Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Nigeria Needs Twitter, Says Senate President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs Twitter, Says Senate President (358 Views)

Peter Obi’s Votes’ll Come From Twitter, Says Atiku Group / Alleged Terrorism: Our Hands Tied On Pantami, Says Senate / Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nigeria Needs Twitter, Says Senate President by Islie: 2:03pm On Jun 11, 2021
By Yusuf Alli, Onyedi Ojiabor and Sanni Onogu

Senate President Ahmad Lawan has broken his silence on suspension of micro blogging and social network platform Twitter by the Federal Government.

He said Nigeria and Twitter need each other.

He called for amicable resolution of the feud with Twitter.

Lawan bared his mind at a briefing in Abuja to mark the second anniversary of the 9th Senate.

He said: “Our belief is that Nigeria needs Twitter just as Twitter needs Nigeria.

“Our expectation is that we will be able to resolve this issue.

” But beyond that, I am optimistic and I believe that all of us would have learnt our lessons. ”

He gave assurance that the nation would overcome its security challenges.

He added:” I believe this is the worst level we could get to. We cannot go beyond this level, it could only be better.

“i believe we are going to gave a reversal of this situation very soon. We shouldn’t despair, we shouldn’t be despondent. We should have hope and optimism that our situation will be better.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-nigeria-needs-twitter-says-senate-president/

Lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria Needs Twitter, Says Senate President by anetuno(m): 2:06pm On Jun 11, 2021
Rubber stamp Senate president just waking up. Your president will keep theTwitter ban because it doesn't affect cows. Buhari practices Cowocracy.
Re: Nigeria Needs Twitter, Says Senate President by Ekez(m): 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2021
Nigeria need twitter,
This people make mumu
Re: Nigeria Needs Twitter, Says Senate President by tritt(m): 2:16pm On Jun 11, 2021
Hear wetin a whole senate president dey talk...You can't make and take a firm decision. Confirm rubber stamp na him u be.
Re: Nigeria Needs Twitter, Says Senate President by colorsofrainbow: 2:18pm On Jun 11, 2021
Whichever way he said it,in this feud,Nigeria is the one that needs twitter afterall Jack no send
Now APC miscreants can cry to hell grin grin grin
Their rubber-stamp senator has abandoned them

Re: Nigeria Needs Twitter, Says Senate President by festacman(m): 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2021
Obviously, Twitter lobbyists have met and perhaps made our Senate President happy. This is the same Senate President who tackled Southern Governors' Forum for making a case for cattle ranching that will be a win-win for all parties.

Look, before he became the Senate President I used to think that this Ahmad Lawan is an erudite fellow and perhaps a future president. But his inability to offer legislative initiatives that will lift Nigeria up has shown him as being as hollow as the donut hole. He may have been bright academically but he sure has native intelligence in short supply.

My take on his unnecessary and excessive submission to the Executive is that it has little to do with Buhari's strong personality but a lot to do with weak mentality and lack of drive. A better politician wouldn't find it difficult to balance things and still be effective.
Re: Nigeria Needs Twitter, Says Senate President by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 2:22pm On Jun 11, 2021
The best rubber stamp Senate President in the history of Nigeria.

I hope you can also reiterate the same words when you meet with sleeping Dullard from Daura, Muhammadu Buhari and not lie that your words were taken out of context?

Mr. Rubber-stamp Senate President!
Re: Nigeria Needs Twitter, Says Senate President by mayklef(m): 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2021
Just say u blood sucking demons from the north needs IPOB and Oduduwa....but my d special grace of God, our freedom is here! June12#
Re: Nigeria Needs Twitter, Says Senate President by realstars: 2:30pm On Jun 11, 2021
Nigeria Needs Tweetter While Buhari Plays Ignorant And Stupidity Ontop Tweetter.
Re: Nigeria Needs Twitter, Says Senate President by Racoon(m): 2:32pm On Jun 11, 2021
Re: Nigeria Needs Twitter, Says Senate President by inoki247: 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2021
Me I don't even know the role of the NASS laik diz e b like say na Chieftaincy Title b dere role now....

Dem don dey useless like the Obas nd Emirs...
Re: Nigeria Needs Twitter, Says Senate President by Racoon(m): 2:37pm On Jun 11, 2021
Gross confusion have set in under this government. Buhari and Lai Mohammed are fighting tweeter while the rubberstamp stooge is saying something else.
Meanwhile, their online zombies were masturbating on Trump's opinion only for the Biden's govt to puncture their little cards of hopefully sticking to tyranny.What a confused people.
Re: Nigeria Needs Twitter, Says Senate President by Mynd44: 3:01pm On Jun 11, 2021

(1)

Over N1billion Naira Was Recoverd From Civil Servant Last Week-efcc Chairman / Catholic Church Praying For Nnamdi Kanu. Video. / Amotekun Commander And Two Others Killed By Nig. Soldiers And Customs In Ibarapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.