Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

What TB Joshua Said About His Mother And Father (Photos) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What TB Joshua Said About His Mother And Father (Photos) (74408 Views)

Fani-Kayode: What TB Joshua Told Me + Why Some Nigerian Pastors Hated Him / Joshua Iginla: What TB Joshua Said When I Told Him He Was Going To Die / TB Joshua Said Coronavirus Will Be Over On 27th March, Tomorrow. Today Is 26th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What TB Joshua Said About His Mother And Father (Photos) by Empiree: 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2021
thorpido:
Who are the Christians that disagree?You sure they are Christians?The Bible is the standard,the understanding differs.
I have dialogued with Christians on this platform since 2014 and I know different beliefs of you guys. Many of them believe John 14:16 is Angel Gabriel.

John 14:16 says And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Again,did Muhammed abide forever?
this is where you need to apply wisdom and tawil (interpretation). No human being lives forever, not even Angels. This means the message brought by the lady Prophet Muhammad would live forever. QUR'AN is the only Divine revelation that is not distorted today and forever. His religious practices are forever.

Verse 17 gives you a clearer picture.It says, Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. Was Muhammed a spirit?Was he invisible?Again it says 'shall be in you'.Can Muhammed physically dwell inside another being?
You Muslims see these words but you just must twist it to fit your desires.
but you have failed to give who the comforter is. Remember some translators used "holy spirit" like you did just now. It is meant to confused reading audience. Original Greek word is not holy spirit but (periclytos) which is almost the exact translation of the Aramaic or Hebrew word (Mauhamana) used by Jesus himself, and which correlates with the name Muhammad .”.

Anyways, YES VERY TRUE John 14:16 is talking about The Beloved Prophet Muhammad and here is what approves this Ultimate Truth:

1- John 14:16

“And I will pray the Father (My Lord), and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever."

2- John14:26

”But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”

3- John 14:30

“Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.”

Again, pls note:

"The word Comforter is the English translation of the Greek word (periclytos) which is almost the exact translation of the Aramaic or Hebrew word (Mauhamana) used by Jesus himself, and which correlates with the name Muhammad .”

In verse 16,

The emphasis here is on the word "ANOTHER" an other, a different one, an additional one, but of the same kind, yet distinctly different from the first. Who is then the first Comforter?

It is very obvious that Jesus is the First Comforter; then the other, the one to follow must be of like nature subject to the same conditions of hunger, thirst, fatigue, sorrow and death. However, this promised Comforter was to "abide with you FOR EVER". No one lives for ever, Jesus was mortal so must the coming Comforter also be mortal.

No son of man can ever be immortal. "Every soul shall have a taste of death." The Holy Qur`an Sura Al-Imran : 185

But here Jesus according to this verse is telling

" ABIDE" continue , endure for ever. All Comforters are with us forever. Moses is here with us today in his teachings, Jesus is here with us in his teachings, and Muhammad also is here with us in his teachings (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon them all).

Therefore we can now understand that Jesus was speaking here about: “ Muhammad “the most remarkable man that ever set foot on this earth. A man who preached a religion, founded a state, built a nation, laid down a moral code, initiated numberless social and political reforms, established a dynamic and powerful society to practice and represent his teachings, and completely revolutionized the worlds of human thought and action for all times to come.

In verse 26

Jesus {P.B.u.h.} mentions this next prophet (comforter) and calls him the Holy Ghost. The term “Holy Ghost” was used to describe, angel or scripture. That is from Allah. This term was never used to describe one particular thing or person.

So Jesus says the father "Allah" will send to this prophet (Holy Ghost).

Jesus in addition, says that this prophet will teach you things and mention my name. Prophet MUHAMMAD and his followers (the Companions May Allah be pleased with all of them), had no previous knowledge of Bible scriptures, yet Prophet Muhammad related the story of Jesus in the Holy Qur'an. Jesus also says that Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon them all), will tell you everything that I have said to you.

Prophet Muhammad in fact, described in detail many important stories and facts about Jesus ; that were not in the New Testament. The Holy Qur'an mentions stories that the Christians did not know or could not deny.

Neither the Jews, nor any nation ever mentioned the name of Jesus, as the Muslims did. Moreover, no one has called Christians to revert to the true religion of Jesus Christ which is “Islam” except Muslims.

Continue.....
Re: What TB Joshua Said About His Mother And Father (Photos) by Empiree: 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2021
thorpido:

John 14:16 says And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Again,did Muhammed abide forever?
Verse 17 gives you a clearer picture.It says, Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. Was Muhammed a spirit?Was he invisible?Again it says 'shall be in you'.Can Muhammed physically dwell inside another being?
You Muslims see these words but you just must twist it to fit your desires.

