Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful (2026 Views)

‘it’s Deceitful’ – Soludo Replies Obi’s Call For Anambra To Vote LP Lawmakers / El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue / APC Govt Is Deceitful, Vote Them Out, Vote Atiku For President- Titi Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by TimFisher2: 4:14am On Jun 12, 2021
All the Geographers or will I say experts in Geography should come on board,let’s analyze the map of Nigeria critically

First of all, I decided to study the map of Nigeria and noticed a lot of discrepancies in the sharing formula

I now decided to refrain myself from stating my findings not to look bias, prejudice or been beclouded with sentiments

I decided to throw it up to the house for them to look critically and do their findings, because i don’t know the motives or yardsticks they used to come with what we have as the political structure of Nigeria

Below are two maps. One of the map is in abridged state or will I say divided politically while the other is not

Now comes the question?

If Nigeria map is a Cake and you are been called to divide it equally

In all sincerity how would you divide it?

Lalasticlala please push it to front page for wider discussion.thank you

Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:30am On Jun 12, 2021
Your point being ?!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by espn(m): 4:34am On Jun 12, 2021
??
Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by TimFisher2: 4:37am On Jun 12, 2021
post=102630806:
Your point being ?!

Like i said...i don’t want to be the judge and the jury

Let the house analyze and decide
Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:38am On Jun 12, 2021
TimFisher2:

TimFisher2:

Like i said...i don’t want to be the judge and the jury

Let the house analyze and decide
Okay, Fair enough,
Sensible members of the house, we are waiting for you.

Happy Democracy Day to all sane Nairalanders

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by realstars: 4:48am On Jun 12, 2021
Let's Take It To The National Asembly,
Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by HallaDaTruth: 4:50am On Jun 12, 2021
Everything about Nigeria is a Gigantic Fraud

4 Likes

Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by Ever8090: 4:58am On Jun 12, 2021
I don't even understand what this post is about,.what exactly do you want people to analyze?.

5 Likes

Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:06am On Jun 12, 2021
It's not just the map only,everything about Nigeria is deceitful ! Do you believe that Kano comes anywhere near Lagos in terms of population ? Yet,Lagos has 20 LGAs while Kano has 44 ! Which fraud is greater than that ?

The biggest of all the deceits is that fraudulent paper they call "1999 Constitution". You wouldn't bother to read it any further as soon as you see the first lie - " We,the People......!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by TimFisher2: 5:09am On Jun 12, 2021
Ever8090:
I don't even understand what this post is about,.what exactly do you want people to analyze?.

Go back to my question and answer it? After you must have done your findings and study
Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by ThinkSmarter: 5:16am On Jun 12, 2021
@op, relax
SE maybe a small land mass compared to other regions.
But it a land flowing with milk and Hot.
A soil that supports almost all crops, animals, mineral deposits, good weather, Forestry products,etc
Unlike the vast Barren Sahel/ Sahara desert.
There is a different between quality and quantity.

5 Likes

Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by Sunnymatey(m): 5:30am On Jun 12, 2021
All these was arranged to favour a particular tribe or region from the beginning.
They had always been some sort of dirty scheming to gain political advantage over the south.
Tell me, what has the Benue, Nassarawa, Kogi
among other ethnic nationals in the middle belt have in common with the core north?

Look at it very well, why all the killings in Benue if the Benue people mean anything to the real aclaim owners of the region.
If not to displace them and give room for the fulani tribe to come in and occupy.

The motives is, use them to get rubbost population figures, big land mass etc. while the benefit goes to the mainstream north.

We all do understand the benefits, fat allocation to 19 northen states +FCT against 17 divided state in the south. In terms of election, the north decides who wins.

I often laugh when some persons says the hausa/fulani are not clever, this guys are smart. They think 500years ahead.
They may had engaged foreign consultant to have acheived this but that's smartness.

Take for instance, if Orji Kalu is promised to succeed Buhari, he will yield to all the conditions that will be layed at the table by the north knowing fully that a block vote from the north is the decider in nigeria politics.

In fact, he will even accept for Abia state to be ceeded to the north.
That's our problem, greed.
We've got the resources but sold it out like Esua and now turn out to bargain before getting anything.
The likes of Zik, Awolowo and co. belives in the saying "education is power" but in nigeria, it is he who holds the gun that determines what happens.
That north or huasa/fulani new this from the beginning so they dominated the military even as unschooled personnel.
Today, what political influence has the like of Chinue Achebe, Wole Soyinka et al compare with the likes of Obasanjo, Buhari, IBB, Abacha etc.

The damage done can never be redeem except we have a purposeful national discuss wich the 'smart' north having weigh what's at stake, are vehemently opposing it.
What Ojukwu saw year back, the SW are just realizing it now.

Unfortunately, the worst the south can do is a repeat of the 1967-1979 unfortunate event which to me is too expensive.
The north on their part are not ready to compromise anything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by olisaEze(m): 5:36am On Jun 12, 2021
We also refrain from stating our findings till you tell us how you’d share the "cake". grin

One observation though, the SE is not really all of the SE, and the SW has Kwara State carved out of it and joined to the NC. On a good & bad day Naija na scam, we all know dis already!

