): 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2021
Your mindset needs a reset.
Nigeria is ours. Let's help to recreate a New Nigeria devoid of greed and tribal hate.
Akudaisi:
This Op is among those that voted for Buhari and are still sympathetic for him,you and your likes will suffer for 600years
Re: Every Nigerian Has Failed The Country; Change Your Mindset! by imagrg(m): 6:46pm On Jun 21, 2021
Time to change our negative 'money-minded' orientation and ask, what we can do for the country; not what the country can do for us!
Greed, nepotism, tribal and religious sentiments are bane to economic growth and development.
Re: Every Nigerian Has Failed The Country; Change Your Mindset! by imagrg(m): 3:02pm On Jun 27, 2021
That there is hunger in the country could be traced to the obnoxious activities of some selfish and vicious individuals in the country.
Re: Every Nigerian Has Failed The Country; Change Your Mindset! by ajailer(m): 3:54pm On Jun 27, 2021
imagrg:
That there is hunger in the country could be traced to the obnoxious activities of some selfish and vicious individuals in the country.

Go preach this to the northerners first and see if they will have a Change of mind with this their attitude of violence before u tell it to a southerner.
Re: Every Nigerian Has Failed The Country; Change Your Mindset! by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2021
How do you clowns expect a country that lives in darkness and in misery to produce anything good? U can't plant onions and reap apples,
It's just commonsense!

(1) (Reply)

Female Councillor Empowers Constituents, Grades Roads For Commuters In A'ibom / Boko Haram: Operation Hadin Kai Gets New Theatre Commander / Cowardice Of The Unknown Gun Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.