Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

I Am Building Roads And Rails To Niger Rep Because It Is My Home- Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Building Roads And Rails To Niger Rep Because It Is My Home- Buhari (548 Views)

Tinubu Opens Land, Air Borders With Niger Rep, Lifts Other Sanctions / Don’t Forget Home, Buhari Tells Nigerians Living Abroad / Nigerians That Left The Country Are Now Trying To Come Back Home – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Building Roads And Rails To Niger Rep Because It Is My Home- Buhari by SibaKeAkwaibom: 7:46pm On Jun 10, 2021
President Mohammadu Buhari has said that he is constructing roads and railways to Niger Republic because it is home for him.

Speaking during a live interview on Arise TV, Thursday morning, the Nigerian President, maintained that building roads and railways to Niger Republic is not a bad idea, as the country is a home for him.

President Buhari who highlighted his achievements so far, opined that everyone can attest to the fact that the country has been better than how he met it in 2015, stressing that insecurity in the country has drastically reduced under his watch. He commended the Government of Niger Republic for standing by Nigeria in the fight against insecurity.

" The Government of Niger Republic sometime ago called a meeting with all stakeholders to ensure there is unity between their country and Nigeria. Basically, we have partnered together to fight insecurity in our countries, and the results so far have been impressive, and we have no regret for such partnership. Nigeria is now better than how it was when I took over the mantle of leadership in 2015."

Harping on why there should be unity between Nigeria and Niger Republic, President Buhari said that the unity existing between both countries shouldn't be jeopardized because of the business opportunities it has created.

"We are very happy and impressed that many Nigerians have gone back to their respective farms. We have made sure that our neighboring country, Niger, is also safe because there are many people in Niger who order food from Nigeria, and our people here also order food from them. This is why our unity should not be compromised."

The President who expressed satisfaction over the achievement recorded by his government in the fight against corruption, said that though it is a very difficult task to end corruption, his government has ensured that the dream of making Nigeria free from corruption is actualized.

"Corruption is very difficult to fight under this system. I experienced this same difficulty during the military regime in 1983, but it was not as difficult as what we are facing today. What I did then was to arrest all the suspects, put them in prison for them to be further proven guilty or innocence. But today, you cannot arrest anyone just like because it is democracy.

We have made it mandatory for every public office holders to declare their asset. Once we notice there is more money in your bank account, we call you to prove where the money came from. If you are unable to prove it, we forfeit the money from you. We have achieved a lot here."

Harping on insecurity in the North East region, President Buhari specifically commended the governor of Borno State, Gov. Babagana Zulum for his doggedness towards fighting insecurity. According to the President, the Borno governor has taken a lot of risk to ensure the safety of his people.

"The problem of the North East is a very difficult one. The Governor of Borno is working very hard, he is taking great risks to ensure his state is safe."

Reacting to a question on Shekau's death, the President maintained that some youths are into what they are doing because of unemployment and hunger, stressing that this has become the Nigeria's greatest problems.

"The other day I asked the governor of Borno if these Boko Haram members are Nigerians or they are people from other countries. He answered me that they are all Nigerians. I think we have a problem of unemployment. A lot of youths are doing all they are doing because of what to eat, where to stay and for a lot of other necessities of life. The level of poverty is almost unimaginable. These are our problems."

Re: I Am Building Roads And Rails To Niger Rep Because It Is My Home- Buhari by Xbolmax: 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2021
Stupid cow

3 Likes

Re: I Am Building Roads And Rails To Niger Rep Because It Is My Home- Buhari by kinzation(m): 7:50pm On Jun 10, 2021
O
Re: I Am Building Roads And Rails To Niger Rep Because It Is My Home- Buhari by michlins(m): 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
Nigeria politicians know the problems and solution to this country during campaign.

They become daft the moment they're elected

2 Likes

Re: I Am Building Roads And Rails To Niger Rep Because It Is My Home- Buhari by money121(m): 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
grin grin

What abt daura
Re: I Am Building Roads And Rails To Niger Rep Because It Is My Home- Buhari by yommen: 7:59pm On Jun 10, 2021
E good now. Obasanjo and Jonathan never did anything for places that are home to them . At least, home should be sweet to go.
Re: I Am Building Roads And Rails To Niger Rep Because It Is My Home- Buhari by Jostoman: 8:00pm On Jun 10, 2021
There's no place in the world that ICC cannot arrest whoever they want to arrest.
Re: I Am Building Roads And Rails To Niger Rep Because It Is My Home- Buhari by rikithor(m): 8:04pm On Jun 10, 2021
Learn how to drive better than you were shown or taught. Learn how to drive manual PR automatic cars, also learn basic things about car maintenance and checking before driving.
Let's help in processing driving, vehicle licenses for you and other vehicle papers in record time.
Offices in Lagos mainland areas, Bariga, Anthony and ajegunle.
See contacts below for calls/WhatsApp.
Re: I Am Building Roads And Rails To Niger Rep Because It Is My Home- Buhari by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 10, 2021
Okay
Re: I Am Building Roads And Rails To Niger Rep Because It Is My Home- Buhari by flamingREED(m): 8:21pm On Jun 10, 2021
Pride.

(1) (Reply)

Suspend Constitution Review, Conduct Referendum On Biafra - Northern Coalition / Biafra Agitators Storm UK Parliament, London To Protest Against Genocide - Video / June 12th; We Were Paid #1000 To Support Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.