Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) (625 Views)

President Buhari: Our Policy Has Made Nigeria A Fertilizer Powerhouse In Africa / PDP To Buhari: Our Governors Don’t Peddle Falsehood Like You / Aisha Yesufu Blasts Buhari: Our No 1 Travel Blogger/Vlogger Is Back In Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by BannarBannar: 11:28pm On Jun 12, 2021
Hello, fellow nairalander,
I am not a guru but I just wish to express my thought on the very state of our dear country.
Based on different agitation that has been going on in the country, a lot of people are clamoring for secession why others want a country of their own and others to want a better life.

In my own opinion, I don't think the disintegration of the country will be the best option, as we all know that countries that have passed through the process of disintegration still suffer it up till today, talk the like of old USSR, India, Pakistan among others. And, if Biafra should go alone and Oduduwa nation follows suit, you can't say no stranger will live in your land because your people as well are living in other places around the globe. Moreover, the same set of leaders in Nigeria are likely to be the same set of leaders in these sub countries we want to disintegrate into and we may likely end up splitting and face some consequences such as war and nothing will improve as well.

In my own opinion, I think where our leaders are getting it wrong is in the place of financial security and not physical security. It is the financial insecurity that has stylishly transformed into physical insecurity that we are experiencing all over the nation.
Take, for instance, you hardly find wealthy and comfortable people joining all this protest with a very Strong agitation. It is only average Nigerians you will find protecting. This is not difficult to identify if you study the statistics below which was taken from the federal government allocation share in June 2020. And I will take a state in Nigeria as a case study.

I am taking Osun state as a case study of what is happening in the country and will use the data available to us. And as you know data do not lie.

Osun state collected a total sum of #2.4billion and local government allocation of #2.1 billion making a total of #4.5billion.

The population of Osun state is around 3 million people according to the recent data given.

The federal government allocation represents more than 70% of the total income of the state.

This means if we divide #4.5 billion by the population of 3,000,000 people, we will get #1500. This means each individual is entitled to a sum of #1500 monthly.

Remember that the sum of #1500 ($3 per month) will not be shared equally because the state governor, salary earners will have advantage over other people. In a situation where this kind of disturb figure is the order of the day and this has been repeating itself incessantly, definitely unrest and restlessness is total inevitable.

IPOB, Oduduwa nation, and even the so-called bandit and Boko haram might not have a grip in the country assuming the economy is very strong and everything is going the way it is supposed to go.

Even though I have given my opinion, I will also like to
Share my view or opinion on what I think the solution should be.

In a country or a house where by the leadership does not start a project based on what is the problem and look to seek solution but keep doing a random project that may end up not beneficial, calamity is inevitable.

Let us remember that one of the best program to have been introduced by the government of this country is NYSC and this is a program most nations would have copied us if not for the way we paint ourselves for them. Remember the program is to strengthen our unity and it came to being when we just finished civil war when unity is all we need.

Any government at state of federal level that will make any impact must focus on bring Nigeria out of economy crises and how do we do this,

1. By cutting all our excesses

Even Nigeria is about sinking and we are still spending on excesses like paying for pilgrimage( for both Saudi Arabia and Isreal) to strengthen economy that is stong already.

The president is going will a lot of aids and entourage which is wasting our money

The politicians are allowed to spend dollars any how and it keeps weakened our currency ( remember the more dollars we spend the lower our external reserve will go and the weaker our economy will be) and the more dollars we make the stronger our currency.

2. Look for what we can contribute to international market

Unfortunately, our leader are just thinking like we followers. If we think of getting dollars to the system, they always think of short time investment like Ponzi scheme and Cryptocurrency which are not a sustainable means and that is why you see governors abandoning the work of his predecessor and starting a new one

I will the state am using as an illustration. Osun state has a viable land very good for cocoa.
Statistically, a ton of cocoa is going for 1.7m naira and 10,000 tons will go for #11 billion naira which is an equivalent of what the state will earn as allocation in 4months. If a state governor embark on getting 20,000. Tons of cocoa over the next five years ( as we all know this is a crop that doesn't yield in a year), even your successor can't come and cut down the trees because it is beneficial to the state.

