Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,584 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Who Politics Epp? Read This - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Politics Epp? Read This (154 Views)

Who Online Polls Epp? / 2023 : Nah Who Igbo Presidency EPP? - Ifeduba / All Yoruba And Igbo Must Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Politics Epp? Read This by Ayor93(m): 9:55pm On Jun 11, 2021
Growing up, people have always questioned, why I developed  much interest in politics Do you desire to be a politician? They will ask. At your age, Why keen  interest in the news?  Why glued to the radio once it is 4pm?

Over the years, with various events and happenings all over the world, I discovered that, engaging in politics should be the priority of every adult. Everyone must develop stern interest in the ways and methodology that laws are made. Everyone must observe with clarity what plans the local chairman or sheriff has for the town or county.

"One  of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics" says Plato "is that you end up being governed by your inferior".

Engaging in politics makes you an informed voter. The context "Voter"does not necessarily mean, the voter on election day alone. Since many people vote based on party affiliations,  In most countries, the party's flag bearers are selected during the primary elections. Therefore it is appropriate to follow through right from the party's selection processes. An informed voter gather every available bits on contesters, he checks their track records then decides on what's best. Yes, its hard work! But at the end the best hands gets the work done.

"No man's life, liberty or prosperity is safe" says Judge Gideon J. Tucker "while the legislature is in session"

Politics-by implication, government-impact nearly every aspect of our lives. On January 27 2020, in the city of Lagos, Nigeria something happened. The government of that state, infamously called the bluff of commuters, went boldly to  cancel the operations of the popular means of transporting in the state-motorcycles & tricycles. The result? Mass sacking of riders by bike hailing firms.  Getting to destination was a struggle as there was a shootup in number of people taking using vehicles, which resulted to big traffic around the city.    I can keep on mentioning but that is not within the scope of this article.
If greater number of residence were actively  involved in the running of the political process in the state, perhaps the governor would have consulted thoroughly with residence or at least the decision wouldn't have come as a surprise. When a large number of citizens are not politically agile, the outcome is, some people  use excessive power over others, thereby the system's political lawfulness is compromised.

An observer-if a decision or policy taken by governments doesn't affects you directly- will see politics as fun and entertaining

The various attack  by constesting parties and aspirant, the ever interesting debates among contestants, funny stories like:
[  ] Man slaps french President, Macron,
[  ] Nigerian government banning twitter operations in her country because twitter deleted the president's tweet.
[  ] Former President Trump congratulating Nigeria for the "ban".
One cannot help but  admit that politics can be fun and entertaining-if you're not at the receiving end.

Now, you know why I develop interest in politiccs.
It makes me an informed voter, because it affects every aspect of my life, why shouldn't I pay attention to it? and lastly, it is entertaining and full of drama, even more than your favorite Hollywood series.

Do you pay attention to politics, and why. Share with me.

(1) (Reply)

Full Video: Excusive Interview With President Muhammadu Buhari / Ngige Speaks On Southeast Appointments, Faults Marginalization / Anambra Governorship: Emenike-led APC Committee Screens 14 Aspirants, Submits Re

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.