Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

5 Online Businesses To Start In 2021 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Online Businesses To Start In 2021 (166 Views)

Online Businesses To Launch From Home Today / 5 Profitable Businesses To Start With Very Little Capital In 2022 / These Photos Prove That 'craze' Did Not Start In This Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Online Businesses To Start In 2021 by Kaizen0426(m): 6:40pm On Jun 12, 2021
To start an online business you need a good mindset, a positive one.

Don’t go around chasing every trend you see online. You will end up with nothing, trust me.

That said, I begin.

Freelancing

Freelancing basically means selling your skills for use by other people for money. This is usually done on contract basis and the pay could be daily, hourly or after every milestone achieved in the job given.

Starting freelancing requires you have a skill, preferably a high income skill to sell such as:
Copywriting
Web design & Development
Graphics design
Programming and software development
Video editing
Content marketing/writing etc.

If you have one of these skills, then you can start using it to make money as there are a lot of people looking to use your services in their businesses, projects and companies.

Learning a skill as well isn’t difficult. You can learn on your own through YouTube and educational sites like coursera, edx, udemy etc. But learning from a mentor is far better and faster and even cheaper most times in the long run.

I recommend learning copywriting for anyone who wants to also venture into other online businesses. It helps to form a solid ground in marketing and will help you in your physical businesses also, not just online. It will open your mind while making you money as well.

Like a friend of mine, Djedje Bright, who made $1300(that’s over 600k) from writing a single sales letter for a financial company, he actually did so because he learnt from the best copywriting and marketing genius. Learning from this “marketing genius” you get to know how to land clients who pay in dollars even without using the sites I am about to show you.

Not just that, you will also learn the best niches that guarantee you get high paying clients like bright, great materials to train and work with and a great support group to help you along the way(that’s where I and bright became friends).

If it seems like something you want to do then Message me on WhatsApp

Getting clients as a freelancer can be done through sites like:
Upwork
Fiverr
Freelancer etc.

Upwork and fiverr are the most popular sites to get jobs. I recommend following @olamideTowobola on twitter to help you find your way around both sites and even more, that’s when you have gotten one of the high paying skills above.

I recommend freelancing because you can scale it as well by employing others and teaching them this skill as your job offers increase. You could even own your own agency along the way.

Dropshipping/E-commerce

Dropshipping and E-commerce are quite popular trends. Think jumia, konga and even your instagram sellers all practice one of these two or both.

E-commerce simply means buying and selling done on the internet. You can do this through online stores like jumia and on social media pages e.g instagram and Facebook pages etc.

While dropshipping is a type of e-commerce that enables you to sell to consumers without holding any goods in stock.

Let me explain better, you go to the market and you see nice wrist watches you think you can sell to your WhatsApp list or any other channel. You discuss with the owner of these watches to advertise them without really buying them.

Let’s say one of them goes for 10k, then you start advertising it online for 15k, that’s a gain of 5k for everyone who buys the product and mind you the product isn’t in your custody you only promote the product and get a profit just like that for only advertising to others. The product is delivered/fulfilled by the owner of the product.

You can start this from the comfort of your home, all you need is to get a source for good products, good advertising(very important) then get your profits on each sale. You don’t have to worry about fulfilling/delivering the goods most of the time.

The possibilities are endless with e-commerce/dropshipping. It has created so many internet millionaires and is still creating.

You can start with dropshipping which is very cheap. All you need is to source a product to promote, a good smartphone/laptop with data connection to advertise your products and an audience to sell to and watch the money come in. You can scale it by increasing your advert reach and even start promoting your own products and who knows a multi-million company could be born.

While starting out the most important thing to learn is marketing so you could be able to market these products and highlight their benefits properly. Good marketing would help you identify a market in need of a good product you can offer through proper research. These marketing techniques can help you, you should learn them:
Copywriting
Facebook ads
Instagram ads
WhatsApp marketing

Yes you heard me right, WhatsApp marketing, it is arguably one of the most rewarding channels of marketing these days, you can message me on WhatsApp if you need help with it: 07088306200

Dropshipping/E-commerce is very lucrative especially when you have the right product and the right knowledge of marketing. Get started already.

3.Information marketing

Info marketing is basically selling your knowledge online. This could be in the form of digital products like courses in video, audio or written format, ebooks, guides etc.

People need information to help them build skills, get rich, get the love of their lives, and live healthy lives.