But instead the state governor in 2014 decided to embark on planting trees and road construction which doesn't add anything to the economy of the state.
If the governor had judiciously make use of about 20,000 youth the administration employed then to embark on meaningful projects like this, may be the economy of the state and the country would have been a little better by now.

The same thing is applicable to other state governors too. Remember Ondo, Ekiti Osun and Ogun and other states too are good for cocoa, palm oil and cashew production and all this are of economy importance, not only that places like Enugu, Imo, Edo and others are equally good for cashew, palm oil and rubber production as well.

My own opinion tho, I will like you guys to share your thought as well. Together we can make this country better

I believe in one Nigeria, United we stand, divided we fall

Re: Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by BannarBannar: 11:35pm On Jun 12, 2021
Hummm
Re: Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by BannarBannar: 11:43pm On Jun 12, 2021
Re: Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by limeta(f): 11:44pm On Jun 12, 2021
op yes Buhari is our problem
Maybe you eat from the hands of buhari and his fulani brothers thats your problem.

Read this and never come here again with your fulani sympathy.

“The Fulani have become a blight on Africa and its most populous country, Nigeria. Unable to break out of its centuries-old cow herding and wandering culture, it continues to pull down every nation wherever it has any populations. Some countries in West Africa, Ghana and their ancestral home Guinea, have mastered the brutal tactics of dealing with Fulani and the Fulani have learned the bitter lesson by staying away from these countries.”[\quote]

Again, as is happening in Nigeria today, the purpose of all the action of the Fulani was simple; to transfer all wealth available in the CAR by all and every means and place it in the hands and control of the Fulani. It is the same playbook guiding the actions and policies of the Buhari Government in Nigeria. The Fulani elite are raiding the Central Bank, buying dollars and other currencies at heavily discounted rates; other Fulani are raiding the NNPC, plowing through the vaults and trading Nigerian crude for personal gain.

“The educated wing are mowing down governing structures, taking forceful charge and control of all commanding heights of Government and the armed forces. The uneducated Fulani herdsmen are engaged in kidnapping for ransom and now primed to take over ethnic lands, spreading themselves across the nation in settlements acquired with public funds to terrorize indigenous populations.”

https://www.lnc-usa.org/blog/central-african-republic-car-experienced-what-nigeria-is-going-through-today-prevailed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by BannarBannar: 11:47pm On Jun 12, 2021
It is possible this might be through but we still need some other facts from reliable sources to support our claim
Re: Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by BannarBannar: 11:48pm On Jun 12, 2021
limeta:
op yes Buhari is our problem
Read this

“The Fulani have become a blight on Africa and its most populous country, Nigeria. Unable to break out of its centuries-old cow herding and wandering culture, it continues to pull down every nation wherever it has any populations. Some countries in West Africa, Ghana and their ancestral home Guinea, have mastered the brutal tactics of dealing with Fulani and the Fulani have learned the bitter lesson by staying away from these countries.”[\quote]

Again, as is happening in Nigeria today, the purpose of all the action of the Fulani was simple; to transfer all wealth available in the CAR by all and every means and place it in the hands and control of the Fulani. It is the same playbook guiding the actions and policies of the Buhari Government in Nigeria. The Fulani elite are raiding the Central Bank, buying dollars and other currencies at heavily discounted rates; other Fulani are raiding the NNPC, plowing through the vaults and trading Nigerian crude for personal gain.

