Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Job Cold Calling /email Tips - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Cold Calling /email Tips (317 Views)

Cold-calling - Interested In Weekend/part-time Jobs! / Air Peace Calling / Maersk Safmarine Calling For Next Stage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Job Cold Calling /email Tips by Gboliwe: 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2021
Cold calling is a term common with sales and marketing executive.

These are calls made to customers they got off the internet or anywhere, telling them of whatever they are selling and hoping they show interest

Applicants use this method too ,to search for jobs

They go online, make research on companies and call or send out mails to HR attaching their cv and application letter.

I get such mails and calls every now and then.

It actually works, I have invited one person for Interview through the job cold call method and the person got the job

Before I continue, you have to note that this method only works for spontaneous jobs not Job vacancies already posted to the public please always follow every instructions you find on a Job vacancies,

Let's get right into it.
Here are some tips that can help you when you want to Job cold call or email

1. First and foremost, you need to know what you want, you cannot be sending emails and making calls asking for ANY JOB
You need to have a Value Added Proposition
What do you have to offer the companies you are calling and emailing?
What and who are you? What skills do you possess?

2. Make your research and let it be detailed: After onboarding the person that got employed through the cold call he made, I called him into my office and asked him one question, How did you find this company?
He said he went online to search for companies in a particular area in abuja that are in a certain industry, that was when our own popped up with others, he started calling one after the other
Example you go online to search for companies located at Victoria Island, Lagos that are into Oil and Gas
Then you start calling and dropping your CV in their career section
It's important you drop it in their career section, that's the fastest way for HR to see it
If you drop it in their support mail, the wrong person will see it and MIGHT forget to deliver it to the right person, because they will be overwhelmed with support mails from customers

3. You can be creative about it too
You shouldn't only do the conventional cv and Cover letter thing
If it is a more technical role that requires designs or something, you can make a video
For example if you are cold mailing for the role of a graphic designer, you can study their website, search for them on Social media , gain some knowledge about them , use that knowledge to design something for them as a sample of what you can do.
This will show you took your time to make your research and you think outside the box
That's commendable

4. Ensure your CV speaks well for you
After dropping your call or sending the mail, your cv continues to speak for you
Whatever that is worth doing, is worth doing well...

5. Subject of mail matters
Remember you are not applying for an active open role, you are sending your application, hoping there will be an open role for you
You don't want your mail to get lost.
Make it easy for your CV to be found, even after a year
Don't send your CV using please help me as subject
Use the Job title as subject of mail

6. It is not a magic something:
Don't expect to call or send a mail today and get a response the Next day.
Your call or mail will not automatically make the role available or vacant.
Your lovely CV won't make them employ you sharp Sharp ,if they have no current need of you
It is when they need you, they will invite you for interview
It might be weeks, months or even a year

7. The internet is not your only source
Remember that CEO , HR or, even Personal Assistant or Secretary that gave you their complimentary card during an event
Their email is on that card
Send them a mail
The reason I mentioned these set of people is usually they are the ones that can see your cv and make a move in ensuring you score an interview when the need for you arise

8. Let your introduction letter , introduce you well.
a. First paragraph:Check company social media pages for some basic information about the organization's mission, vision, and any interesting recent developments.

E.g Upon my research, I discovered xxxx company's mission is to be the leading xxxxx in the world, this aligns with my goals as I would love to work with an organisation where I can showcase my skills and contribute to making it the leading bla bla bla

B Second paragraph:Mention why you want to work for the company. Include details like their products and services that match with your area of expertise.
For example if they are a construction company, you can talk about your expertise in civil engineering

C. Third paragraph: Mention why you would be an excellent candidate. Make sure to include information on your education and work experience that align with the company's processes.

D. Last paragraph: Show appreciation and gratitude to the person reading
Also remind them, your cv is attached to the mail

Lastly if you will be using one introduction letter for many companies, I suggest you check well before you copy and paste
To avoid mistakes in the name of the company

I hope this was helpful

(1) (Reply)

7 Types Of Employees In An Organization / Account Officer Job Vacancy In Ikeja Lagos (OND/HND Holders) / How To Get A Job With WTO, World Bank, UN, UNICEF & WHO In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.