Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,481 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi (37873 Views)

Former NBA Chairman, Olumide Akpata Joins Labour Party (Pix) / Breaking News: Ex Owerri NBA Chairman N.H Nwankwo Esq Slaughtered In His Owerri / 2019: APC May Lose Imo Because Of Okorocha - Former NBA Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by Islie: 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2021
Security operatives in Makurdi Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) have allegedly beaten up the Makurdi branch chairman of Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), Barrister Justin Gbagir.

Gbagir is currently receiving treatment at the Benue State University Teaching Hospital (BSUTH).

Speaking with reporters at the hospital, Gbagir said trouble started when he went to the EFCC office after receiving a telephone call that one of his female colleagues, Barrister Aver Shima, was being held by the EFCC.

“Yesterday, Tuesday 8/6/2021 at about 6:59pm, Benue State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Michael Gusa Esq, called to intimate me that our colleague who is also the Branch Treasurer was detained by the EFCC.

“On further inquiry, I found that our colleague was detained on allegation that she gave legal advise to the Chairman of Benue State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) upon which the latter signed a document which is subject of investigation by EFCC.

“Our said colleague is a law officer with Benue State Ministry of Justice and assigned to offer official legal services to SUBEB. She also Chairs one of the Rent Tribunal Panels.”

He said that on getting to the EFCC office, he met stiff opposition from the security operatives at the gate who also threatened to gun him down.

He said this made him and few other colleagues, including the State Director of Public Prosecution, to move across the road in front of Royal Choice Inn, a hotel directly opposite EFCC office.

The NBA chairman said one of the operatives still accosted them and ordered them to leave the place.

He said the three government officials, including the state’s attorney-general, solicitor-general and a senior special assistant to the governor on legal matters, went into the EFCC office and later the solicitor general requested that he (Gbagir) should go in as well.

“I followed him into the EFCC office premises. As we entered, the Solicitor General introduced me to the EFCC Head of office that I am the Chairman, NBA Makurdi Branch, and offered the sit he was previously sitting before he went out to bring me. As I made to sit down, the EFCC Head of office said I cannot sit down because I am “an agitator”.

“I then asked whether I was brought in as an accused? When he did not answer me, I told the AG that with due respect, I cannot be made to be standing talking to the EFCC Head of office, and sought the leave of the AG to leave.

“As I made to leave, the personnel of EFCC numbering between seven and above pounced on me and started beating me. They broke my recommended reading eye glasses in the process and pushed me out of the premises. Outside the premises, they threw out my foot wear which I was dispossessed of in the course of the beating,” he added.

Gbagir, however, concluded that from what happened to him, it was obvious that the EFCC had failed in their primary responsibility.

He said they do not want lawyers to accompany their clients to the commission’s office because of their unwholesome activities.

EFCC deny allegation

Reacting to the allegation in a statement posted on the Commission’s WhatsApp platform, one Bayo Adeniran, a spokesman of the anti-graft body, said it is not true that Gbagir was beaten.

“We are investigating someone for forgery at SUBEB, and we invited her for interview. At about 8pm, some people came in mass after closing of work led by NBA Chairman protesting that we should release the woman.

“They were advised to leave EFCC premises in other to pave way for dialogue and eventually the said woman was released to the Permanent Secretary in Ministry of Justice.

“The NBA Chairman was not even around as the time the woman was released and he was never beaten as claimed. EFCC Operatives are always civil in carrying out their official duties,” Adediran stated.

https://dailytrust.com/drama-as-efcc-operatives-beat-up-nba-chairman-in-makurdi

Pic: Makurdi NBA chairman on hospital bed at the Accident and Emergency unit of BSUTH in Makurdi

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2021
Daily Trust

You won't see them reporting on Abuja boarder residents now fleeing nation's capital

Anything southern kaduna, east, benue they are on ground

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by Duru9(m): 4:24pm On Jun 09, 2021
NBA have died sha

When it was the time.of that fat man MBA get power

Imagine EFCC oh

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by UstazAhmed(m): 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2021
That's good for the man. They are those causing problems in this our beloved nation

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by Mayng01(m): 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2021
Holy kabisa
Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by NwaNimo1(m): 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2021

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by ainas247: 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
tongue
Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by GboyegaD(m): 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
The country is lost gone. Everyone just does things the way they like without any consequences whatsoever.

12 Likes

Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by SouthSouth1914: 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
What a wonderful case scenario! The court are suppose to give EFCC go ahead for arrest, but it is the EFCC that gives the court court beating before arrest!

Nigeria is a geographical mistake!

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by Oluwasaeon(m): 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
Zoo stuff

1 Like

Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by globalresource: 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
Efcc bearing up a lawyer. It can only happen in a zoo

A lawless nation where an agency is acting like an emperor. Lawyer for that matter

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by Dailymice: 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
cool
Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by SultanOfPuna: 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
Boo
Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by temptnow: 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
Abacha dey learn work under these illiterates who are now holding Nigeria to ransom

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by judetov2(m): 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
EFCC beat Lawyer, who go judge the case? Maybe yahoo boys then!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by Shellsploit: 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
Commiserate
Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by BIGTinfotech: 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
Wahala, it's a slap to the entire members of the bench in that state.

But what does one expect, it flows from the top. Their pay master has often flagrantly disobeyed court orders and have no regard whatsoever for the rule of law.

We're in austere times as a nation. Never been this bad.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by brownemmanuel43(m): 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
Otocha, ever since this lifeless one took over, everybody just dey form Rambo
Imagine ordinary EFCC, na turn by turn.
Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by FalseProphet1(m): 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
Patience my friends, the long awaited disintegration of this failed marriage called Nigeria is almost here.

This I have seen.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by FarahAideed: 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
When they know their head Buhari is lawless what do you expect from them
Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by chriskosherbal(m): 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
Naija anything goes cheesy

See signature
Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by CertyAgroAllied: 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by Vicotex(m): 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
They should kill themselves.
They clamoured for one Nigeria.

Because of money dem dey beat up each other like bunch of animals
Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by Gwagone: 5:42pm On Jun 09, 2021
So, who con win the fight grin
Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by Antoeni(m): 5:42pm On Jun 09, 2021
Court Throws Out Couple’s Divorce Application As Husband Impregnates Wife While Case Was Still In Court.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by tayo4ng(m): 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2021
Everything is possible here in Nigeria
Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by VillageHead: 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2021
Truly, Benue state is at the mercy of God.
Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by Vicotex(m): 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2021
Last last, Bulhari experience during the civil war will get to everybody.
It's their turn, let them enjoy it .

Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by chloride6: 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2021
E don shele..

No respect for law and order in Nigeria

Buhari's Nigeria.

Zoo
Re: EFCC Operatives Beat Justin Gbagir, NBA Chairman In Makurdi by Bsideboi(m): 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2021
EFCC Staffs are the new Yahoo boys, impounding cars and properties and converting to personal use.... buying houses and living the dream life. Nigeria is not a real country walahi. Na crime scene!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Peter Obi Unveils Seven–Point Economic Master Plan / Peter Obi Explains The BVAS Every Nigerian Should Reconfigure / Military Reclaims Michika, Gulak, Uba Kills And Repels Insurgent From Vintim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.