7 Likes

Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by SirBrightoc(m): 5:50am On Jun 12, 2021
There is no how you will have some South South states towards south-east of the South East region. The true arrangement of South East would have included Benue, Cross River, Akwa Ibom and Rivers according to the map. Note that all the other regions are not grouped based on language. So, why should the SE be based on language? There is what this arrangement is meant for.

The political arrangements codenamed SE, SS, SW, NE, NC, NW were born out of the need to divide the original Biafran people and to isolate the Igbos from the rest.

That is part of the master plan to ensure that Biafra will not rise again.

4 Likes

Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by meritadavize1(m): 7:28am On Jun 12, 2021
Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by Kayberg: 8:03am On Jun 12, 2021
post=102630878:

Okay, Fair enough,
Sensible members of the house, we are waiting for you.

Happy Democracy Day to all sane Nairalanders

Which Democracy are we celebrating?
What's to be celebrated in insecurity, inflation, killings, murder, kidnappings, forced ransom payments, dilapidated roads, poor educational structure to mention a few?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by naijapips02: 8:49am On Jun 12, 2021
ThinkSmarter:
@op, relax
SE maybe a small land mass compared to other regions.
But it a land flowing with milk and Hot.
A soil that supports almost all crops, animals, mineral deposits, good weather, Forestry products,etc
Unlike the vast Barren Sahel/ Sahara desert.
There is a different between quality and quantity.

But you import most of your food? Over 60% of indigenes leave outside the SE. Where's the quality?
Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by ThinkSmarter: 9:27am On Jun 12, 2021
naijapips02:

But you import most of your food? Over 60% of indigenes leave outside the SE. Where's the quality?
We eat mostly fufu and garri from cassava, yam, rice and beans.
We grow all these, though not in a commercial quantity.
But the ones we grow sustains us.
We only need extra imported rice .
Beans,beef, onions,tomatoes, pepper, garden eggs and carrots from the North.
Of which, those food from the North doesn't make up to 20% of our total food consumption.
Yes about 40% of Igbos are outside southeast.
We are hustlers and like every hustler, he is always ready to leave his comfort zone.
Same way the Hausas are.
There is no Town in southern Nigeria that you won't see Northern community.
Same way there is no town/cities all over Nigeria and diaspora you won't see an Igbo man.
That's is the spirit of enterprise and self reliance.
Most of our people don't look up to the government back home and in the Federal level.
Most civil service jobs in East are dominated by women.

2 Likes

Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by Daniel058(m): 10:07am On Jun 12, 2021
I dream of the day Igbos will have their own country. We are developing other peoples city for them, one day we will bring those development home.
Ndigbo to the world
Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by Hintona(f): 10:31am On Jun 12, 2021
We are a region of different tribes, cultures and languages but we are we are ready to put aside our differences and work together to build a world power, because the progress of humanity is more important.

Why is this so hard for Nigerians?
Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by TimFisher2: 11:56am On Jun 12, 2021
Hintona:
We are a region of different tribes, cultures and languages but we are we are ready to put aside our differences and work together to build a world power, because the progress of humanity is more important.

Why is this so hard for Nigerians?

Sorry Hintona

Water and Oil can not mix together

If you understand my statement, you will know it is very difficult for the Southern protectorate and the Northern protectorate to cohabit together!

Lalasticlala pls move this topic to front page!
Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by BKayy: 11:58am On Jun 12, 2021
naijapips02:

Afonja syndrome "Lie, believe the lie and later use the same lie as a base for argument"
Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by TimFisher2: 12:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
SirBrightoc:
There is no how you will have some South South states towards south-east of the South East region. The true arrangement of South East would have included Benue, Cross River, Akwa Ibom and Rivers according to the map. Note that all the other regions are not grouped based on language. So, why should the SE be based on language? There is what this arrangement is meant for.

The political arrangements codenamed SE, SS, SW, NE, NC, NW were born out of the need to divide the original Biafran people and to isolate the Igbos from the rest.

That is part of the master plan to ensure that Biafra will not rise again.

You got the point.. I was trying to buttress

It now look as if Igbos are the Biafrans...as far as im concern Igbos are just a tribe in the Biafran enclave

1 Like

Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 13, 2021
What Nigeria should adopt is regional govt of all sub ethnic groups.. ie Yoruba region, Igbo region, hausa region, ijaw region, etc looking at the map, it's not well defined
Re: Geographers, Map Of Nigeria Is Deceitful by SirBrightoc(m): 2:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
TimFisher2:

You got the point.. I was trying to buttress

It now look as if Igbos are the Biafrans...as far as im concern Igbos are just a tribe in the Biafran enclave

That's the simple truth. But, many people out of hatred for the Igbos which they can't tell why, will not allow their minds to reason out the truth.

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State Govt Discovers Abandoned State-Owned Aircraft In Germany(pics) / MC Oluomo Dares Sanwo-olu, Orders His Men Back To Lagos Roads / Peter Obi Supporters Hold Meeting In Bakori Lga, Katsina State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.