Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

I Need Dental Advice, Please Open - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Need Dental Advice, Please Open (192 Views)

I Need Dental Braces Madly, I Can't Keep Up Anymore. / See The Poisonous Milk I Bought From Peak Milk. Please Open And Learn / 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Dental Advice, Please Open by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 12, 2021
I've been battling with this dental problem since childhood, most of my teeth are greatly stained and gradually decaying and I've tried a lot of remedies to revert this but, all to no avail.

The situation is really taking a toll on me as my self-esteem is now low, I can't talk in public because it feels uncomfortable to me as people keeps staring at my teeth irritably. I've to feign being shy and introverted to avoid speaking mostly.

Managing the situation was quite easy while I was in primary and secondary school as one could easily avoid conversations and speeches but, currently I'm an undergraduate that has loads of group discussions, presentations and oral tests to deal with. I also need to socialize also. It's now getting me close to depression.

Please, if you know of any remedy that works or you've once been in same situation, kindly share with me.
Re: I Need Dental Advice, Please Open by Nobody: 2:10am On Jun 13, 2021
Anyone please
Re: I Need Dental Advice, Please Open by Nobody: 5:10am On Jun 13, 2021
undecided
Re: I Need Dental Advice, Please Open by Sewasaunt(f): 12:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
Hello, op.
I am guessing that most of your teeth are grossly broken or stained?

Well, I will try to make a brief list that may help you.

You will need Patience, a good dentist/ dental Clinic, time and money...lots of money.

Patience, because whatever will be done for you won't be overnight, your treatment will be in stages until you achieve what you desire.

A good Dentist and clinic because empathy goes a long way, good communication is key and a not so expensive place raises your chances of getting the dental care you desire.

Time, because as I said, your treatment will most likely be in stages and there will be many clinic visits.

Money, I don't think I have to explain that part.

So what can be done?

If your teeth are discoloured, they can simply be covered up, either with composite (cheaper but not so strong and composite stains over time with use) or you have veneers made to cover the teeth (these are expensive, realistic and last for several years)

If you have many broken down and worn teeth.
You may need to take out the most hopeless of them, treat and save the ones that can be treated and saved and then get almost life like replacements depending on your pockets but dentures are quite cheap and affordable.

I hope you get the gist?

If you are in Lagos, try LUTH at Idi Araba.

Also, early presentation in a clinic matters, the more you delay, the worse things get , the worse the prognosis and the lower your chances at saving some teeth are.

Feel free to read up online and let me know if you have questions.

I wish you the best

(1) (Reply)

How To Beat Stress And Live A More Balanced Life / Nigeria: Govt Releases N500m To Sokoto Health Scheme For 43,000 Indigents / Benefits Of Spirulina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.