In verse 30:

"Jesus {P.B.u.h.} says that he does not have to explain much of Allah's law to the people. Because the next prophet, “the prince of the world “MUHAMMAD will teach the people everything.”

Jesus also says that this future Prophet is not Jesus (and hath nothing in me).

4- John 16:7

“Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I go not away, the COMFORTER WILL NOT COME UNTO YOU; but if I depart, I will send him unto you .

5- John 16:13

How be it when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear , that he speak : he will show you things to come

6- John 16:14

14- He shall glorify me; for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you.

In verse 7

Jesus says it is better for the people that he will leave because the comforter will bring the truth, the completed religion. Jesus also tells the people that the comforter is a stronger more potent, Prophet than Jesus, when he says " it is expedient for you that I go away. "

Jesus was also, saying that in his departure will be the reason for the coming of the next Prophet's coming , not that Jesus will personally send the comforter. Jesus also says he must leave because " the comforter (praised one – Ahmed) will not come unto you until he leaves.

In verse 13

Jesus says that the spirit of Truth will guide you from what he hears and therefore these truths do not come from himself but from Allah through the angel Gabriel. Also that Prophet Muhammad will tell you many prophecies of future things.

In verse 14:

Jesus is describing how Prophet MUHAMMAD (Peace be upon them both) , through the Holy Qur'an, will tell his followers that Jesus is a Prophet, and relate the true story of what had really happened to Jesus .

Now read again what Allah said in the Noble Qur'an

"And[mention] when Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "O Children of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of Allah to you confirming what came before me of the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmed. But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, "This is obvious magic.” (The Qur’an 61:6)"

Notes:

A: “In (1 John 4:1) we find the following verse:

"Beloved, believe not every Spirit, but try the Spirits whether they are of God; because many false Prophets are gone out into the world."

Note:

We can observe that the word spirit is used here synonymous with a Prophet. A true spirit is a true prophet, and a false spirit is a false prophet.

However, how can the people know the true Prophet from the false one?

John does not leave us in the air, guessing the true from the false. He gives us a clear test for recognizing the true Prophet:

"Hereby know ye the Spirits of God: Every Spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God (1 John 4:2)

According to John's own interpretations in verse one above the word "spirit" is synonymous with the word prophet. So verse two "spirit of God" would mean Prophet of God and "Every spirit" would stand for every Prophet. We have -thus- a right to know as to what the Holy Prophet Muhammad {Peace} says about Jesus Christ {Peace} .

Jesus {P.B.u.h.} is spoken by name no less than 25 times in the Holy Qur`an . He is honored as:

1- Jesus, son of Mary Isa ibn Maryam

2- The righteous As –saaliheen

3- Spirit of God Ruhu- Llah

4- Word of God Kalimatu- Llah

Therefore the Comforter in John 14:26 can never be the" Holy Ghost however he is MUHAMMAD, peace and blessings of Almighty God be upon him and he accomplished all these wonders in the unbelievably short span of twenty-three years.

Muhammad, who was born in Arabia on 20 August, in the year 570 of the Christian era. In addition, when he died after 63 years, the whole of the Arabian Peninsula had changed from paganism and idol-worship to the worship of One God. From tribal quarrels, and wars to national solidarity and cohesion. From drunkenness and debauchery to sobriety and piety; from lawlessness and anarchy to disciplined living; from utter moral bankruptcy to the highest standards of moral excellence. Human history has never known such a complete transformation of a people or a place before or since.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: What TB Joshua Said About His Mother And Father (Photos) by thorpido(m): 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2021
Empiree:
I have dialogued with Christians on this platform since 2014 and I know different beliefs of you guys. Many of them believe John 14:16 is Angel Gabriel.

this is where you need to apply wisdom and tawil (interpretation). No human being lives forever, not even Angels. This means the message brought by the lady Prophet Muhammad would live forever. QUR'AN is the only Divine revelation that is not distorted today and forever. His religious practices are forever.

but you have failed to give who the comforter is. Remember some translators used "holy spirit" like you did just now. It is meant to confused reading audience. Original Greek word is not holy spirit but (periclytos) which is almost the exact translation of the Aramaic or Hebrew word (Mauhamana) used by Jesus himself, and which correlates with the name Muhammad .”.

Anyways, YES VERY TRUE John 14:16 is talking about The Beloved Prophet Muhammad and here is what approves this Ultimate Truth:

1- John 14:16

“And I will pray the Father (My Lord), and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever."

2- John14:26

”But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”

3- John 14:30

“Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.”

