Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:12 AM

Kate Middleton Celebrates Nigerian Hospital Cook - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kate Middleton Celebrates Nigerian Hospital Cook (316 Views)

Kate Henshaw Shared Badly Printed Naira Notes / Ben Bruce Offers Kate Dekpe, With Poetic Pidgin English A Job At Silverbird / Osibanjo Celebrates Nigerian School Girls That Came 1st In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kate Middleton Celebrates Nigerian Hospital Cook by prof2007: 5:35am On Jun 10, 2021
Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, has celebrated a Nigerian ward host, identified as Gimba, for her dedication to patients at the Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone.

A YouTube video released on Thursday played the recording of a phone call between Middleton and Gimba, where the Duchess praised the cook for her dedication. Gimba was one of the participants in Middleton’s Hold Still lockdown photography contest, where she sent a photograph of herself eating rice and chicken.

Her image was one of 100 chosen for Middleton’s Hold Still photo contest and the Duchess had called Gimba to thank her for her participation. On the day she took the photograph, Gimba had received news that her mother in Nigeria had fallen ill, DailyMail reported.

Despite being heartbroken as she was unable to fly back home due to COVID-19 restrictions, Gimba had refused to take the time off as she had said, “I have to feed my patients.” On that same day, she was photographed having her lunch after she had prepared meals for all 18 COVID-19 patients in the ward.

During the call, the 39-year-old Duchess said, “I wanted to call to say thank you so much for sending in your wonderful photograph. It’s fantastic! You look like you’re seriously enjoying your chicken and rice, Gimba.” The Duchess of Cambridge then praised Gimba for her “total dedication to the patients”.

Middleton pointed out that she was proud of Gimba who, though unable to visit her sick mother, could still dedicate her time to feeding other sick people at the hospital. The Duchess said, “It’s lovely to see the resilience and that glimmer of hope that you showed.”

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/punch-diaspora-kate-middleton-celebrates-nigerian-hospital-cook/

Re: Kate Middleton Celebrates Nigerian Hospital Cook by Ppogbae: 5:39am On Jun 10, 2021
And this is something to celebrate? grin grin Post better news abeg
Re: Kate Middleton Celebrates Nigerian Hospital Cook by SmartProf(m): 5:52am On Jun 10, 2021
Ppogbae:
And this is something to celebrate? grin grin Post better news abeg
This comment shows that you are heavily endowed with unrefined foolishness. Diligence is what is being rewarded here and that's a great honour to this lady. upliftment can't be a challenge for such people cos they will stand before Kings and not mere men.

1 Like

Re: Kate Middleton Celebrates Nigerian Hospital Cook by Ckonnet: 6:02am On Jun 10, 2021
No be buhari and these urchins be our problem here.
Re: Kate Middleton Celebrates Nigerian Hospital Cook by vibre: 6:24am On Jun 10, 2021
I wanted to read the story but I was distracted by two oppressive looking water melons so I will only comment on what I saw, all I am thinking of right now is how to suck water melons with straw.
Re: Kate Middleton Celebrates Nigerian Hospital Cook by Ppogbae: 6:43am On Jun 10, 2021
SmartProf:

This comment shows that you are heavily endowed with unrefined foolishness. Diligence is what is being rewarded here and that's a great honour to this lady. upliftment can't be a challenge for such people cos they will stand before Kings and not mere men.

She's a damn servant. Stop praising mediocrity

(1) (Reply)

Buhari For Another Interview On NTA / Is Bokoharam No More? / Reading For Pleasure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.