Anyone with this information could package it very well and sell it to those in need of it.

Good information isn’t hard to get; you just need to know 1% more than the average person to be able to sell something valuable to them. The usual bestsellers are in the:
Health nice
Make money niche
Love, sex and relationship niche
and so many others that are quite very lucrative. I know of a man Mr. Nonso Nnamani who became a millionaire from selling dating guides to people at 4K each.

If you want to venture into this make sure you do your research on the market you want to sell this info to and the knowledge you want to sell to them.

The last thing is good online marketing. This is very vital in selling this knowledge to people. That is why I recommended copywriting and WhatsApp marketing to you earlier. You need it… like you really need it, at least for a start before using Facebook ads, instagram ads and the likes.

That said, let’s move on.

4. Lead Generation

Laughing out loud, we are back to marketing and ads.

Lead generation is a hot business. The knowledge of running profitable ads that bring sales is a superpower in today’s world.
You command huge fees in dollars for every ad campaign, and the funny thing is, you will never get short of clients so long as they see the results in sales and profits.

Good knowledge in facebooks ads, instagram ads, sales funnel building, google ads, copywriting etc, can get you in the door with lead generation. The better you get the higher your fees. You can teach more people this skill and get them to work for you that way you scale your business and become a full scale online ads agency.

Who says you can’t make money for yourself by selling your own products or getting a percentage in a business for running the marketing aspect of it.

When it comes to Facebook ads, benahili Ojeme is probably the best at it. You can get access to her and her knowledge and strategies for a small fee of 25k.

You also get to learn information marketing as well from her if you get her course. This is a good offer. It might be expensive but it’s worth it and the return on investment is far greater than the 25k you will pay. Having the superpower of running profitable ads for yourself and others while having the opportunity to earn in dollars seems to be worth the amount.

Message me:07088306200

Let’s get to the very last one.

5. Affiliate marketing

Let’s just say I saved this for last, I know you would be asking why… stay with me you will soon know.

Affiliate marketing is very simple to understand. Have you ever recommended a good product to someone that you thought would be very useful to them ?, If yes, then what you did was affiliate marketing. The only difference is that you didn’t get paid for it.

Affiliate marketing is just recommending other people’s products to whoever might be in need of it for a commission. This could be courses, ebooks, home appliances, travel visas, real estate etc.

It is one of the best online businesses to start now. This is because you might not have a product to promote or a knowledge to sell, Fine!!. Then why not promote other people’s products and earn a commission for every sale made from each person you recommend.

It is a win-win situation for everyone. The customer is happy they got a good product, the owner of the product is happy they made a sale, and finally the affiliate marketer is happy as well that you got a commission.

To promote a product you need to find a seller that has affiliate programs in place or you join an affiliate marketplace like clickbank, jvzoo etc. Clickbank would have been a good place to start, but it has banned Nigerians because of fraudulent activities online. There are still ways to access it but I don’t recommend them, because they come with their own issues and you might lose your money.

But there is a way, a Nigerian affiliate market place just like clickbank, On this site there are over 40 digital products to promote and get amazing commissions.

There is a video about this affiliate marketplace that you can watch to find out all you need to know about it.

And it also offers an opportunity to learn:
Facebook ads
A good part of WhatsApp marketing
Copywriting
Email marketing and lots more.

Send me a message on WhatsApp: 07088306200

On a final note, the online space is real and full of opportunities, depending on the information you get and how you use it.

Resilience and hard work can get you success in any venture you take up. But you see the internet space, you need a mentor or teacher to get you there faster. You get to use their systems and strategies to make your own money. Except you are some wizard or witch or wizpapa (smiles).

With the way things are in Nigeria, having an online business has become a necessity. I don’t need to start giving you thousands of reasons why, you already know what I am talking about.

Think about the freedom, the time, the fulfillment, the knowledge and even the adventure it brings. But most importantly the transformation your mind goes through

The best time to start was over 10years ago, the second best time was during the pandemic, the next best time is now.

You can share this with your friends, family, colleagues, whoever at all you want to share with.

My name is Kaizen Samuel.

And if you would like to ask questions or connect with me then send me a message on WhatsApp 07088306200

I wish you Goodluck.

And please, START NOW!!!.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Become A Professional Graphics Designer In 3wks With Photoshop / Top 10 Tips And Tricks In Microsoft Outlook [2021] / Medical Science Scholarships In Canada For International Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.