Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Nairalanders Help My Female Friend - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalanders Help My Female Friend (2125 Views)

Nairalanders Help Me- I Need Patronage. / Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? / Boy Goes Over To Neighbour's House To Pick His Female Friend For School Everyday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by ArcFresky(m): 1:47pm On Jun 09, 2021
Guys this is serious,
A good friend of mine, is having issues, financial issues actually and wants to commit suicide.

She took loans to pay her way through final year in school, now the girl has graduated, but no job.

Due to her being desperate then, her loans were from different companies with high interest rates as much as 50% by my calculations, which equals a total of #250k plus.

These companies did not even verify if she had the means to pay, all they got from her were her account details and phone numbers of her guarantors.

She never informed me and others she used as guarantors, untill I started getting annoying messages from the companies, labelling her a scammer and whatnot.

Right now the girl is contemplating suicide, and while I have tried as much as I can, Its painful that what I have is not going to be enough at all.

So I am here seeking Nairalanders help, I have never asked for something like this, and I hope I will never ask.

I have been on NL since 2010, and am not about to lose my integrity over 250k, but it is what it is.

I will be glad if someone has a job for her, she stays around IBAFO. She has a HNd from Auchi Poly, Business admin ( am not sure of her course).
She's honest, kind, works hard, Serves her God, always smiling.

She also has some experience selling goods for a retail company on Jumia.

Her phone number is
0807436970, Gladys.

Thanks and God bless

I will be attaching screenshot of the messages her loan sharks have been sending me

Thanks to those that called or helped her, she's grateful
Re: Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by ArcFresky(m): 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2021
Her number is unreachable right now. cry cry cry
Re: Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by sheepheart(f): 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2021
Omg I feel so much pain for cos I can relate. She should please hold on a little more. There's still gleams of hope out there for her.
Too many suicidal situations in the air these days. Father Lord pleas send help to your distressed children. cry cry cry
Re: Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by VlamesIffect(f): 5:45pm On Jun 09, 2021
Your friend borrowed money to go to school at that interest rate?

Na wa o.

Make dem loan sharks do their worst jare....

Let her not kill herself....

Na who dey alive dey get job
Re: Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by JeffreyJunior: 3:40am On Jun 10, 2021
The girl's family can be richer than 250k if they know their rights and can get a good attorney.

The text message is defamatory to the entire family especially her father who was not part of the loan.

This is pure madness and hell be let lose if any idiot disrespect my family's name like this just because someone with my surname took a loan from them. sad
Re: Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by Ukpayahor: 10:58am On Jun 10, 2021
She has nothing to be worried about, shame cannot catch me for this kind matter. Y shame go dey catch her, she steal? No! Na money she borrow and when she get she pay back! This loan companies can only get their money from me after this when they fit find me see, arrest me. I will only pay because I need my Freedom not because of defamatory messages! People she dey shame for, when she needed the money dey for nor give her so why I come dey shame for them. Na owe I owe, I nor kill, I nor steal, I nor rape. What's the shame in it? She should go about her normal activities. People she dey shame for so how much them contribute make she fit pay back. You don't need anyone approval or be in their good books. Even Nigeria dey owe boldly with pride

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by meobizy(f): 1:33pm On Jun 10, 2021
Tell her to enter the street at night. She’ll make the money in under a week. All these Yahoo boys come under the guise of my friend, neighbour, step brother and cousin. Mscheew.
Re: Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by Nezzjnr: 1:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
Government needs to start cautioning those loan apps.

I have seen a lot of Terrible stories about them
Re: Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by ArcFresky(m): 6:30pm On Jun 15, 2021
meobizy:
Tell her to enter the street at night. She’ll make the money in under a week. All these Yahoo boys come under the guise of my friend, neighbour, step brother and cousin. Mscheew.

Lol, She can't do that jare.
Re: Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by Ishilove: 11:22pm On Jun 15, 2021
JeffreyJunior:
The girl's family can be richer than 250k if they know their rights and can get a good attorney.

The text message is defamatory to the entire family especially her father who was not part of the loan.

This is pure madness and hell be let lose if any idiot disrespect my family's name like this just because someone with my surname took a loan from them. sad
There are terms and conditions attached to the loans. You essentially grant them access to your contact details once you download their apps, and the reserve the right to recover their funds in any way possible. It's what you sign up for when you take loans from them and is legally binding. It happened to someone I work with and I got a message from them after she defaulted in repayment.

Don't enter their trap if you don't know how to dig your way out.

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by JeffreyJunior: 5:56am On Jun 16, 2021
Ishilove:

There are terms and conditions attached to the loans. You essentially grant them access to your contact details once you download their apps, and the reserve the right to recover their funds in any way possible. It's what you sign up for when you take loans from them and is legally binding. It happened to someone I work with and I got a message from them after she defaulted in repayment.