Again, pls note:

"The word Comforter is the English translation of the Greek word (periclytos) which is almost the exact translation of the Aramaic or Hebrew word (Mauhamana) used by Jesus himself, and which correlates with the name Muhammad .”

In verse 16,

The emphasis here is on the word "ANOTHER" an other, a different one, an additional one, but of the same kind, yet distinctly different from the first. Who is then the first Comforter?

It is very obvious that Jesus is the First Comforter; then the other, the one to follow must be of like nature subject to the same conditions of hunger, thirst, fatigue, sorrow and death. However, this promised Comforter was to "abide with you FOR EVER". No one lives for ever, Jesus was mortal so must the coming Comforter also be mortal.

No son of man can ever be immortal. "Every soul shall have a taste of death." The Holy Qur`an Sura Al-Imran : 185

But here Jesus according to this verse is telling

" ABIDE" continue , endure for ever. All Comforters are with us forever. Moses is here with us today in his teachings, Jesus is here with us in his teachings, and Muhammad also is here with us in his teachings (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon them all).

Therefore we can now understand that Jesus was speaking here about: “ Muhammad “the most remarkable man that ever set foot on this earth. A man who preached a religion, founded a state, built a nation, laid down a moral code, initiated numberless social and political reforms, established a dynamic and powerful society to practice and represent his teachings, and completely revolutionized the worlds of human thought and action for all times to come.

In verse 26

Jesus {P.B.u.h.} mentions this next prophet (comforter) and calls him the Holy Ghost. The term “Holy Ghost” was used to describe, angel or scripture. That is from Allah. This term was never used to describe one particular thing or person.

So Jesus says the father "Allah" will send to this prophet (Holy Ghost).

Jesus in addition, says that this prophet will teach you things and mention my name. Prophet MUHAMMAD and his followers (the Companions May Allah be pleased with all of them), had no previous knowledge of Bible scriptures, yet Prophet Muhammad related the story of Jesus in the Holy Qur'an. Jesus also says that Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon them all), will tell you everything that I have said to you.

Prophet Muhammad in fact, described in detail many important stories and facts about Jesus ; that were not in the New Testament. The Holy Qur'an mentions stories that the Christians did not know or could not deny.

Neither the Jews, nor any nation ever mentioned the name of Jesus, as the Muslims did. Moreover, no one has called Christians to revert to the true religion of Jesus Christ which is “Islam” except Muslims.

Continue.....
John14:26

'Whom the father will send in my name's.......was Muhammed sent in the name of Jesus?
Why do you Muslims read these things and still argue?

The Holy Spirit is the Comforter.
Re: What TB Joshua Said About His Mother And Father (Photos) by Empiree: 6:59pm On Jun 11, 2021
I will break this down for you
thorpido:
John14:26

”But the Comforter,
muhammad

which is the Holy Ghost,
this is distortion but we will use Quran as standard criterion. If you disagree, then, holy spirit is meant to guide people according to the Book of John. Question is, why then christians have different doctrines yet they all claimed to have "holy spirit"?. For example, Celestial church and seraphim are white garment Churches but they have different beliefs. One of them don't wear footwear. Is holy ghost or holy spirit gave them this directives?.

Also you have other plenty different churches with various creeds, such as Deeper Life which doesn't celebrate Xmas yet other church celebrate Xmas. Yet they all claimed to have "holy spirit". Question is, whose holy spirit is correct?.

Also Catholic has 77 books. Protestant has 66 Books yet both of them claimed to have holy spirit. Did catholic add more books to their or did Protestant removed from theirs?. Did holy spirit give this directives?. Holy spirit is meant to guide the people according to the book of John. So clearly this Bible passage is not talking about holy spirit. But Quran on the other hand is one Divine Revelation with total of 114 chapters anywhere is the world.

whom the Father will send in my name,
Father means God. God doesn't send anything in anyone's name. This is another distortion.

he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”
this is very correct. Prophet Muhammad taught us everything including etiquette for eating, drinking, entering and exiting bathroom, respect for others etc. But the most important is he taught us about Oneness of God, prophets and messangers that came before him such as Abraham, Moses, Jacob, Jesus. He even taught us that no prophet was closer to him but Jesus the son of Mary.

Finally, prophet muhammad S.A.W does not speak of his own desires Q53:3, John 16:13

"...He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard."

1 Like

Re: What TB Joshua Said About His Mother And Father (Photos) by Emilo(m): 1:55pm On Jun 12, 2021
absoluteSuccess:

Here's the problem that they hide to tell us about. He doesn't have their kind of education. It's the standard he failed to have.

