Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu (2587 Views)

Glo, MTN, Airtel, Others Move To Raise Tariff / Your Bad Experience At Computer Village Ikeja / My Experience at The Infinix S4 Hangout In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by gbemishile: 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2021
My experience at the glo world outlet at ikorodu yesterday was terrible.
I left home early and got to the place around 6:15 a.m
I met a small crowd but when I got the list I realised the name list had gotten to 60,so I quickly wrote my name at 61.u was told the person who came first got to the office at around 2a.m early that morning.
So we waited till around 8:30 before the workers started trooping in for work.one of the staffs came down to call about 20 names from the list,so I was a little bit happy that with the way the names are called,I would be attended to before the| close of work.we waited till around 12:20,but the staff never came down to call out names again,so we got impatient and led a small protest before they eventually came down to call another 15 names.in all of these shows,I just sat down and was complaining jejely about their unprofessionalism and all.i was still hopeful that by the time the woman comes down the third time to call out the names,I would be amongst the..I got a ride shock,when I saw the gateman writting another list of names,so I asked him what happened.he said the manager said he should write another names,for those that are retrieving sim.thats when my craze start o.i started raining the curse from the back where I was,then .over to the front to block the gate.i told them categorically I won't write my name down and nobody will go inside for retrieval unless the old list is found and used.the manager came downstairs and started yarning dust,that he came downstairs earlier and met very few people so he told the gateman to write another names.
I no even allow am land,I just tell am say oga,if in conclusion of tht statement,say na the new list u wan use,me I no go gree.its pure rubbish for you to claim that u met not less than 15 people waiting for retrieval,so you instructed them to write another names.one cele pastor beside me wanted to rough handle me,na so I change am for am.
The manager came out again to say there is no network,that we should come back on tuesday.i told them no wahala,let everybody go home cus as for me,I will never allow anybody do retrieval if the old list is not used.i don't mind if it doesn't get to my turn on the old list.i will quieatly go home and come another day,but for you guys to claim you did not see the old list,so you want to use another one,me I no go gree.
Glo is one of the few reasons why we as Nigerians are the problem of ourselves.imagine an indigenous company behaving this way.i didn't spend up to an hour retrieving my MTN sim.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by HONESTFACT101(m): 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2021
......signing out✈
Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by fredie107(m): 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2021
gbemishile:
I met a small crowd but when I got the list I realised the name list had gotten to 60,so I quickly wrote my name at 61.u was told the person who came first got to the office at around 2a.m early that morning.
So we waited till around 8:30 before the workers started trooping in for work.one of the staffs came down to call about 20 names from the list,so I was a little bit happy that with the way the names are called,I would be attended to before the| close of work.we waited till around 12:20,but the staff never came down to call out names again,so we got impatient and led a small protest before they eventually came down to call another 15 names.in all of these shows,I just sat down and was complaining jejely about their unprofessionalism and all.i was still hopeful that by the time the woman comes down the third time to call out the names,I would be amongst the..I got a ride shock,when I saw the gateman writting another list of names,so I asked him what happened.he said the manager said he should write another names,for those that are retrieving sim.thats when my craze start o.i started raining the curse from the back where I was,then .over to the front to block the gate.i told them categorically I won't write my name down and nobody will go inside for retrieval unless the old list is found and used.the manager came downstairs and started yarning dust,that he came downstairs earlier and met very few people so he told the gateman to write another names.
I no even allow am land,I just tell am say oga,if in conclusion of tht statement,say na the new list u wan use,me I no go gree.its pure rubbish for you to claim that u met not less than 15 people waiting for retrieval,so you instructed them to write another names.one cele pastor beside me wanted to rough handle me,na so I change am for am.
The manager came out again to say there is no network,that we should come back on tuesday.i told them no wahala,let everybody go home cus as for me,I will never allow anybody do retrieval if the old list is not used.i don't mind if it doesn't get to my turn on the old list.i will quieatly go home and come another day,but for you guys to claim you did not see the old list,so you want to use another one,me I no go gree.
Glo is one of the few reasons why we as Nigerians are the problem of ourselves.imagine an indigenous company behaving this way.i didn't spend up to an hour retrieving my MTN sim.

Come to MTN office in Jos..... You will understand that what you faced is a child's play.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by Jacku: 5:29pm On Jun 12, 2021
This is very sad. So sorry for your experience
Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by Twelfthman: 7:02pm On Jun 12, 2021
Pathetic
Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by Mikester: 7:22pm On Jun 12, 2021
A big discredit to globacom and the nation as a whole. I have had similar experiences as well with other organisations such as banks and hospitals.