Do the terms and conditions involve all members of one's family?

Babygirl, no one will drag my papa name and know peace. If the courts don't do their job because your own connection pass mine, I will go the force way to deal with such a situation.

If someone with my surname owes them and they decide to drag my papa name in the mud, they are calling for war and I will give it to them in my own little way starting with the mumu secretary that sends the SMS.
Re: Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by Ishilove: 6:44am On Jun 16, 2021
JeffreyJunior:
Do the terms and conditions involve all members of one's family?

Babygirl, no one will drag my papa name and know peace. If the courts don't do their job because your own connection pass mine, I will go the force way to deal with such a situation.

If someone with my surname owes them and they decide to drag my papa name in the mud, they are calling for war and I will give it to them in my own little way starting with the mumu secretary that sends the SMS.
If all the members of your family are in your contacts, then yes, they will also be involved because the moment you click on 'I Agree' it is legally binding. There are many rabbit holes in all these agreements that people overlook when signing digitally and even on paper. Abi no be you carry yourself go meet them? You will have to play by their rules because you have given them the legal ground to.
Re: Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by naptu2: 6:52am On Jun 16, 2021
Ishilove:

If all the members of your family are in your contacts, then yes, they will also be involved because the moment you click on 'I Agree' it is legally binding. There are many rabbit holes in all these agreements that people overlook when signing digitally and even on paper. Abi no be you carry yourself go meet them? You will have to play by their rules because you have given them the legal ground to.

It doesn't work that way. They only have dealings with the person who took a loan. They need to be very careful about the kind of messages that they send to other people. The other contacts did not sign any agreement with the loan sharks and the loan sharks need to be really very careful about the kind of messages that they send to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by kingreign(m): 6:59am On Jun 16, 2021
meobizy:
Tell her to enter the street at night. She’ll make the money in under a week . All these Yahoo boys come under the guise of my friend, neighbour, step brother and cousin. Mscheew.

You must be very stűpïd for making such suggestions without verifying if the story is true or not. The fact that you're into prostitution and all other demeaning ventures shouldn't make you suggest same for others in dire situations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by kingreign(m): 7:06am On Jun 16, 2021
Ishilove:

There are terms and conditions attached to the loans. You essentially grant them access to your contact details once you download their apps, and the reserve the right to recover their funds in any way possible . It's what you sign up for when you take loans from them and is legally binding. It happened to someone I work with and I got a message from them after she defaulted in repayment.

Babe, there are better ways to recover a loan rather than result to blackmailing and defamation of characters. It's just a loan that is about to go bad because the receiver hasn't paid. What happened to giving a loan whilst keeping custody of a valued property such as credentials, or lands or vehicles as collateral?

A loan can be paid even when it's gone past it agreed date, a damaged reputation is hard (near impossible) to repair.

The moves these loan shark companies makes, if someone wishes to drag matter with them, na heavy legal case which they can't win.
Re: Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by Ishilove: 8:43am On Jun 16, 2021
kingreign:

Babe, there are better ways to recover a loan rather than result to blackmailing and defamation of characters. It's just a loan that is about to go bad because the receiver hasn't paid. What happened to giving a loan whilst keeping custody of a valued property such as credentials, or lands or vehicles as collateral?

A loan can be paid even when it's gone past it agreed date, a damaged reputation is hard (near impossible) to repair.

The moves these loan shark companies makes, if someone wishes to drag matter with them, na heavy legal case which they can't win.

And if the the person no come get anything of value except their source of income nko? If they don't take extreme measures, most of these sharks would have been out of business a long time ago. After it happened to my colleague, the lady paid back in two days because of the psychological trauma.

It's just business.
Re: Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by Ishilove: 8:44am On Jun 16, 2021
naptu2:

It doesn't work that way. They only have dealings with the person who took a loan. They need to be very careful about the kind of messages that they send to other people. The other contacts did not sign any agreement with the loan sharks and the loan sharks need to be really very careful about the kind of messages that they send to them.
The message is usually in this format below-
Basically it's a form of psychological warfare which they embark on to recover their funds from defaulters. When you signed up with them, you agreed for them to recover their money through any means possible.

Re: Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by benjida: 2:35pm On Jun 18, 2021
The phone number you gave is not complete.
Re: Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by thorpido(m): 3:17pm On Jun 18, 2021
Nezzjnr:
Government needs to start cautioning those loan apps.

I have seen a lot of Terrible stories about them
I don't think they are breaking any rules.
It's business and they are doing it dirty,if that's the only way they can recover their money.
Re: Nairalanders Help My Female Friend by ArcFresky(m): 8:50am On Jun 28, 2021
benjida:
The phone number you gave is not complete.

(1) (Reply)

Gsm Telecom Business Ideas That Work / Pls Help I Dnt Knw What To Do / Indian Woman Give Birth To 11baby boys: +photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.