“The educated wing are mowing down governing structures, taking forceful charge and control of all commanding heights of Government and the armed forces. The uneducated Fulani herdsmen are engaged in kidnapping for ransom and now primed to take over ethnic lands, spreading themselves across the nation in settlements acquired with public funds to terrorize indigenous populations.”

https://www.lnc-usa.org/blog/central-african-republic-car-experienced-what-nigeria-is-going-through-today-prevailed.
/

Do you still believe the country Nigeria can work
Re: Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by limeta(f): 11:52pm On Jun 12, 2021
BannarBannar:
/

I don't even want it to work
Re: Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by BannarBannar: 11:53pm On Jun 12, 2021
limeta:

I don't even want it to work

But what of the consequences it can come with like war and what will be the aftermath of the breakage
Re: Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by limeta(f): 11:56pm On Jun 12, 2021
BannarBannar:

But what of the consequences it can come with like war and what will be the aftermath of the breakage

Fulanis can't bring war to Nigerian
They will be killed so fast they won't know what hit them
Re: Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by BannarBannar: 12:00am On Jun 13, 2021
Though I can dispute this but even Sudan and South Sudan are still struggling with the aftermath of the breakage that is my only fear. And I never get money make I run out of the country make I dey watch the rest like film
Re: Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 13, 2021
The truth is that...
An APC man will be a Nigerian PRESIDENT in next election...
And he may even be worst than Buhari.....
Your vote doesn't count.....
Fulanis will never rest unless they islamis Nigeria............

Yes I have seen it...........

Igbos should fight for there Nation.........
Re: Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by BannarBannar: 12:09am On Jun 13, 2021
Kings999:
The truth is that...
An APC man will be a Nigerian PRESIDENT in next election...
And he may even be worst than Buhari.....
Your vote doesn't count.....
Fulanis will never rest unless they islamis Nigeria............

Yes I have seen it...........

Igbos should fight for there Nation.........

Okay
Re: Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by FarahAideed: 12:13am On Jun 13, 2021
No progress can come from any nation where the president protects Islamic Terrorism
Re: Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:14am On Jun 13, 2021
Op yeah seccession is not the solution like u pointed out,

Be that as it may, u cannot exonerate pmb from the blame. How? he has shown very poor leadership. Instead of carrying everybody along in an all inclusive administration, he decided to focus his interest & attention on one section of the country only.

Those agitating are supposed to be placated and reassured like the way the late president solved ND millitancy.

Yet again the root causes of all these grievances being lack, unemployment, poverty are supposed to be confronted and addressed with all sense of seriousness. HDI has to be propped up, it is damn too low.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by BannarBannar: 12:15am On Jun 13, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Op yeah seccession is not the solution like u pointed out,

Be that as it may, u cannot exonerate pmb from the blame. How? he has shown very poor leadership. Instead of carrying everybody along in an all inclusive administration, he decided to focus his interest & attention on one section of the country only.

Those agitating are supposed to be placated and reassured like the way the late president solved ND militancy.

Yet again the root causes of all these grievances being lack, unemployment, poverty are supposed to be confronted and addressed with all sense of seriousness. HDI has to be propped up, it is damn too low.

I very good contribution, I love this

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by rayvelez(m): 12:45am On Jun 13, 2021
Though seccession is not the answer bt our big problem is Buhari and his fulani kinsmen. Especially those terrorists herdsmen thr boldness and confidence to attack everybody is damn scary. Buhari is just a great calamity and its getting worse everyday.
Re: Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by BannarBannar: 12:59am On Jun 13, 2021
The situation is just getting worse by day
Re: Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by BannarBannar: 1:01am On Jun 13, 2021
Oyaaa....let us hear more views from
Different people
Re: Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by r4bbit: 1:13am On Jun 13, 2021
BannarBannar:
/

Yes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Buhari Our Problem? ( State Of The Nation) by BannarBannar: 1:17pm On Jun 14, 2021
Okay

(1) (Reply)

Soldiers Protect Herdsmen, Cows Flouting Open Grazing Ban In Ijebu-Ode (Video) / Hon. Abiodun Faleke Derides Tinubu And Others Over Family Imposition / Soludo As Obiano's Parting Legacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.