Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Ever Heard Of Yam Pancake? Here's The Recipe - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ever Heard Of Yam Pancake? Here's The Recipe (3480 Views)

₦1,200 Tuber Of Yam In Ibadan (Pictured) / A Dozen Tubers Of Yam I Bought For N7,000 In Ogun Today / See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Heard Of Yam Pancake? Here's The Recipe by Suntwist: 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2021
Ever heard of yam pancake? Yam pancake is an uncommon Nigerian dish that most people aren’t aware of. It’s a healthy food option that we think you should add to your diet, want to know more? I’ll be satisfying your curiosity this morning by giving a detailed account of how to make yam pancakes. Are you a lover of yam? Follow me close as I take you through how to make delicious yam pancakes.

INGREDIENTS
Vegetable oil
Onions
Salt
Seasoning
Carrot
Pepper (bell or habanero)
Spring onions
Slices of yam
Eggs (2 or more) depending on how thick you want the barter to be

PROCEDURE
Peel the yam, wash, place in the pot and allow to boil.
When the yam is ready, put it in a clean bowl and mash it properly.
Chop the onions, pepper, spring onions, and carrot.
Add them to the mashed yam, then break the eggs into it and mix properly.
Add salt and seasoning cubes to taste.
Pour the vegetable oil onto the frying pan, allow to heat.
Put the mixture into the oil and allow to fry till both sides are brown.
Remove it from the frypan and serve it on a clean plate.
You could add tomato ketchup or dripping honey all over it.

Hmm… delicious right? I’m sure you are salivating right now by just imagining it, well stop salivating go to the market, get the ingredients and follow the procedure to prepare a delicious yam pancake. You won’t regret it at all.

1 Like

Re: Ever Heard Of Yam Pancake? Here's The Recipe by Cousin9999: 4:28pm On Jun 11, 2021
You can make that even better by adding shredded fish or some other protein.

1 Like

Re: Ever Heard Of Yam Pancake? Here's The Recipe by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 13, 2021
Ketchup will be just perfect!.

1 Like

Re: Ever Heard Of Yam Pancake? Here's The Recipe by Temikola2009(m): 9:42am On Sep 26, 2021
Wow I love this!

Thinking of making your first Nigerian Pancake or want to improve your cooking skill? Then check out this post. It has all you need to know on how to make fluffy Nigerian pancakes

Step By Step Guide On How To Make Nigerian Pancakes here https://foodrisp.com/how-to-make-nigerian-pancakes/

1 Like

Re: Ever Heard Of Yam Pancake? Here's The Recipe by Suntwist: 10:26am On Oct 26, 2021
Do you wanna have your yam in another way?
Then try this..
Re: Ever Heard Of Yam Pancake? Here's The Recipe by Suntwist: 8:10am On Nov 10, 2021
Thought of trying this out?
Re: Ever Heard Of Yam Pancake? Here's The Recipe by Suntwist: 2:04pm On Feb 05, 2022
It's the weekend...
Re: Ever Heard Of Yam Pancake? Here's The Recipe by Suntwist: 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2022
Have you tried this out?

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Chopsticks In Lagos, / Beef Stroganoff Recipe W/ Pics / You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.