Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,110 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

White Parents Claim Calculation Error After Two Black Students Came Tops - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / White Parents Claim Calculation Error After Two Black Students Came Tops (44439 Views)

5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List / 5 Young Nigerians Make List Of Most Brilliant Black Students In UK / Pls I Can I Fix This Jamb Reg Error After Successfully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White Parents Claim Calculation Error After Two Black Students Came Tops by alfasexy: 4:37pm On Jun 12, 2021
musicwriter:
Due to many years of slavery and colonialism, white people have this believe that blacks are mentally inferior and whites mentally superior on the average. It is this very false perception that keeps them going because they've convinced us it's true, whereas the opposite is the case.

If I were to sit down in same classroom with a white man or woman, none of them would come close to my score. If a white person score higher than me in school, I'll quit.

Those of you that knows Dr. John G. Jackson would've heard his story, it's a similar story. When John Jackson (a black man) was in secondary school in around the 1940's, he was so ahead of his class that the school promoted him two classes (not one) ahead of everyone else. The same thing that happened here played out- white parents protested that their own children must be promoted as well else they'll withdraw their children from the school. Do you know what the school did?

Instead of standing their ground and for fear of losing students, the school fired John Jackson instead. Wow!!

John G. Jackson was sent packing from school because he was too intelligent!!. He then decided that he won't go to school again, and began schooling himself. Fortunately, in countries like US autodidactism is allowed. He did most of his education himself and later taught in many US universities.

I am no longer very active on my blog cause I am working on something but I think I'll find time to blog about this in full one of these days.

Brother John G. Jackson pic attached.

Stop lying.
Re: White Parents Claim Calculation Error After Two Black Students Came Tops by 9jaRealist: 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2021
alfasexy:
Those who resort to name calling have already lost the argument.

Is that what you’ve been manipulated by Massa to believe? grin
>
Re: White Parents Claim Calculation Error After Two Black Students Came Tops by musicwriter(m): 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2021
alfasexy:

Stop lying.

About?
Re: White Parents Claim Calculation Error After Two Black Students Came Tops by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 12, 2021
Kingcalls:

America is not the black mans country....they will forever b second class citizens until Africa rises
Lol.. e go shock u say black African Americans dey deny Africa like say na curse grin

1 Like

Re: White Parents Claim Calculation Error After Two Black Students Came Tops by alfasexy: 4:56pm On Jun 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

Is that what you’ve been manipulated by Massa to believe? grin
>

Ha.
Re: White Parents Claim Calculation Error After Two Black Students Came Tops by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 12, 2021
Vistra40:

Is it not funny how Nigerians criticism racism in America but here in Nigeria, they taunt one another’s tribes? So what then is the difference between the two

It's not all Nigerians that are tribalistic.
Re: White Parents Claim Calculation Error After Two Black Students Came Tops by phr0nesis(m): 5:31pm On Jun 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

It’s not…
Merely different manifestations of the SAME disease.
>
I can't argue. I have never experienced any racial discrimination before
Re: White Parents Claim Calculation Error After Two Black Students Came Tops by Minjim: 6:06pm On Jun 12, 2021
Simplyleo:

The calculation that favored the Black was quality point average while the later calculation which favored the White was unweighted grade point average

The question now is; since the courses are tagged "unweighted", how could that have raised the aggregate weighted points of the White students?

For instance, in universities, some courses are not examinable, but the course work are still assessed, scored and ascribed some weight for the purpose of calculating grade points.

In summary, the explanation is watery. angry

They should have two sets of awards.
The Advance Quality one should be 1st Award while the unweighted one should be 2nd.

I can't be burning the midnight oil doing difficult work while those that did less difficult works are also paired with me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: White Parents Claim Calculation Error After Two Black Students Came Tops by DedeNkem: 11:17pm On Jun 12, 2021
Mississippi is the bedrock of racism!
Re: White Parents Claim Calculation Error After Two Black Students Came Tops by chidiwar(m): 1:08am On Jun 13, 2021
Go get airdrop using this link

https://unioswap.com/JKQH2I

Paste ur ETH wallet address from any of ur trading platform

Its real

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lecturer Smashes Student’s iPhone For Ringing During Class (Photos, Video) / Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria / Abia Uchenna Alexandro And Eboh Kenneth Chinedu Arrive Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.