The worst of them all was when I wanted to issue a voters card. If you see the way we all were in a queue under the sun ehn. The staff there were just unprofessional and have no conscience. They were partial, rude and lack organisation. It got to a point a fight broke out in the office and properties were damaged in the process because people were angry and no one was eager to wait anymore.

In the end, I had to leave there around 5:00 pm though I arrived there as early as 8:00am.

All this happened at a so-called government office, so I'm not surprised at tales like this.

Where the average nigerians are, lies and unprofessionalism is not absent.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by maxjax(m): 7:25pm On Jun 12, 2021
must glo sims be retrieved from only glo office outlets? I also faced such experience at their Benin offices (mission road & kada plaza)...no luck for just sim swap to 4G sim. the security man told me to come by 3am I thought he was joking.... got there 8am was told they have finished selecting

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by Paulphysics2014(m): 8:55pm On Jun 12, 2021
It's like that every where, anyways to know about Airtel postpaid plans check my signature
Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by WhatCanIsay(m): 9:39pm On Jun 12, 2021
gbemishile:
My experience

Bros you acted right! I wish all Nigerians will fight for their rights the way you just did. Honestly, I say, KUDOS to you!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by Oblongata: 9:58pm On Jun 12, 2021
So sorry for your experience...

And I commend you for your actions! The truth is ; the wrong doers will never see what they do as wrong, unless they are challenged!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by BennyDGreat: 10:06pm On Jun 12, 2021
Nothing new.

Glo has always been this way. Very horrible!

Poorly trained staff. They stress old people and don't give a damn whether you have other things to do.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by potbelly(m): 10:22pm On Jun 12, 2021
Had same issue as well...

Mine was even a smaller office...

Wanted to upgrade to a 4G sim.

It took almost 72 hours to get the sim working...

For mtn same day your sim don dey work...

P.s I am not even an active user of the mtn line or the glo line... so I am in no way trying to promo for mtn

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by edoairways: 10:29pm On Jun 12, 2021
The problem is not entirely glo's fault but the attitude of an average Nigerian. An average Nigerian is selfish, wicked and non challant towards public things

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by Immanueladebol(m): 11:38pm On Jun 12, 2021
Mikester:

I tried registering for TVC Jan 2018, first day i went around 4pm,saw the crowd and made enquiries that I should come around 5am the next day, I left my house around 5am go the registration center only to see that about 80 has written down their names, I was later told people sleep there or come in around 12am to write their names,I decided to wait, I waited till 5pm, the number of those on the list that got registered were not up to 50 because other people(Pregnant women,old people And THOSE THAT HAD LONG LEGS) were registered too. I was still hopefully I will get it done,so I left my house 4am the next day and the list was already about 60 again, I saw people who slept in that cold weather and I was terrified for them, the officials resumed late for work that day, that made some people to go to their work place or somewhere else. So many discrepancies happened that day from people claiming peoples name on the list to officials registering their friends. I had to force my way in around 4:30pm and I was home by 5pm. I traveled back to base and returned to get my PVC and I was told it was not ready in August, I returned in December,Same story, to cut the long story short, I was at the INEC HQ and was told to wait for the next election.A big discredit to globacom and the nation as a whole. I have had similar experiences as well with other organisations such as banks and hospitals.

The worst off them all was when I wanted to issue a voters card. If you see the way we all were in a queue under the sun ehn. The staffs there were just unprofessional and have no conscience. They were partial, rude and lack organisation. It got to a point a fight broke out in the office and properties were damaged in the process because people were angry and no one was eager to wait anymore.

In the end, I had to leave there around 5:00 pm though I arrived there as early as 8:00am.

All this happened at a so-called government office, so I'm not surprised at tales like this.

Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by youngblaq: 7:51am On Jun 13, 2021
maxjax:
must glo sims be retrieved from only glo office outlets? I also faced such experience at their Benin offices (mission road & kada plaza)...no luck for just sim swap to 4G sim. the security man told me to come by 3am I thought he was joking.... got there 8am was told they have finished selecting

Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by immortalityk: 8:04am On Jun 13, 2021
potbelly:

P.s I am not even an active user of the mtn line or the glo line... so I am in no way trying to promo for mtn
can you sell me the MTN line
mine was stolen.
Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by Ray07(m): 8:23am On Jun 13, 2021
fredie107:

Come to MTN office in Jos..... You will understand that what you faced is a child's play.
hill station side abi . . . ?
Those guys do me something way I no go ever forget embarassed
Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by Mogadishuu: 8:58am On Jun 13, 2021
I am sure Chief Wale Adenuga is reading this
Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by gbemishile: 9:27am On Jun 13, 2021
I had already done my registration at glo world adeniran ogunsanya surulere.i was advised to go to the nearest place to my home.i went to ikorodu but the crowd was much,so I decided to stick to adeniran ogunsanya.i had bee patrolling there for a long time but wasn't successful.the one last one that got me very very irritated was that I booked an appointment with them for last week saturday.i left home very early from ikorodu to get there on time.when the man called out the names,I could not find my name again.my name vanished from the book.if u see the tattered book that was used gan sef,u go just dey boil.thats y I just vex leave there and decided to come to ikorodu.
Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by potbelly(m): 9:42am On Jun 13, 2021
@op, i will advise you to find one of their small centers and do your registration.
Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by oloyedewaris(m): 10:08am On Jun 13, 2021
All Christians are hypocrite, finished

On the other thread where that tribal mark model is complaining about religious assignment

See the way Christians are now changing story

If it had been islamic assignment, all they will be chanting is islamization

Bunch of alabosi
Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by swarley75(m): 10:09am On Jun 13, 2021
Glo has a very bad customer relationship, even on Twitter, they can't engage their customers properly. MTN are miles better than them in everything. All Glo is good at is spending money on unnecessary advert.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by NnamdiN: 10:37am On Jun 13, 2021
I want to ask a harmless question.
Assuming you had an insider and they could get you in through the back door to retrieve your sim fast. Would you go in or wait out your turn at the queue?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by Simeonjoe1: 10:54am On Jun 13, 2021
oloyedewaris:
All Christians are hypocrite, finished

On the other thread where that tribal mark model is complaining about religious assignment

See the way Christians are now changing story

If it had been islamic assignment, all they will be chanting is islamization

Bunch of alabosi

Though I feel your pains but not all Christian pls
Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by gbemishile: 11:07am On Jun 13, 2021
NnamdiN:
I want to ask a harmless question.
Assuming you had an insider and they could get you in through the back door to retrieve your sim fast. Would you go in or wait out your turn at the queue?
I could wait o.u might not know me or believe me,but am very stingy to part away money in instances like that.
Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by angelfallz(m): 11:10am On Jun 13, 2021
I like what you did. But is it a must to use Glo?

gbemishile:
Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by angelfallz(m): 11:20am On Jun 13, 2021
It's you people that are encouraging Glo to misbehave. Is Glo the only network in Nigeria?
I've abandoned Glo since.

potbelly:

Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by meetme01: 11:33am On Jun 13, 2021
angelfallz:
It's you people that are encouraging Glo to misbehave. Is Glo the only network in Nigeria?
I've abandoned Glo since.

Glo in my trash can. Used in saving numbers.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by Zipopo(m): 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2021
Glo office @ Fadeyi bus stop.

From the security gate you will witness high service.

For any customers that want to do SIM welcome back/buy their products, security man will change his face seriously, especially a yoruba security lady because they will not get any penny from this.

For customer that want to register NIN....they will treat you like a King/Queen
Forget your name is on list or not, security will fast track your work easily as you bribe them.
Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by Angelacruz: 3:32pm On Jun 13, 2021
Staff not staffs
Mikester:
A big discredit to globacom and the nation as a whole. I have had similar experiences as well with other organisations such as banks and hospitals.

The worst of them all was when I wanted to issue a voters card. If you see the way we all were in a queue under the sun ehn. The staffs there were just unprofessional and have no conscience. They were partial, rude and lack organisation. It got to a point a fight broke out in the office and properties were damaged in the process because people were angry and no one was eager to wait anymore.

Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by Solsix(m): 3:52pm On Jun 13, 2021
maxjax:
Hahahaha, Benin is synonymous with witchcraft, you for go by 3am or ask him if u be witch
Re: My Experience At Glo World Office At Ikorodu by Solsix(m): 3:54pm On Jun 13, 2021
maxjax:
Hahahaha, Benin is synonymous with witchcraft, you for go by 3am or ask him if u be witch. Me retrieve Glo line?? I simply buy another one. The cost of retrieving glo sim is much no be say people dey use am for my area. I just dey form patriotic nigeria yet them jus dey do anyhow.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just Launched A New Samsung Galaxy S21 Fe 5g 8gb 256 / How To Connect Tecno P3 As A Modem And Hotspot For Wireless Devices (pictures) / Xtreme Lollipop OS V9 Alpha For Tecno H6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.