It's however the odd that favoured that man in the synagogue: he's original, haven't been "influenced" by all the "indoctrinations" that are the norms in the Christiandom.

He's like David, he's unable put on the whole armour of Saul to fight the "Goliaths of faith" of his time.

He didn't have a university, but sponsored thousands of children to school, compare that to the Goliaths of faith that milk thousands of children in their mission school.

The man is no more, but life goes on. Jesus is coming very soon, whatever you are keeping church money for?

Possibly to host him when he arrives.

Best comment so far. You are wise. I like the school milking statement. Very true!

1 Like

Re: What TB Joshua Said About His Mother And Father (Photos) by absoluteSuccess: 3:25pm On Jun 12, 2021
Emilo:

Best comment so far. You are wise. I like the school milking statement. Very true!

Thanks brother, we all know the truth half of the time, and half of the time we speak the truth in the closet to ourselves alone. I myself inclusive.

half of the time we never speak the truth where it's to be heard, and half of the time we never utter the truth while here on earth as "big men".

People knows the truth but seldom practice telling the truth. Truth is fallen in the street, righteousness cannot enter.

If this great man is well read, he won't have been a "misfit" in their midst and would have blend in, he would be alive now because he accrues wealth enough to take care of his generation yet to be born already.

But unfortunately, he's burning with passion to do more for the community and the tribe he leads, he burned out untimely. That's the burden of being a lonely difference in a wicked neighbourhood.

The generals are not competing to change the life of the ordinary man drawn to their mission for free of charge, but to make a ready tool for the exploit of their kind.

How many schools have been built and run successfully in educationally disadvantaged neighborhoods by any of the big local mission where a parish is sited?

Many churches have passed the healthy liquidity pool and has failed to give back to the community of poor people that surrounds them.

Such mission had long lost her saltiness and has become a successful business of mass movement. Big church auditorium never translate to righteousness.

Just using the season to say what we're doing wrongly just in case someone else can take it up from there. Iron sharpeneth iron.
Re: What TB Joshua Said About His Mother And Father (Photos) by Emilo(m): 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2021
absoluteSuccess:

Thanks brother, we all know the truth half of the time, and half of the time we speak the truth in the closet to ourselves alone. I myself inclusive.

half of the time we never speak the truth where it's to be heard, and half of the time we never utter the truth while here on earth as "big men".

People knows the truth but seldom practice telling the truth. Truth is fallen in the street, righteousness cannot enter.

If this great man is well read, he won't have been a "misfit" in their midst and would have blend in, he would be alive now because he accrues wealth enough to take care of his generation yet to be born already.

But unfortunately, he's burning with passion to do more for the community and the tribe he leads, he burned out untimely. That's the burden of being a lonely difference in a wicked neighbourhood.

The generals are not competing to change the life of the ordinary man drawn to their mission for free of charge, but to make a ready tool for the exploit of their kind.

How many schools have been built and run successfully in educationally disadvantaged neighborhoods by any of the big local mission where a parish is sited?

Many churches have passed the healthy liquidity pool and has failed to give back to the community of poor people that surrounds them.

Such mission had long lost her saltiness and has become a successful business of mass movement. Big church auditorium never translate to righteousness.

Just using the season to say what we're doing wrongly just in case someone else can take it up from there. Iron sharpeneth iron.

In conclusion, people hate what they don't understand!!!
Re: What TB Joshua Said About His Mother And Father (Photos) by absoluteSuccess: 7:40pm On Jun 12, 2021
Emilo:

In conclusion, people hate what they don't understand!!!

Mediocre hates what they don't understand. You can't achieve great success with meager resources without diabolical means to the mediocre.

You can have great success in life if God so wish. No need to always look for the devil in the success of people up and down. People see life with their own eyes.
Re: What TB Joshua Said About His Mother And Father (Photos) by Teymanhenry(f): 6:17am On Jun 21, 2021
Cryptodegen:

Can you see how far you have gone in putting your believe in mere mortals? he's now equal to Jesus and in your little mind an occult man is your god and that includes other charlatans like kumuyi, adeboye, oyedepo, suleman, okotie, mbaka etc
The bible made us understand in John 1:14 that "and the word (Jesus) was made flesh, and dwelt amongst us". Jesus came into the earth in human flesh. He felt pain, anger, hunger etc just like you and I. That's the angle I'm coming from. Study his word bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Age Of Marriage In Medieval Times Or Paedophilia? / Woman Disrupts Church Service In Kenya, Claims Pastor Dumped Her For Another / List Of The Largest Evangelical Church Auditoriums: First Three Are In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.